Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 12 - Game Over!  (Read 56806 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 12 - Game Over!
« Reply #675 on: December 22, 2009, 07:40:33 am »

Well, webadict, you got 1/3.  Which is about what you'd expect from random chance.  You actually had me higher on your lynch list.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 22, 2009, 10:53:09 am »

To be fair, Dakarian was obv it was painful to watch you lynch Webadict. -.-
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 22, 2009, 12:26:30 pm »

Well, webadict, you got 1/3.  Which is about what you'd expect from random chance.  You actually had me higher on your lynch list.
No, I wanted dakarian dead. Your protecting him was stupid. I really don't know how you thought he was town. It simply astounds me. And it was about 2/4. The reason you still made it on there was because you acted like a fool. I figured you were more intelligent, but noooooooo. You threw that verdict out. I'll remember that you need me to talk in little words for you to completely understand what it is I'm saying.

To be fair, Dakarian was obv it was painful to watch you lynch Webadict. -.-
^This. I can't believe it. It was truly a town that literally did what he wanted. You all thought he was town? REALLY? A NON-ACTING VIGILANTE?!?! DUH... I think my brain broked.

No, people need to work on the whole not lynching me thing.
Maybe you should stop being a drama queen and voting for yourself.
I was under the impression people would REALIZE I'M TOWN AND DO THINGS WHEN I WAS DEAD! You're a moron. Congratulations on Neruz. I'm glad that worked out for you. I'm glad everyone listened to you. (Same boat, pal.)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 22, 2009, 12:48:05 pm »

It was painful TO lynch Web.  I knew I would've done it town or scum so I had to go through with it, but I knew it would kill me for it. 

The thing was, Leafsnail was setup to fall right beside me, Neruz was smokescreened with the whole Neruz/Forsaken issue no one wanted to touch, everyone forgot RedWarrior, and Toony was riding on 'new sub' avoidance (speaking of during Day 2) and all we needed was ONE townie to die in order to win. 

Thus the trick.  I WANTED you guys to lynch me then follow up on Leafsnail or Frelock.  Of course, if the town was too weak to lynch me, I would abuse it, as I had, but honestly, I was fully set to be killed for getting web lynched.

And web, you were screaming to be lynched D2.  You left yourself so wide open I would be obvscum NOT to jump on it.  Why in the world did you attack me so hard when you didn't see me as scum?  Why the mess in Day 1?  You gambled HARD there and got burned for it.  If I was quicklynched on Day 3, rather than the MC happening, it would've meant 2 scum marked as Town, 1 scum sitting on 'unsure' and two townies ready to be lynched the following night.

Btw, people kept forgetting Toony because you were demanding they kill me, leaf, and Frelock.  It tunnelled the town so badly that Vector's damning statement was completely forgotten.  Town leading means you better be 150% correct because the scumhunting will STOP.

Fakeedit:  You had leafsnail marked for dead early Day 3, and Toony for town after the MC.  Seriously, if I was lynched right after the MCing, would you have really forgotten about Leafsnail or Frelock?  All we needed was one more mislynch to win, whether I died or not.  Me not dying was just icing. 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #679 on: December 22, 2009, 01:01:11 pm »

Whatever web, if you don't want people to lynch you then change your behavior. We really had no choice with you acting that way.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 22, 2009, 01:18:18 pm »

No, I wanted dakarian dead. Your protecting him was stupid. I really don't know how you thought he was town. It simply astounds me. And it was about 2/4. The reason you still made it on there was because you acted like a fool. I figured you were more intelligent, but noooooooo. You threw that verdict out. I'll remember that you need me to talk in little words for you to completely understand what it is I'm saying.
Well, to be honest, it's difficult to do anything when a confirmed townie is pointlessly calling for your blood.  AFD tried to push a lynch on several people, and I saw this as trying to secure a final mislynch...

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 22, 2009, 09:46:48 pm »

@Forsaken

The hard part about big arguments is that the players don't notice them.  They are great while you are trying to decide whether your target is scum or not, but once you are done you'll need to pull back and come to the town fresh, knowing they didn't listen to you.
"TL;DR"=mafia win. No hope for the hopeless.

Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 22, 2009, 10:12:46 pm »

WIFOM is the most powerful weapon the mafia has.

Apathy is their doomsday device.  It makes for a sure fire mafia win but the game turns into a shambles if its used.

Myself I try not to win with Apathy, but if it's there I'm going to abuse it.
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 22, 2009, 10:56:11 pm »

@Forsaken

The hard part about big arguments is that the players don't notice them.  They are great while you are trying to decide whether your target is scum or not, but once you are done you'll need to pull back and come to the town fresh, knowing they didn't listen to you.
"TL;DR"=mafia win. No hope for the hopeless.

If they eat shit because they didn't read a damn thing, why should I suffer for it? >:[
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 23, 2009, 02:39:29 am »

The trick is to Market.  It's not enough to FIND scum.  When the time is right, you also need to convince enough people (not everyone, just enough) to proceed to lynch.

In truth, that's the basis of my @everyone post.  It's when I've stopped talking to the other person and started talking to the players.  I fully expect that the @everyone will be the first post they have bothered to read.  From there I calm down on the WOT and focus on keeping my arguments clear and to the point.  If players have questions (even the same questions answered 1 post behind) I answer.  If people disagree I'll debate with them.  If people ignore I'll bully.  In the end, I DEMAND an answer at that point.  Before then, I fully expect-and at times, WANT-people to ignore me. 

Town manipulation: it's not just for scum ;)
I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 27, 2009, 12:24:38 pm »

woot

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #686 on: December 28, 2009, 11:51:07 am »

I was telling the truth, see? I AM trustworthy!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 28, 2009, 05:53:15 pm »

I was telling the truth, see? I AM trustworthy!

Yup.  Sorry for throwing so much dirt on your character.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 28, 2009, 10:30:16 pm »

Actually, ExKirby, the truthfullness of your claim made everything WORSE, not better.  I would much rather you had lied and been a dopp or perhaps a War Vet (RISKY, but it would've lead to ToonyMan's death).

Why?  Because you basically destroyed your ability to win.

You were the Operative.  Your goal was to be the last one alive along with the Exterminator.  Since the Exterminator died, you were the one in charge of carrying your team's win to the end.  By claiming Operative, you eliminated ANY chance you had of winning.  Yes, because of it you survived Day 2.  However, what means NOTHING when the town believes that you MUST die for the town to win.  You would've had no way of surviving.

In my eyes, Vector shouldn't be sorry.  Vector was given a dog's crap hole of a position, with a sliver of hope thanks to Pandarsenic via medium.  He took it and ran with it and, using your reputation, gave him a second chance.  HIS reputation, along with Padar, along with figuring out WHY they would risk being lynched as scum was what caused the Bot to kill him, but they would've been able to pull it off easily had you not been 'honest'.

Looking back, I realize that your claim greatly helped the scum win.  If you didn't claim and somehow lived past Day 2, we probably wouldn't have killed you with that bot.  Without that kill, the game wouldn't have ended in Day 4, which we NEEDED to survive.  The town confirmed Toonyman as scum, I basically sacrificed myself, forsaken could just inch his way ahead of Neruz.  It would've been a fight between the Operative vs the final scum in 'who is least noticable'.  MAYBE scum would win.  MAYBE the operative.  MAYBE the town..but it would be a chance on any side rather than a blowout.

But no, you gave up winning in order to better your reputation.  Well, grats, instead of just being someone who has a bad choice of fakeclaim, you are known as the only person I would truely fear being scum with.

To pre-empt any "I thought I had no chance to win"  Nothing in the Operative role says that you NEEDED the Exterminator to live in order to win, and any attempt to ask the host would've told you that you could've won.  That alone would've been enough for you to decide to fakeclaim and try to slip out of that lynch.

I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #689 on: December 29, 2009, 04:27:39 am »

That rides on the fact that I'm actually a good enough player to make it, which we all know I'm, quite frankly, NOT. I didn't expect a crashed PC then, which probably threw the game off balance. I'm just gonna go back a few pages, and run through what probably WOULD happen, assuming my PC was OK at the time.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49