Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Mystical Osiris RTD, Seventh Turn: Dance, Dance Sandstorm Revolution  (Read 9084 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystical Osiris RTD, Sitck a Needle in Your Eye...
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 08:56:44 pm »

I will meditate on the teachings of Thoth, attempting to gain some small magic

I can't really remember how magic worked in Egyptian myths, other than healing(wrong god for that) what else was it used for?

Also, I try to stop a fight, and end up with skill in causing riots... Strange, but that could come in handy, few things make better cover than a good riot.

I thought it all worked out rather nicely. As to magic, I'm not sure, my version of magic in the game will probably be much more powerful and common(for the players at least). Usually with the living divine or the immortal creators helping out.

Thunder may want to read the turn before this last as well, kind of funny how I foreshadowed the 'trouble' for this turn.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 09:00:38 pm »

I thought it all worked out rather nicely.
Yes, it was a reasonable result for the rolls we got, I just meant it's funny how badly a 1 or 6 can twist your intentions around.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2009, 10:02:20 pm »

If we're able to cause this much crazy trouble on turn 3 then I can't wait to see what we can do in a few more turns.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2009, 10:18:16 pm »

Scramble back up onto land.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 04:25:28 am »

It could have worked.

Patch up hand, then find some healer of some sort.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2009, 08:35:49 am »

Ok then, working on the rolls now. much more middle of the road rolls this time, for better or worse. There was however one critical fail. Luckily no one died.

Working on the story now. I believe someone said they wanted some magic. ;) Maybe not the way you expected, but should be interesting enough.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2009, 10:17:41 am »

Turn 4

Actions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neberhar decides that hanging around here, is a very bad idea. Hoping the railing holds, he begins to rock back and forth, building up momentum. The wooden setting above him creaks and shifts a bit, but it holds.

After getting enough angle in the swing, he lets go at the apex, flipping gracefully in the air by hugging his knees to his chest before landing in a standing position, safely on the stone platform.

Back at the Golden Scarab, Gates sways slightly, and gives in to the pain, slumping into unconsciousness against the door frame. He doesn't seem to be dead, at least not yet.

Dragnar chooses to look inside for help. Sitting cross-legged in the middle of the street, he closes his eyes and seems to meditate.

Meanwhile, Paneb looks desperately for some help, gritting his teeth and staying awake, he waves weakly to his companions. Unfortunately, Neberhar is too far away, both Gates and Dragnar have closed their eyes, and Paneb can't see Darwishi from his angle.

Darwishi however can see him, Making a mad dash for the street, he shouts a quick condolence to the statue and says he will return. Rapid blinking follows.

Out in the street, Darwishi slides Paneb's arm over his shoulders and carry-walks him in the direction of the nearest temple. If only he knew where that is. Cursing his luck, he slows and stops in the middle of the city, a couple blocks from the Scarab.

~
Oblivious to all this. Dragnar envisions himself sinking inward. The spark that is his life force floats in total darkness. His goal the divine Thoth seems to elude him for the time being. As he floats he feels a nagging pressure in the back of his mind, turning his spark and trying to make it focus on the direction, blasts him out of the darkness into a room. Still a small spark of a soul, the room he finds himself in is barren, with a single bald man sitting on a pillow in the center. Holding a papyrus roll the man looks to be a priest of some kind, but no significant symbols can be seen.

"Ahh, I see you wish more help from my cousin Thoth." The man says in a quiet, kind voice. "He must have sent you here to me since you had already asked him for help recently." The priest inclines his head briefly, and Dragnar finds himself sitting in his body inside the room, on a pillow before the other man. "I am Imhotep, the architect. I welcome you to a representation of my home."

Continuing before you can speak in response Imhotep opens his Papyrus roll, "Your body seems a simple enough construction, However we do not have much time before Mother hears the call of one of her faithful."

Leaning forward, a he pours some water into the bowl of sand before him. Neither the clay pitcher, nor the stone bowl were noticeable before. Placing the pitcher aside, he begins to write in the moistened sand with his fingers. The symbolic writing tells the story of an injured man being induced to sleep and rest while healers do what they can to ease his suffering or pain. Finishing his writing, Dragnar realizes that he now can call upon this power once per day, to put a suffering person to restful sleep.

The bald man then nods, and Dragnar's existence in the strange room shatters.

Opening his eyes the warmth of Thoth's blessing in Dragnar lessens once more, leaving only a bare glimmer in the man's eyes. However, upon his left arm is a hieroglyphic image of a pitcher and a bowl. For some reason he knows placing his hand against someone in pain and touching that tattoo with the other hand will magically put that person to sleep.

~
Hearing Paneb groan in pain and shift against him desperately, Darwishi mutters in frustration. Before any more running about the city can be taken however, a voice that sounds like the rubbing of metal plates echoes in his head. "You... Apologized to me. No one has ever done that before, most just ignore me." Stunned by the voice, He stops and almost drops his hold on Paneb. Looking ahead the Metal woman is suddenly standing, again completely still in the middle of the road before him.

Her metallic voice echoes again, this time in the head of every party member. "I will help you." The voice rumbles in their minds, and seems to grow in volume, until a sudden flash of red sparks melts the world around you. The feeling is akin to being moved at high speed. Half of you stops suddenly, while the other half keeps going, stretching everything in between, until it snaps into place at the new location.

When the group recovers, all five of you find yourself in a torch lit metal room. Statues of all sorts scatter in the room, all of polished metal. Weapons of various types lay scattered about at their feet, and in the middle of your collected group stands the statue-woman from the Scarab, as motionless as ever.

About half of them weather the shift easily. The Statue being the cause of it all seems perfectly fine with traveling this way. Darwishi seems a little shaken up, but otherwise whole. It's hard to tell if Gates even noticed he was moved, his limp form falls amid the scattered weaponry unharmed(other than previous injuries of course). Dragnar also seems completely unscathed, his recent forays into dealing with the divine must have strengthened his reaction to fanatical happenings.

Unfortunately for the other two in the group, things do not go so smoothly.

Paneb is rocked by the pain in his head, increasing his bleeding. He staggers heavily, and almost blacks out, but continuing his willpower streak, he barely holds on.

Getting what bearing he can, he glances down at an odd feeling to his right leg. To his horror, a large sword was leaning against the nearest statue when he teleported in, and the hilt of the blade, stuck out where he materialized. The sword was broken cleanly from the guard, and the bit of metal sticking out of his leg seems to melt and flow into the flesh. Making a face at the annoyance of this much lesser pain, Paneb notices a couple other blades on the floor that were also broken off and absorbed. After a few moments the pain stops, and Paneb now finds himself in the possession of a zinc leg.

Also being effected by this strange magical travel and absorption, Neberhar flexes his fingers and watches in fascination as a small metal dagger absorbs into his hand. Feeling no pain at this, he has no idea why Paneb is making such faces, and just assumes it's due to the gushing blood in the other man's face. After the absorption is done, Neberhar finds himself in the possession of a Tin hand.

Fortunately, whatever minerals and materials that are in the hand and leg seem to blend and strengthen upon absorption. Both metal body parts are immune to slashing, and piercing. Taking only superficial blunt damage(dents), and give a bonus to damage when used in physical combat. The leg however has no joint in it, unlike the hand, and will cause Paneb to limp slightly giving him a -1 to movement.

When the effects of the transfer finally stop. The group looks around, but cannot seem to see past the many statues in the room. Torchlight jumps around the room in unsteady patterns as it reflects off the metal statues and weapons. What you can see of roof is covered with hanging red silk. However, nothing else of the room is visible or noticed, you must all still be in shock from the move.

----
-Gates
-Darwishi
-Neberhar
-Paneb
-Dragnar

Locations(currently known):
-The City of Memphis
-The Great River
-strange statue room
Old locations:

NPCS:
- Statue

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystical Osiris RTD, Fourth Turn: Heavy Metal
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2009, 10:28:37 am »

Have a pleasant dream...

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2009, 10:36:56 am »

Have a pleasant dream...

That's your action? Not even going to try and wake up for the fun? XD

*plots what will happen if you roll a 6*

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2009, 11:30:24 am »

Who the hell makes a dagger out of tin?!?

Attempt to absorb copper into my hand as well(Alloys to Bronze).
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2009, 12:47:25 pm »

It's clear any local temple would be clearly marked by the its architecture! I wander around, looking for it and asking the locals where one might be!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2009, 01:20:24 pm »

Who the hell makes a dagger out of tin?!?

Attempt to absorb copper into my hand as well(Alloys to Bronze).

lol, or a sword out of zinc? I suppose just like the sword, it was ornamentation for the hilt. I used the DF metal chart, and just rolled a d24, counted down from the top, and that's what you two got.

It's clear any local temple would be clearly marked by the its architecture! I wander around, looking for it and asking the locals where one might be!

Might want to read the last couple of paragraphs over(important stuff happens!). And your status. Not really in town anymore(at least not that you know of, or are familiar with). Feel free to change your action.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2009, 01:35:46 pm »

Would have been funny if you'd rolled Adamantine...Not sure how that would have worked.

Sit down and concentrate all my strength on remaining concious

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2009, 01:45:00 pm »

I will search the room for the strongest sword I can find.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2009, 06:53:44 am »

Have a pleasant dream...

I amend my action by waking up at the end of the turn.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6