Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 12 - Game Over!  (Read 56835 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 12 - Game Over!
« Reply #645 on: December 21, 2009, 08:12:11 pm »

The argument over whether the Exterminator kill was scum or town was pure mafiatheory and meh.  I would've ignored it as town.  Also, it got the town too tired to scumhunt, leaving them to just go after org in the end.

After that, the web/dak issue took the air out of the scumhunt.

In truth, the game was set at the start of Day 3, whether I was lynched or not :D
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 21, 2009, 08:12:37 pm »

Bzap.

No-one listened to you forsaken because you escalated the argument we had in day 1 to the point where the rest of the town became disillusioned with us. Standard 'cry wolf' scenario.

I've done this every game Neruz, it's not an accident and it usually flushes someone out. Not my fault if the others couldn't look at your points in that argument and see the scum. I knew, but noone else would follow. We deserved to lose.

I would suggest not; i've found in general when two people get into a really big fight everyone else just ignores them.

That's why i kept escalating.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #647 on: December 21, 2009, 08:14:30 pm »

Bzap.

No-one listened to you forsaken because you escalated the argument we had in day 1 to the point where the rest of the town became disillusioned with us. Standard 'cry wolf' scenario.

I've done this every game Neruz, it's not an accident and it usually flushes someone out. Not my fault if the others couldn't look at your points in that argument and see the scum. I knew, but noone else would follow. We deserved to lose.

I would suggest not; i've found in general when two people get into a really big fight everyone else just ignores them.

Really? At some point I decided to just see how long you would go. It was all pretty amusing to me.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 21, 2009, 08:17:32 pm »

Bzap.

Really? At some point I decided to just see how long you would go. It was all pretty amusing to me.

That was an error on your part then; i wanted you to keep going, the longer the arguement ran, the less likely anyone was to pay attention to it, and more importantly, to pay attention to either of us when accusing the other.

By running that argument and surviving it, i made it pretty much impossible for the town to pay any attention to your accusations of me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 21, 2009, 08:18:05 pm »

Well anyway, great round Meph. As always we appreciate your hosting this. When's round 13?

And what do you have planned for unlucky number 13?  :D

Round 13 probably won't start up until the new year. However, I have an interesting idea for it.

I think I'm going to do a pseudo pick-your-own role. Everyone will PM me their top 5 Race/Role combinations and I'll do my best to put together a game where everyone gets something on their list.

I probably won't be able to get 100% satisfaction that way, since I may have to add in some Kooks or something to balance things out, but it should be interesting to try. And, in any case, it'll all get balanced out with my usual weighting system so we don't have to worry about it being unbalanced.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #650 on: December 21, 2009, 08:18:55 pm »

That was an error on your part then; i wanted you to keep going, the longer the arguement ran, the less likely anyone was to pay attention to it, and more importantly, to pay attention to either of us when accusing the other.

By running that argument and surviving it, i made it pretty much impossible for the town to pay any attention to your accusations of me.
Meh, half the townies weren't paying attention anyway.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #651 on: December 21, 2009, 08:19:59 pm »

Well anyway, great round Meph. As always we appreciate your hosting this. When's round 13?

And what do you have planned for unlucky number 13?  :D

Round 13 probably won't start up until the new year. However, I have an interesting idea for it.

I think I'm going to do a pseudo pick-your-own role. Everyone will PM me their top 5 Race/Role combinations and I'll do my best to put together a game where everyone gets something on their list.

I probably won't be able to get 100% satisfaction that way, since I may have to add in some Kooks or something to balance things out, but it should be interesting to try. And, in any case, it'll all get balanced out with my usual weighting system so we don't have to worry about it being unbalanced.

Sounds great Meph, please post here when you do start signups.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 21, 2009, 08:23:07 pm »

By the way, some game related things I'd suggest:

- People should use their real usernames on QuickTopic.  If it's intended to have mediums as anonymous, fixed temp accounts should be arranged.  Otherwise player impersonation becomes a real threat.
- Mad Scientist as dopp should probably be bumped up (down?) more.  I'd definately value it a lot over Agent or Detective.
- We probably need more townies.  Another game with no vanillas...
- Didn't come up this game, but I'd say Observant and Vengeful Guards are worth a bit more than their current weighting.

Also, webadict - why did you decide to get yourself lynched day 2?  It really wasn't helpful for anything.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #653 on: December 21, 2009, 08:28:02 pm »

- People should use their real usernames on QuickTopic.  If it's intended to have mediums as anonymous, fixed temp accounts should be arranged.  Otherwise player impersonation becomes a real threat.
Yeah I brought that up in the rules thread, and I agree.
- Mad Scientist as dopp should probably be bumped up (down?) more.  I'd definately value it a lot over Agent or Detective.
Agreed
- We probably need more townies.  Another game with no vanillas...
I like the role-heavy games personally. Even if the roles are minor.
- Didn't come up this game, but I'd say Observant and Vengeful Guards are worth a bit more than their current weighting.
Agreed.
Also, webadict - why did you decide to get yourself lynched day 2?  It really wasn't helpful for anything.
Yeah I'd like to know what that was about as well.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 21, 2009, 08:28:34 pm »

I did real good scum this game, yah.
Finally scum in a Paranormal game and win.  Watcher game doesn't count.

WE THE DOPPS WE THE DOPPS YEAH YEAH

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 21, 2009, 08:40:12 pm »

Also, turns out I get angry and frustrated when I feel cornered.  I'll try and avoid that in future.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 21, 2009, 08:40:36 pm »

@Forsaken

The hard part about big arguments is that the players don't notice them.  They are great while you are trying to decide whether your target is scum or not, but once you are done you'll need to pull back and come to the town fresh, knowing they didn't listen to you.  That the argument really didn't show scumminess since it was a theory battle made the whole thing worse: It made sure Neruz wouldn't have to bother with real scumhunting since he was focused on you. 

Which helped us a lot since Neruz was our ace-in-the hole. 

About the Web lynch

I HATED that one.  I wanted to go after someone else, but then web threw something that I knew town-dakarian would jump on and..well.. had to jump on it.  I knew that if I suceeded that it would put a ton of suspicion on me, but meh.. what can you do.  By Day 2's end I planned to die.

That's why my Day 3 looked scummy.. and why I chose Vig as my claim.  I wanted the town to focus on me and either fall to pieces or lynch me.  I felt that if I was lynched, Leafsnail would be next, which would be the 1 townie we needed to die.  It would also make sure everyone focused on me and not the others.

So you were half right..the dopps WERE covering for a high powered role with a sacrifice.  I, however, was the sacrifice.  Neruz was the role holder and RedWarrior was our back-up in case things went ugly. 

Sidenote: that made forsaken the one we were most concerned about.  I was obvscum, Toony was spotted during the MC, but Forsaken kept on about Neruz.  If Neruz was lynched first, the rest of us would fall falt, leaving it to RedWarrior to keep things alive.
I KNEW IT!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #657 on: December 21, 2009, 08:42:10 pm »

Like I said, if people listened to me it would have gone better. Neruz was way obvious in the way he kept the argument up.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 21, 2009, 08:43:43 pm »

Quote from: Leafsnail
So, Neruz, care to explain your self defensive and extremely odd last minute unvote?

And dakarian, is your kill magnet broken? /sarcasm.
Damnit... should've read into that more.  Town would have no reason to worry about a DMB.  Massive scumslip which I dropped.  Sorry, town.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 21, 2009, 08:48:21 pm »

That scared the #*%)(# out of me when I found out that Neruz unvoted Org out of 'fear of a DMB'. 
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49