Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 49

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 12 - Game Over!  (Read 56944 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafa - Round 12 - Day 2 - 1 Replacement needed
« Reply #255 on: December 08, 2009, 12:31:36 am »

Hmm, the Janus kill stinks of WIFOM as I did believe he was scum. It looks like the scum are trying to disprove my earlier theory of Janus being scum. This makes me want to believe that Jim is scum.
Also Org could be correct about Neruz and Forsaken busing each other, we have to be wary of that. They are both experienced enough to be able to put on that show. If one of Neruz or Forsaken turn up mafia on death, then the other is not clear by any means. However in my opinion, I see them both as townies who are too caught up in their arguing to admit their errors in judgment and back down.

Frelock, what do you think of the situation between Neruz and forsaken?
Webadict, what do you think the night kills mean?
ExKirby, do you have any opinions on who might be scum?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 08, 2009, 12:38:56 am »

Hmm, the Janus kill stinks of WIFOM as I did believe he was scum. It looks like the scum are trying to disprove my earlier theory of Janus being scum. This makes me want to believe that Jim is scum.
Also Org could be correct about Neruz and Forsaken busing each other, we have to be wary of that. They are both experienced enough to be able to put on that show. If one of Neruz or Forsaken turn up mafia on death, then the other is not clear by any means. However in my opinion, I see them both as townies who are too caught up in their arguing to admit their errors in judgment and back down.

Frelock, what do you think of the situation between Neruz and forsaken?
Webadict, what do you think the night kills mean?
ExKirby, do you have any opinions on who might be scum?

Who the heck cares about who was killed? You could make up almost any reason in the book for why anyone killed anyone. Like, say, you killed him because he wasn't suspecting you very much.

The Nightkill means nothing. What the person said? That means something. Because everything he has to say is known to be said by a town person.

So, why does the kill automatically mean the scum killed him for a reason, A_Fey_Dwarf? Unless, of course, the scum already had thought that through and was planning on using the kill against someone in the first place, and so was coming up with reasons after the kill was chosen. Eh?

Also as a side note, I'd like to know who it was, if you wouldn't mind.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 08, 2009, 01:00:54 am »

Why would the scum randomly choose who to kill when there is a whole pile of WIFOM to stir up? Of course the dopps killed Janus for a reason, why would they not? It is in the towns interest to analyse the night kill and this analysis along with what people say should be what controls the lynch.
As for the side note, you would like to know who did what? Doesn't make sense...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 08, 2009, 01:05:44 am »

Why would the scum randomly choose who to kill when there is a whole pile of WIFOM to stir up? Of course the dopps killed Janus for a reason, why would they not? It is in the towns interest to analyse the night kill and this analysis along with what people say should be what controls the lynch.
As for the side note, you would like to know who did what? Doesn't make sense...
Wouldn't the possibility of WIFOM therefore conclude that, perhaps, whatever conclusion you come to is what the scum wanted you to come to and therefore is basically like playing a guessing game. Perhaps you'll need more than one explanation, such as perhaps they ARE trying to frame someone with the exact choice of kill that was chosen.

Ever thought about that one?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2009, 05:39:32 am »

I'll tell you AFD; i'm willing to admit my error in judgement. Org played me, hard, i completely fell for his act, and now that i think about it the vast majority of my case against forsaken was made during those last few yards where, it has been shown, my judgement was poor.

Re-reading that argument, i think forsaken waay overdid his own defense, but i think his rather silly reasoning at the start of today can be attributed to nothing more than overzealousness. I could be mistaken, so i'm definitely keeping the good Finger on him, but a recap shows that my case wasn't as strong as it seemed at the time.

I'm going to need to go back over the thread, i tunneled too much on forsaken and i think i might have missed some important stuff. But as it's getting late i shall do that tomorrow, when my judgement isn't impaired by tiredness.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2009, 10:51:50 am »

So, Neruz, care to explain your self defensive and extremely odd last minute unvote?

And dakarian, is your kill magnet broken? /sarcasm.

An apparantly incorrect hunch. As those last votes went down i suddenly had a really horrible feeling about the whole thing, like we were playing right into Org's hands. I did the math and worked out that even with an Enchanter Org would still be lynched, and in a moment of weakness i gave in and bailed out.

Seriously; i was vibing hard, i guess i'm still not quite used to Org's playstyle, but i was almost certain that something horrible was about to go down. As it turns out, i was mistaken.
Yeah, so... why did you unvote him?  Perhaps "Playing into his hands" would be a valid excuse in a game with unknown roles, but you know all the roles in this game.  The only role that does something nasty when lynched is going to be the Survivor, and he would almost certainly claim if he were getting lynched.  In addition, why were you so scared of being killed in the first place?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 08, 2009, 02:56:18 pm »

What the hell kind of reason is that to vote for me?

The scum, if you're not it, which I seriously doubt at this time, don't really care about your opinion or your accusations enough to base their kill off of it. That you would use this as a reason to vote me strikes me as something only scum would find reasonable.

A_Fey_Dwarf.

If it is, I'd rather not fix it. 

Jim you dodged my question by saying I didn't ask a question and got by due to the end of the day. 

It's a new day now.  Get to answering.

Your questions was why did I ask you about webadict's vote, correct?

I asked you because I wanted to know your opinion. Because I found you somewhat suspicious at the time. Then you decided follow webadict's directions without even asking any questions and voted for me. So now I'm even more suspicious.

Tell me, dakarian, don't you usually post giant walls of text analyzing posts to an incredible level of detail? Where did that go this game? Is being scum making you forget your usual town behavior?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafa - Round 12 - Day 2
« Reply #262 on: December 08, 2009, 03:02:15 pm »

The Whiteboard
A_Fey_Dwarf: Jim Groovester, webadict
Jim Groovester: A_Fey_Dwarf, dakarian
Neruz: Leafsnail, forsaken1111

Reminder: Day 2 ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 08, 2009, 03:12:52 pm »

I'm going to make a preemptive Day Extension request. Today and tomorrow are going to be incredibly busy for me, so I want some time on Thursday to actually play this game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 08, 2009, 03:16:47 pm »

Very well. I will need 3 more votes for a day extension for one to occur.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 08, 2009, 03:17:20 pm »

Yeh, might as well.

Day extension

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 08, 2009, 03:18:43 pm »

I will request a day extension too. Neruz's behaviour is bizarre to say the least, and I'd like to follow it up.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 08, 2009, 03:23:52 pm »

Day extension.  We might need some prods as well very soon.

Jim you dodged my question by saying I didn't ask a question and got by due to the end of the day. 

It's a new day now.  Get to answering.

Your questions was why did I ask you about webadict's vote, correct?

I asked you because I wanted to know your opinion. Because I found you somewhat suspicious at the time. Then you decided follow webadict's directions without even asking any questions and voted for me. So now I'm even more suspicious.

Tell me, dakarian, don't you usually post giant walls of text analyzing posts to an incredible level of detail? Where did that go this game? Is being scum making you forget your usual town behavior?
[/quote]

So you wanted me to comment on Webadict's accusation of you.  When you find out that I'm not attacking him, you mark me scum for it.  A buddy attempt that turns into a "If your not with me, you're against me" threat.  Very interesting.  You didn't sound very suspicious of me at the time.  You sounded as if you wanted my help. 

In fact, I notice that not only do you panic upon one question and a pressure vote, that you also seem content to just hunt after those who are targeting you.  The ONLY person you even mentioned beyond that is RedWarrior, and that was your RandomVote, and you didn't even bother to vote for him. 

So you're defensive, you aren't really scumhunting, just reacting.  You question dodged with a lie shown in your last post.   Now you're attempting to attack me with meta. 

Btw, you claim that I was suspicious before you asked that question.  If so mind explaining what that suspicion was?  Also explain why you didn't talk about it until just now after I started pressuring you?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 08, 2009, 03:34:33 pm »

Yeh, might as well.

Day extension
So Kashyyk, Why has the only thing you have posted today that post?

Redwarrior0 needs to get in here too, along with Frelock.

Why have you people not been posting?

Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 08, 2009, 03:37:16 pm »

Why?

Because I don't have any unanswered questions from day 1 (that I remember) and no new developments have happened today. Therefore I see no need to post.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 49