Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 12 - Game Over!  (Read 56777 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 12 - Game Over!
« Reply #705 on: December 29, 2009, 02:24:49 pm »

Bullshit.  If you play to lose you're spoiling everybody else's fun... This is a team game... don't fuck up your team's chances on purpose... If you enjoy doing that... play somewhere else where people enjoy being fucked up by their own team mates...

Oh go stuff it. It's a casual game, don't try to make it out to be some hardcore sport. If you don't like the way we play, go play with other people who are equally pigheaded and caught up in their own ego. Web comes to mind.

XD

OK then.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 29, 2009, 04:14:29 pm »

...Dak. I don't really care what you think. You are being as understanding as a beetroot. If I want to claim, I'll claim. If I want to help the larger majority win, I will. So shut the hell up with the bullshit, and let me play how I want to.

You fucked ME over. Is a little effort from my teammate too much to have asked for?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 29, 2009, 09:43:13 pm »

A small meh to the fuss about the entire town.  They tried.  They DID try as a whole.  We had a wide mix of scum to deal with.  Along with that, when I'm scum I try to make sure the town isn't scumhunting (thus why I didn't distract the town during the Neruz/forsaken debate and one of the advantages of the web/dakarian debate, even though I'd rather that NOT had happened).  It's not a failure of Bay 12 that the town lost.. that's just the difficulty of being town.  Ok, yes, we (as in ALL of us, yes I include me, Web, and you Alex) need a TON of work on our daygame as town.  However, there's no shame in your skill level. 

So everyone did fine with what they had.

Btw, Web was a VERY BIG KEY FACTOR in our win.  Web planted the seed for making Leafsnail suspicious and was the main lead via medium in Frelock's death.  Even if I died, it would've condemned Leaf or Frelock, which was what we needed to win the game.  It was a very nasty trap that would've only been avoided by marking the mediums town, ignoring Web, and listening to forsaken (Still say the Day 1 argument was Meh but the end-of-day-1 slip should've been more than enough).

My only issue is against ExKirby who I will try to keep short and sweet.

If you were a lone SK then fine.. you can play however you like.  However you were NOT alone. Pandarsenic depended on you to help him win.  You don't care that you RUINED Pandarsenic's chance to win because you wanted to help your enemy? 

Seriously, you are perfectly fine that you actively ruined a player's game purposely.. someone who needed you to try so that they can win?

Just coming out of a game where I needed EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY SCUMTEAM in order to win that scares me.. seriously.  A player that is willing, WILLING to ruin my own fun just to 'do his thing' bothers me to the core. 

(and don't cry out "you're forcing me how to play".  Redwarrior lurked most of the game..neruz started crazy fights and made odd statements.. I self sacrificed myself, and toonyman was..well.. Toony.  We all played to our own style and rocked for it)

Forsaken, you say you side with ExKirby but seriously.. look at it from pandar's perspective.  Would you like someone on your own team to ruin your chance of winning like that?  Would you want, say, JanusTwoface(the town Agent) to lie and say that he checked you and found you a Dopp because he wanted the Scum to win?  Would you be fine with losing like that?  That's essentually what happened with Pandarsenic just now.  Ignore the other 'OMG the players stink" comments..what I wrote above is ALL I'm saying.

Lastly, would a thread about game strategy help here?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 29, 2009, 10:12:59 pm »

Won't it all be invalid as soon as it's posted, because it's posted? ;) That's what I want you to think!
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #709 on: December 29, 2009, 10:21:54 pm »

Sounds useful.  If anyone will actually listen to it.  Perhaps with links to the mafiascum wiki... They seem to know more or less what's going on with forum mafia... :P
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #710 on: December 30, 2009, 07:29:04 am »

Bullshit.  If you play to lose you're spoiling everybody else's fun... This is a team game... don't fuck up your team's chances on purpose... If you enjoy doing that... play somewhere else where people enjoy being fucked up by their own team mates...

Oh go stuff it. It's a casual game, don't try to make it out to be some hardcore sport. If you don't like the way we play, go play with other people who are equally pigheaded and caught up in their own ego. Web comes to mind.
Rule 1:  Play to win.  That will ensure that everyone will have fun because we'll experience the "challenge" of the game. 

If you were a basket player you wouldn't like to find a teammate scoring in your own net because "it's just for fun", "not hardcore"...

If you guys want to play without a minimum interest in winning (and wont try your best) then you shouldn't be playing team games. 

by the way... Don't tell us to go play somewhere else... We were among the big motivators of mafia games on b12.  We know we have our own style... But that still means trying to WIN.

Sounds useful.  If anyone will actually listen to it.  Perhaps with links to the mafiascum wiki... They seem to know more or less what's going on with forum mafia... :P
Well... I <3 mafiascum but I haven't played a game there for a couple of months.  I can provide links of what you want but there will be always a lot of views of different subjects... The important thing is the commitment of the players to the game...

Make it competitive and active... Make it fun...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #711 on: December 30, 2009, 12:58:04 pm »

...Dak. I don't really care what you think. You are being as understanding as a beetroot. If I want to claim, I'll claim. If I want to help the larger majority win, I will. So shut the hell up with the bullshit, and let me play how I want to.

You fucked ME over. Is a little effort from my teammate too much to have asked for?
Actually, you fucked yourself up. You were the one claiming deadman's bomb, that's what got you killed.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 30, 2009, 05:32:02 pm »

Because it was a reasonable gamble I felt like trying that threw everything into chaos that would have let you slip by undetected if you hadn't claimed, mostly.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 30, 2009, 05:54:02 pm »

Please, Panda. We're dealing with me here. We all know I'm a rubbish player, town or scum. If you had told me that gameplan at the time, I may have kept my cover. But you didn't. All I got was "I'm gonna claim bomb" and then... you got yourself killed. Big help.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 30, 2009, 06:03:45 pm »

Please, Panda. We're dealing with me here. We all know I'm a rubbish player, town or scum. If you had told me that gameplan at the time, I may have kept my cover. But you didn't. All I got was "I'm gonna claim bomb" and then... you got yourself killed. Big help.

We all know you're a rubbish player, town or scum, who plays against the spirit of the game and refuses to go join a Beginner's Mafia to polish up his skills--because he is too proud?  Because he has some sort of dignity he has to protect from criticism?  Because his ego won't allow him to follow the advice of others?

I don't know why you're doing this, but you really need to iron out your play.  You're one of the few people that I'm really worried about ending up on a scumteam with--and that's not because of your skill.  It's because of your attitude.  I could play with someone else and guide them along in the scumchat, teaching them the theory of the game as we go forward.  You, on the other hand, might very well entirely ignore my advice... and, if I died, I can easily see you giving up the game.

Well, I don't know where I was going with that, but please...

Get thee to a BM and an attitudinal change.  I would love to teach you this game, but we're going to keep having scads of problems until you decide that you can listen to others' advice.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 30, 2009, 06:21:44 pm »

For one I was never required to join a BM. I look away, one starts, and by the time I'm back online, it's full. And besides, when he claimed, I got the impression that he gave up. So just shut the hell up and go ruin someone else's day.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 30, 2009, 08:30:42 pm »

Well, consider it required if you want to join anything I'm hosting.

You have a problem with your attitude towards this game, and it needs to be fixed.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 30, 2009, 10:00:15 pm »

In the end of day 2, I told my scumteam that I plan to let myself become lynched.  I not only accepted it, but also let down my guard to make it easier (the Vig claim.. that IS a 'scummy' claim) and planned on what to do afterwards.

So in essence, I gave myself up. 

Pandar might've burned you a bit by not pre-explaining what he planned to do, but that's still NO reason to ruin his game and just give up. 

It has NOTHING to do with your skill level.  We have a good batch of players that play with less skill than I KNOW that you have. 

It's NOT your skill.  it has NOTHING to do with whether you are a 'rubbish player'.  If you messed up and was lynched for it then Meh that's the game.  Neruz threw a game-breaking scumtell at the end of Day 1 and should've been lynched for it (why wasn't he!?).  That's life.

Messing up and being found out as an Operative is just the game doing its thing.  You gave up, with NO ONE on you and with a not so bad chance of actually winning the game.  That's not 'rubbish play'.  That's actively ruining things alltogether.

So let's be blunt.  Let's call Bullshit on your talk about Beginner's mafia (which typically has a 2-3 week sign up due to the signup starting up before the last game ends).  I'm starting another Beginner's very soon.  You are the first on the list. 

Alright?
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 30, 2009, 10:31:03 pm »

Dak, I goddamn love you.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 30, 2009, 10:35:07 pm »

*blush* Please, not in public.
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49