Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 12 - Game Over!  (Read 56856 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Paranormal Mafa - Round 12
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2009, 08:57:40 pm »

You're trying way too hard to lynch someone who did something good for the town.

No, I didn't know he was an exterminator. You don't know I'm scum, yet you're trying very hard to get me lynched despite. Nobody ever knows for sure what is happening in Mafia. It was a gamble, I took it, it turned out well.

You can no more blame me for taking the risk than you can blame the people arguing for lynching him day 1 despite the bomb claim.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2009, 09:00:52 pm »

This is the only question I saw for me looking through the thread, so I don't know what you meant by "questions":
Our discussion over day one will be very important with the scum hunting that is to be done. But if we can't meet a consensus, I suggest lynching one of those who is known to lurk and therefore will be the least useful to the town by not contributing to the scum hunt. RedWarrior0, do you agree?

I agree, but it should happen only if:
A. We fail to reach a consensus
B. This particular person is actually being the least useful to the town.

Now, rickvoid has not posted. Who would you least like to be scum and why?

PPE:
@Neruz: I believe the term is Refuge in Audacity
@forsaken: The difference is that if Pand had Deadman, two others would die

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2009, 09:05:05 pm »

You're trying way too hard to lynch someone who did something good for the town.

No, I didn't know he was an exterminator. You don't know I'm scum, yet you're trying very hard to get me lynched despite. Nobody ever knows for sure what is happening in Mafia. It was a gamble, I took it, it turned out well.

You can no more blame me for taking the risk than you can blame the people arguing for lynching him day 1 despite the bomb claim.

The difference is, the people arguing for lynching him were still discussing; we were still having the discussion, talking, it's this thing people do to work out what they're going to do next.

You just leapt in and did something incredibly dangerous that could have resulted in a really bad situation for the town and acted without regard for the consequences. That sort of careless tomfoolery is dangerous and very bad for the town, furthermore what you did was statistically a better idea for the dopps than it was for the town.

The ends do not justify the means, especially when the ends aren't even certain.

I am trying very hard to get you lynched yes, because i think you are scum. Were i a mad scientist with an assassin bot i would not shoot you yet however, because i would like to gain more evidence, get more reactions and get more information to analyze before i committed myself irreparably to that course of action.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2009, 09:28:34 pm »

Ah, well...

Sorry I don't play the same way as you. That isn't proof that I am scum though, just that I am more willing to take risks in a forum game.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2009, 11:00:07 pm »

FUCK YOU ALL
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2009, 11:02:50 pm »

Someone is bitter that their bluff was called.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2009, 11:15:45 pm »

Yes, but that was not their reason for going after Org. Org was in fact trying to scum hunt, he was asking questions just like everybody else. And then Jim got rid of his random vote in favor of voting Org for a 'scummy' scum hunting question. Jim then asked Org a ridiculous question that he could not answer. Org's response? A joke, a simple meme.

This is what got me suspicious of Jim, his further reaction and JTF's joining in, convinced me they were scum.

So you were after Jim for scumhunting Org for scumhunting during RVS.

Also now you say it was a joke to a bad question?  I thought you said it was a question dodge?  You even agreed that Jim should feel bothered by that.  Changing your argument already?

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2009, 12:04:40 am »

Alright, first off, there's no connection between me and Forsaken which people seem to (have been) implying.  I was thinking out loud, trying to find a solution for the Pandar problem when I suggested the assassin bot.  Immediately after, Panda was killed by the assassin bot.  I clarify that I was not the mad scientist who did it, which I assumed I looked like seeing my comment right before. I make the case that the assassin bot was a pro-town action.

I thought that using an assassin bot would be safe, so it's reasonable for me to think forsaken would have as well.  And Neruz, even though forsaken didn't know Panda was the exterminator, he was either killing off a survivor or scum, both of which can be anti-town.  In addition, scum would probably be better off saving the assassin bot and using it at lylo.  I think it unlikely that he could have talked to Meph for clarification on what the assassin bot does, and then submitted an action within that timeframe.

So, for now, I'm going to lean more towards town for forsaken; doesn't mean I'm sticking with him no matter what, but he definitely did a pro-town thing right there.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2009, 01:41:20 am »

Everyone. Seriously. Lynch Jim Groovester. He's scum.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2009, 01:48:57 am »

You have to give us more than that to go on.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2009, 01:56:55 am »

Alright, first off, there's no connection between me and Forsaken which people seem to (have been) implying.  I was thinking out loud, trying to find a solution for the Pandar problem when I suggested the assassin bot.  Immediately after, Panda was killed by the assassin bot.  I clarify that I was not the mad scientist who did it, which I assumed I looked like seeing my comment right before. I make the case that the assassin bot was a pro-town action.

I thought that using an assassin bot would be safe, so it's reasonable for me to think forsaken would have as well.  And Neruz, even though forsaken didn't know Panda was the exterminator, he was either killing off a survivor or scum, both of which can be anti-town.  In addition, scum would probably be better off saving the assassin bot and using it at lylo.  I think it unlikely that he could have talked to Meph for clarification on what the assassin bot does, and then submitted an action within that timeframe.

So, for now, I'm going to lean more towards town for forsaken; doesn't mean I'm sticking with him no matter what, but he definitely did a pro-town thing right there.

Seriously, did you not even read my post?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2009, 02:50:39 am »

I'm assuming you meant your most recent post, and yes, I did.  If you want a specific response to that one, here it is.

The difference is, the people arguing for lynching him were still discussing; we were still having the discussion, talking, it's this thing people do to work out what they're going to do next.
What, did you want him to come out and say "hey guys, I'm a mad scientist with an assassin bot.  Should I kill him?"  There was really no way we could have know that there was a mad scientist who had just happened to choose an assassin bot.  So discussion on that point was unlikely to happen, meaning it was up to him whether to attack or not.

You just leapt in and did something incredibly dangerous that could have resulted in a really bad situation for the town and acted without regard for the consequences. That sort of careless tomfoolery is dangerous and very bad for the town, furthermore what you did was statistically a better idea for the dopps than it was for the town.

He did a completely logical action based on a fallous assumption that a deadman bomb wouldn't be triggered by the assassin bot(and if we insisted Meph go directly by the book, the deadman bomb didn't cover day-kills or morning-kills).  With that assumption, town has a moral imperative to use an assassin bot in that situation.  Either a survivor or scum dies, both of which help the town.

The ends do not justify the means, especially when the ends aren't even certain.

I also loved your "end's don't justify the means" quote, how poetic.  If you won the lottery, should I berate you for wasting your money on something that you have a statistically low chance of winning?  He shot believing in what might have been considered a loophole in the rules.  Personally, I'm glad he spotted it and used it when he did.  He got rid of a horrible WIFOM situation, and killed scum.

Tell me, if you were scum, would you waste your possible "get out of lylo free" card for a chance at killing 2 townies, while at the same time sacrificing a possible ally?  As I see it, scum would have only been at one townie advantage (assuming survivor sides with the scum), with the possibility of one of their own being killed.  I don't see that as a huge statistical break for the scum.  It would have been 5-4 the next day (assuming mislynch and 1 scum kill), vs 7-4-1 if he had not shot.  So basically, a choice between lylo or mylo(again assuming that survivor goes with scum for security). 

And that's assuming the scum want to take the chance that two townies will be killed.  Doing the math with 4 scum and 9 townies with 2 killed from the blast, there was about a 46.2% chance of two townies dying.  That's actually in the town's favor!  There was a 54% chance of killing 1 or more scum with only 1 townie lost.  Of course, I doubt they did the math, but statistically, it would have been in the town's favor for the deadman bomb to go off.

So, in sum, I say it was a statistically and strategically poor choice for scum to shoot the deadman bomb in the hopes of killing two townies.

Of course, it's entirely possible that he's scum trying to curry favor with the town, but just the way he's responding, I don't think so.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2009, 02:57:45 am »

He did a completely logical action based on a fallous assumption that a deadman bomb wouldn't be triggered by the assassin bot(and if we insisted Meph go directly by the book, the deadman bomb didn't cover day-kills or morning-kills).  With that assumption, town has a moral imperative to use an assassin bot in that situation.  Either a survivor or scum dies, both of which help the town.

And as a responsible person, he should have checked before he acted. Irresponsible spur of the moment actions are almost as dangerous to the town as scum are, plus you're assuming that he's telling the truth and isn't scrambling to try and find a defence, i suspect he got caught off guard and without a reasonable explanation, so he shot for the 'i didn't know officer, promise' defence as a last resort. Interestingly, you seem to have bought it hook, line and sinker, combined with your previous assassin bot comment makes me very suspicious of you too Frelock.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2009, 03:02:51 am »

It's quite simple, really. He's scum. There's a whole list of reasons.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2009, 03:09:18 am »

Everyone. Seriously. Lynch Jim Groovester. He's scum.
THIS is why I voted you. Seriously, even I can do better than that.

It's quite simple, really. He's scum. There's a whole list of reasons.
I'd like to see your list. Oh wait. You don't have one.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49