Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: New FPS Games in the works... Want YOUR ideas.  (Read 9815 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: New FPS Games in the works... Want YOUR ideas.
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2009, 08:35:57 pm »

Well, everything turned out well, turns out I'm not just a modeler, I'm one of the head people as well.

Specifics still aren't exactly determined, ideas are always welcome, I can however no longer share anything on my part.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2009, 08:52:22 pm »

nothing eh?

So if anybody wanted to add anything they'd actually have to guess what the games about, if thats even set in stone.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2009, 12:08:42 am »

Okay, what I'll spill is it's more or less 2012, two warring factions (I know typical), aliens eventually come into play. Going for destructible environments (don't know how into it though.) First setting is a well known west coast city. Humans have only human weaponry. I'm trying to get other specifics worked out with them. But it's going to be a 1-4 player. Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2009, 12:12:20 am »

Okay, what I'll spill is it's more or less 2012, two warring factions (I know typical), aliens eventually come into play. Going for destructible environments (don't know how into it though.) First setting is a well known west coast city. Humans have only human weaponry. I'm trying to get other specifics worked out with them. But it's going to be a 1-4 player. Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

Add co-op, seriously.
Nothing makes a game better than co-op.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2009, 02:04:56 am »

and nazi-orc pirates in a steampunk way
I got nothing

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2009, 02:07:24 am »

the gun that shoots around corners w/o exposing yourself...an Israeli developed it.
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2009, 06:51:02 am »

Make the co-op aspect actually matter more... like it does in L4D and it will be sold here.

Second wind from borderlands... is great too.

As for the aliens, make a mix of melee and gun-toting aliens.  Like alien version of wardogs, warbears or something... be creative like that.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2009, 07:33:28 am »

My Multiworlds setting had Earth being attacked circa 2015. The backstory was that there was a massive war going on between alien species over a certain mineral. The mineral was highly useful, but found on only one planet. Earth has nothing to do with the mineral. In the course of the massive war that broke out, a superweapon got accidentally released and the planet was quite unfortunately blown into tiny bits, armies, civilians and all. Realising their mistake (but not quite forgiving each other), the four races arranged a Treaty that was essentially an agreement for controlling the escalation of battle. Both sides fought with as little tech as they could, and once a piece of technology was used against a side in a given battle, that side had the right to use this technology as well, without repercussions. While not actually limiting, the Treaty served a good reminder about the committed atrocity, and the sides followed it for quite a while. Fast forward to 2015. A small assault fleet of one race is being chased to the edge of the galaxy by a large hunting force of another. The fleets still follow the Treaty, preferring boarding teams to onboard weapons for fighting. Seeing no alternative, the assault fleet opens fire on the ships chasing it, thus winning itself some time, and hides its signatures by approaching our planet with all the electronic noise it emits. A miscommunication later, alien attack craft rain death on Earth cities and Russian nukes decimate the assault fleet. Russia is turned into a radioactive wasteland (mostly due to fallout), most of the world's industry is geared towards repairing the damaged, and building new ships for the aliens to use. Earth military, what remains of it, uses USA's (better developed than currently) missile defence network to mostly fend off the aliens from its territory. Some years pass like this, until in 2025 a Resistance movement manages to gain control of all the aliens' installations on Earth. Just as the humans take over everything, four fleets from the different races arrive, following the traces left by the assault fleet (knocking out the communications network was not a good idea), and a fight begins for Earth. Two of the races recognize the humans' rights and introduce them to the Treaty. The combined forces persuade the other two to follow the Treaty as well.

The story then branches off into the Supernatural and Cliche (well, more cliche). It turns out a piece of the mineral ore from the original planet did end up on Earth. One thing after another, a mysterious all-powerful person appears amidst combat, and sees that the fight is quite unbalanced against us Humans. The all-powerful person then enforces the Treaty, by dividing the piece of Mineral ore between representatives of all five races, that become Battle Controllers in charge of enforcing this Treaty. The human representative gets a bigger share of the mineral, of course, and becomes the one whose name I use on the net - Controller Sean Mirrsen. It all goes downhill from there.

I'm not really sure how well it would work for an FPS. It's better suited for an RTS, but provides a good selection of both normal projectile weapons, energy weapons, melee weapons, and aliens. The original aliens weren't too original - two kinds of humanoids with animal features, a different take on the Grays, and some cyborgs. The first part of the game could be about the Resistance getting its act together, then fighting aliens on equal terms, then the Treaty and whatever ending you can think up to the thing.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2009, 10:48:44 am »

Hows about a game where you play AS the alien?

First-person, and you are a spy maybe? Going around, assassinating people, disguising, that sort of thing.

Or you could go for a straight-up Alien invasion, but playing as the aliens.

that would be fun.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2009, 10:56:14 am »

Make the two alien sides imbalanced.
One is more powerful, diffrent tech, diffrent goals, diffrent philosophies.

Otherwise you sit squarely on a fine generic line.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2009, 11:06:21 am »

I meant as in you playing the aliens invading random planets throught the game, each level could be a new one!

(Obviously they would be VERY long levels)

Earth would be in there at some point.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2009, 11:17:20 am »

That sounds pretty great, unfortunately it's already an FPS.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2009, 11:18:49 am »

I know, this is an FPS idea.

You could incorporate some squad moving features or something, i guess...

Telepathic Radios?

Also, what company is this?

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2009, 11:36:52 am »

Maybe the aliens are in DISGUISE as Nazi-Orcs from the future.

When the player finally pulls off their Nazi-Orc masks at the end to reveal their true alien identity, the aliens would say, "...and I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids!".
I got nothing

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2009, 11:45:45 am »

No, they would be Nazis disguised as aliens disguised as Orks. Nazis from the past that got a time machine, travelled to the future, and then came back to conquer all that is good and democratic.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10