Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 49

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 12 - Game Over!  (Read 56862 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafa - Round 12
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2009, 06:34:56 pm »

Oh shut up, okay?

He did just fine. He shot on the first day. He chose a good WIFOM target. He killed the Exterminator. What is your problem?

Also, I'm still voting for Monsieur Jim, for blatant overreactions on an obvious RVS vote. But, it was a good idea to pretend it weren't, eh?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2009, 06:40:10 pm »

He did just fine. He shot on the first day. He chose a good WIFOM target. He killed the Exterminator. What is your problem?

Because from the perspective of the town, it would have been better to shoot later, not earlier.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2009, 06:41:51 pm »

Because from the perspective of the town, it would have been better to shoot later, not earlier.
... And your point is?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2009, 06:53:54 pm »

Also, I'm still voting for Monsieur Jim, for blatant overreactions on an obvious RVS vote. But, it was a good idea to pretend it weren't, eh?

I don't recall overreacting. Apparently it's scummy to ask you and you alone the reasons you decide to vote for somebody.

I figured that you would pull something like this. Try to hang me up based on my reaction to your vote. I'd hate to think what you would've done if I had voted you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2009, 07:06:17 pm »

I don't recall overreacting. Apparently it's scummy to ask you and you alone the reasons you decide to vote for somebody.

I figured that you would pull something like this. Try to hang me up based on my reaction to your vote. I'd hate to think what you would've done if I had voted you.
Someone's over-explaining now...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2009, 07:15:30 pm »

... And your point is?

My point is that in contrast, from the perspective of the dopps shooting earlier is a good thing. forsaken claimed to have worked out the odds and i had previously been making the point that killing Pandar later was a good idea, so i suspect that he is a dopp, did the numbers, worked out the odds and realized that shooting Pandar now was a win\win, and promptly shot him.

I'd FoS you for defending him so strongly web, but this annoying attitude of yours lines up fairly well for your town game, so i think you're just misguided.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2009, 07:31:34 pm »

I've got some homework. Answer to AFD's question and some stuff once done.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2009, 07:38:02 pm »

However, forsaken's method of defense seems to be scummy and contradictory.

I wasn't expecting to be attacked for a pro-town action, so I hadn't any prepared defense.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2009, 07:43:20 pm »

I wouldn't call your action pro-town.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2009, 08:13:49 pm »

I killed the exterminator, who had a very good chance of killing a townie tonight. Why is that not pro-town?

Oh and sorry Leaf I didn't notice this until now:
Forsaken, just answer this question:

Did you kill Pandarsenic because you wanted to take out the survivor or because you thought he was scum?

You seem to be flipping between the two, not wanting to commit to either.

I am not flipping between anything. I killed him because I didn't believe his claim and thought he was scum. I said I considered the possibility that his claim was genuine. I did not think that was the case, and decided it was worth the gamble.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2009, 08:21:21 pm »

Dopp Scientist

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2009, 08:23:19 pm »

This bugged me.

I'm not trying to defend Org's play style, it is generally unhelpful for town. I would accept a lynch on that basis. Apon re-reading now I see that Org was avoiding your question with that joke, I had not realized when I previously posted. I understand your reasoning for wondering why Org wasn't lynched more often, but I just can't shake the feeling that you and janus are scum gunning for an easy lynch.
Janus wasn't outright agreeing with you and pushing the lynch as that would associate him as your scum buddy. What he was doing is hinting he wanted an Org lynch, he was saying that Org was acting scummy. He was in a way persuading other players, to vote Org.

You FoSed them for going after the Org lynch for no reason except that he's easy.  However, the quote above shows that you see them having a VERY good reason to vote for Org yet you're still on them for an 'easy lynch'. 

Worse off, you're reacting to 1 vote and one side attack just leaving RVS. 

Lastly, you aren't even voting for either of them, even though your last vote was a RV.

All that is very ugly, AFD.

Yes, but that was not their reason for going after Org. Org was in fact trying to scum hunt, he was asking questions just like everybody else. And then Jim got rid of his random vote in favor of voting Org for a 'scummy' scum hunting question. Jim then asked Org a ridiculous question that he could not answer. Org's response? A joke, a simple meme.

This is what got me suspicious of Jim, his further reaction and JTF's joining in, convinced me they were scum.

My RV still stands because RedWarrior0 is yet to respond, I don't want to let him out of it this easy. He is lurking and therefore my vote is perfectly sensible.

Panda dies!

Ha, I knew he wasn't telling the truth!

Yeah I had to call his bluff, now that it's done I suppose there's no reason to keep it quiet. I am a Mad Scientist and had picked assassin bot as my tech.

I'm also a kook, oddly enough. Now... lets find some scum.
Wow, claiming kook as scum is a good way to protect yourself just in case someone inspects you. But you being a dopp doesn't make sense to me. Why would a dopp mad scientist waste his assassin bot on Pandarsenic now? Sure the dopps get rid of the Exterminator who is able to kill them or a survivor who claims to want to win with the town. But why not wait a couple of days, then kill him?

Why would a dopp want to call Pandar's bluff? It would have been much better to let the town deal with him for a while. As a survivor he would have done nothing to harm the dopps, and when the town did eventually decide to deal with him he had a very good chance of taking a few townies out.

If he had turned out to be an exterminator, which some had theorized, he had a much better chance of killing a townie than a scum tonight if he had lived, and if I really was a dopp mad scientist with an assassin bot then, if noone had voted him yet, I would have let him kill a few times before using the bot to trigger his deadman bomb in the hopes of killing some more townies.

Either way, as a dopp it would not have been in my best interest to kill him now. As a townie I decided we needed to resolve the whole pandar situation and get on with scum hunting.

And thus I'd like to FoS you Neruz, because this seems like nothing but a scummy attempt to discredit a claimed townie.

As a dopp it would most certainly be in your best interests to kill him now. I asked Meph what would have happened if Pandar hadn't been lying and he said that 2 random people would have died from the dead man bomb; the odds at the start of the game are that those 2 people would have been townies, as at the moment townies vastly outnumber dopps.

Later in the game though, when the dopps aren't so heavily outnumbered, the odds are no longer in their favour; if Pandar had a dead man bomb it would statistically be a good idea to hit him as early as possible for the Dopps to maximise the chance that it would take out town, or as late as possible for the Town to maximise the chance that it would take out Dopps.

This is exactly what i was proposing we do, whereupon you came out of nowhere and assassinated him, risking losing 2 townies as the most likely option, that is extremely anti-town and looks right in line with what i would expect the Dopps to do.

Hmmm this makes sense, didn't realize that Panda was lying about the deadman's bomb. I thought that he actually had it but seeing as an assassin bot killed him, it negated the affect of it. But how do we know that Foresaken knew what the deadman's bomb does in this situation? If Foresaken had in fact asked meph what affect the assassin's bot would have on the deadmans bomb, then he would know before the kill the affect, and chance of hitting random townies. If Foresaken as a dopp knew this would happen, and knew that everyone else would find out this is what would happen, then would he claim it? A smart dopp would not claim this, as the smart dopp would know the affect of the expolsion and know that it would be suicide to claim the kill. Too me it sounds like foresaken didn't ask meph and just assumed...

Therefore I will side with Foresaken on this argument.

I've got some homework. Answer to AFD's question and some stuff once done.

Oh hai thar, nice to see you drop in. Please do answer these questions.

I wouldn't call your action pro-town.

Well it is pro-town if he assumed that the deadman's bomb would be negated by the assassin bot which is exactly what he said he did.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2009, 08:37:49 pm »

Until the question was asked here I had no reason to suspect the assassin bot would set off the deadman's bomb, as the rules didn't state anything like that. Why would I even think to ask such a thing? :)

And you have a good point. If I did know it would set it off why would I ever claim it?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2009, 08:50:37 pm »

I killed the exterminator, who had a very good chance of killing a townie tonight. Why is that not pro-town?

Because you didn't know he was an exterminator.

Until the question was asked here I had no reason to suspect the assassin bot would set off the deadman's bomb, as the rules didn't state anything like that. Why would I even think to ask such a thing? :)

And you have a good point. If I did know it would set it off why would I ever claim it?

I thought of it, i even asked Meph about it once Pandar got 'botted.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2009, 08:54:09 pm »

AFD; "A smart scum would never be stupid enough to do X" does not in fact suddenly clear the name of the person who did X. In fact someone saying that 'no scum would ever do X because they would have to be stupid to do that' is usually immediate grounds for lynching, or at least serious suspicion, because that is one of the finest quality WIFOMs in the cellar.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 49