Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Mystical Osiris RTD, Seventh Turn: Dance, Dance Sandstorm Revolution  (Read 9085 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystical Osiris RTD, Fourth Turn: Heavy Metal
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2009, 08:11:17 am »

ok all actions are in, should be a turn later today. Going to wait a few hours here, give Dwarmin a chance to change his action, as it dosen't really make much sense in the current situation. However, if he dosen't respond by noon, I'll go ahead and work with what he's posted.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2009, 07:46:01 pm »

Uhhh...I dont how I missed that lol. Must of been spacing out when I posted...

Amended Actions
Ask the statue woman her name and the story of her existence, if she has one, and what help she offers us.

EDIT:This is probably too late a post, so feel free to ignore-no sense in delaying in turn anyway, for what is going to happen anyway.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 07:47:34 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2009, 10:56:22 pm »

No worries, ended up being gone most of the day, so didn't get much time to work through the rolls. So starting them now.

So far so good, two of you overshot, the only critical fail was in a dodge after one of those overshots.

On the bright side, healers have been found, and the two of you who were hurt this past turn, got much needed healing.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2009, 12:35:30 am »

Turn 5!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Recovering quickly from the discomfort of the strange teleportation, Darwishi addresses the statue and asks her a rapid fire questionnaire that would rival FBI interrogators.

Her name is Melsina, The mental echo voice is broadcast to everyone in the group. She is a Priestess of Sekhmet, the goddess of war and destruction. The room you are in now, is her temple.

Listening to the metallic voice in his head, Paneb feels himself slipping into the depths of pain and unconsciousness. Calling upon his mental powers once more, he manages to snap himself back to attentiveness for now, and return his attention to the story.

Melsina was given the magic of teleportation from Sekhmet herself, and was the leader of a large band of warriors who fought for the honor of Memphis. Her body scrapes against itself as she moves over and kneels near Gates. Clasping her hands before him, the voice continues while she seems to pray.

While the bronze woman explains that she teleported herself and her whole squad of twenty bronze and brass, armored and armed warriors from a lost battle, Dragnar starts searching around the room for a new weapon.

Not finding a sword with the strength he's hoping for Dragnar does happen to come upon an exotic claw and chain weapon made of brass. Picking it up, he begins to practice swinging it about, letting the weight dangle from one hand, while throwing the hand-sized scythe about with the other.

The statue woman's story seems to reach Gates's mind even as he dreams. The soothing metalic-female voice describes the scene of what happened to her, like a descriptive movie. The failed thief relaxes some as he watches the teleport take it's toll on each member of the battle squad.

Gates is so moved by the increasingly disturbing sight of most of the squad absorbing metal and rock into vital organs, that he wakes up with a start. Jumping to his feet he lurches to the side unsteadily. Not ready for this sudden movement Dragnar's new weapon neatly severs the dangling hand. Luckily for Gates, he barely feels anything more from the already mutilated limb.

Having no luck in her attempts to heal Gates before he lurches away, Melsina moves over and tries to help Paneb, kneeling near him instead. From her continued story, the group learns that she was merged with her bronze spear, brass shield, and mixed pieces of bronze armor. She was a mangled mess, barely able to stay alive, as her squad died around her. She reached out with her mind, screaming and pleading for help. She eventually hoped for a divine to intervene. Any divine.

Speaking of asking random divine for help. Neberhar decides that his tin hand isn't strong enough, and picks up a length of copper molded into the form of a goose. Closing his eyes, he slams the idol into his hand and squeezes while trying to will the copper to be absorbed. At first this doesn't seem to work, until a voice snickers slightly in Neberhar's head. "Here, let me help." The voice is high pitched and mischievous, and nothing like Melsina's metal echo. The searing pain that follows bodes not well for the tin hand man.

The copper idol is absorbed into Neberhar's hand, and some of it continues up the arm into his chest. When all the pain and disruption stops, he investigates his hand and finds a slightly stronger bronze hand with the same sort of attributes as the prior hand. There is also a strange metallic sound, as well as the smell of metal each time he exhales.

Not noticing Neberhar's sudden change, Melsina continues her story. The goddess who answered her call was Qetesh, a lesser immortal of primal pleasure. Not being able to bend the statue-woman to serve her completely, she molded the new statue form and sent her back to Sekhmet. Being unable to fight in respectful garb any longer, she was delegated to tending the bar in the Golden Scarab as a display of divine power.

Again having no success with helping Paneb, the bronze woman starts to get frustrated, but is relieved when several red robed figures appear from between the statues and take over healing.

Melsina returns to Darwishi's side, and answers his other question. She can help you by providing you with arms, hence you may each choose a weapon from the offerings in this temple armory. She indicates Dragnar's new weapon, like his some of the choices are quite exotic from many distant countries.

She also indicates the red robed healers, as they manage to seal Gates' wrist cleanly with a blood-red paste, healing the wound, if not restoring the hand. Gathering the severed hand however, a mummification urn is produced from one of the Acolytes, and the hand is placed within before being filled with a preservation liquid. The urn is then given to Gates once the healing is finished, perhaps in the future a more skilled healer can re-attach it.

The others working with Paneb, do a similar action if more painful to start. Bracing Paneb first, a steady hand from one of the healers uses a tiny, red-hot dagger to remove what is left of the needles from his eye, taking the remains of his eye with it. However, more of the soothing paste is used to seal the now empty socket, and sooth the pain before he can fall into unconsciousness.

The healers also offer you as a group a single clay pot of the red substance to take with you on your journey, after healing what other little injuries you still have.

Melsina says that you may stay and rest some here before you continue your journey if you wish, but before you leave, her Goddess wishes to see you in person...

----
-Free item: Pot of powerful healing ointment.
-Gates
-Darwishi
-Neberhar
-Paneb
-Dragnar

Locations(currently known):
-The City of Memphis
-The Great River
-strange statue room(Temple of Sekhmet)
Old locations:

NPCS:
- Melsina the statue
- Sekhmet Acolytes

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Mystical Osiris RTD, Fifth Turn: Time for some Healing
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2009, 02:08:30 am »

Hmm... I didn't expect to gain bronzed lungs in addition to my hand. Especially not on a 4. Oh well... at least Ahephi is amusing. Anyway, you said we could pick any weapon we wanted, yes? In that case, I'll take a nice halberd. Then go meet with the goddess.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2009, 02:51:22 am »

Hmm... I didn't expect to gain bronzed lungs in addition to my hand. Especially not on a 4. Oh well... at least Ahephi is amusing. Anyway, you said we could pick any weapon we wanted, yes? In that case, I'll take a nice halberd. Then go meet with the goddess.
Yeah I fudged that a bit. 4 is supposed to be a success but not perfect. And I basically decided that you'd need magical help to meld bronze into your hand, so called upon my trusty divine list, and when I saw it was a mummy god with connection to the lungs, I just had to. :) technically there's nothing bad about it(unless you plan to go pearl diving in the desert or some sillyness), so I figured it was pretty balanced for a 4.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2009, 03:33:02 am »

technically there's nothing bad about it(unless you plan to go pearl diving in the desert or some sillyness), so I figured it was pretty balanced for a 4.
-1 to any breathing constitution checks
I guess it comes down to what those checks entail. If it's just silly stuff like desert diving, then I guess it's fine(There goes my dream of being the world's Ultimate Desert Pearl Diver) but if it's stuff like running out of breath after physical exertion, that could be a problem.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2009, 03:59:36 am »

I'll head to the armory and look for some sort of exotic sword...or a Khopesh if nothing exotic turns up.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2009, 07:10:05 am »

technically there's nothing bad about it(unless you plan to go pearl diving in the desert or some sillyness), so I figured it was pretty balanced for a 4.
-1 to any breathing constitution checks
I guess it comes down to what those checks entail. If it's just silly stuff like desert diving, then I guess it's fine(There goes my dream of being the world's Ultimate Desert Pearl Diver) but if it's stuff like running out of breath after physical exertion, that could be a problem.

Haika's RPG rule #4: Don't give the GM ideas. >.>

but yeah, since it was a 4 roll, don't expect to be rolling against it that often. For that matter it's only half your lungs, so over time your normal lung might compensate and remove the -1 completely.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2009, 08:25:39 am »

Well, since I'm not really sure what to do, I help anyone who looks like they need it.

Edit: Awesome weapon by the way!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:32:55 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2009, 02:24:31 pm »

Well, she can't say she didn't bring this on herself, but she has my pity.

Anyone who meets Sekhmet, try not to be unarmed-she is the Goddess of War, hence she could only ever really respect someone ready to kill at a moments notice.

Edit:Oh and for the God's sake, someone look for a bow.

Actions
Thank Melsina for her help, then search for a spear, one suitable for stabbing, not throwing. Also look for a round shield if that is possible.

Assuming I find one, go meet this Goddess Sekhmet and see what she wants, showing the proper respect of course.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:30:58 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2009, 04:54:58 pm »

GET A HOOK HAND.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2009, 08:46:12 pm »

Turn 6, Not a whole lot of good rolls to start, but some of you dodged the after effects of really bad rolls, so it balances out.

Actions:

Neberhar is the first to venture into the pile of weaponry around the group. Sorting through several large pole base weapons, a singularly strong looking haft catches his eye. Pulling it out, the spiked metal tip seems to shine unusually in the torchlight. A closer inspection shows the metal to be very like normal iron, but still unlike. The strange sheen seems to ignore the fact that the metal looks a little corroded and very rough. Either way, he takes the weapon for his own, and looks rather pleased with himself.

Gates glances at his stump, and ponders the idea of a hook hand. However, he seems too depressed to search very well, and fails to find anything remotely similar.

Darwishi and Paneb both have the same idea, walking through the scattered weapons in their eagerness to find something useful. With the items leaning and laying about, it makes for very dangerous terrain. Paneb trips first, his metal leg catching on a wide axe blade, toppling the man down into the pile of sharp weaponry. Darwishi follows soon after, getting tangled up in a metal chain bola type weapon.

Both men twist quickly and manage to stay their fall, Darwishi is overcome by a sense of acrobatic skill, flipping backwards to land on his feet near an open patch of floor. Paneb's flip is even more impressive with no depth perception and a heavy metal leg. Using the leg as a cleaning tool, he kicks several weapons out of the way, so he can land safely. The kicked weapons fly at Darwishi nearby, but bounce off harmlessly against the other man's deflecting arm.

Melsina tries to assist Darwishi in finding something, but even with her help the man seems at a loss in choosing. There is a great many items to choose from, and it's a hard decision.

Dragnar similarly sets his mind to assisting Paneb, but his search proves much more fruitful. Finding a wickedly curved dagger with circular hilt plated with gold, he hands the claw-like weapon to Paneb, and feels the glow of Thoth's blessing fade from him completely.

The group decides to wait until the others in the party have weaponry before meeting the goddess, as Melsina agrees with Darwishi's suggestion. Some of you with weapons notice shields and assorted armor pieces on the statues, that the bronze woman also allows you choose if you wish, but the group as a whole shouldn't keep her divine waiting.

----
-Free item: Pot of powerful healing ointment. many assorted weapons and armors.
-Gates
-Darwishi
-Neberhar
-Paneb
-Dragnar

Locations(currently known):
-The City of Memphis
-The Great River
-strange statue room(Temple of Sekhmet)
Old locations:

NPCS:
- Melsina the statue
- Sekhmet Acolytes

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Mystical Osiris RTD, Sixth Turn: Ooh Shiny Killing Things
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2009, 10:24:21 pm »

Time to go meet a god!
Get a suit of armor. Preferably light.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 12:18:42 am by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Mystical Osiris RTD, Sixth Turn: Ooh Shiny Killing Things
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2009, 10:27:19 pm »

Follow the others to meet Sekhmet
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6