Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 12 - Game Over!  (Read 56873 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafa - Round 12
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2009, 06:07:06 pm »

I hardly think a FoS is 'bandwagonning' (is that a word now?) but in this case I was pointing out the absurdity of what he said, and how it doesn't exactly align with reality. I didn't vote him, that would have been 'bandwagonning'
An FoS is a bandwagon, only one which doesn't attract much attention.  You FoS'd him twice, which is stupid and basically priming him for a lynch later.

What does this even mean? The 'survivor' is dead.
I write my responses to the thread in chronological order.

Maybe, but wouldn't scum want him to kill one or two townies first? Right now even a random would have a very good chance of hitting town.

Assassin Bot is one shot.  From a scum perspective, shooting Pandarsenic is win-win.

If he's a survivor, he'll die along with 2 (probably townies) removing 3 scum opponents.

If he's an Exty, the scum's most dangerous opponent is gone.

A random shot as a dopp would have a very good chance of hitting town since THE DOPPS KNOW WHO THE OTHER DOPPS ARE.  Christ, Forsaken, what are you talking about?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2009, 06:07:31 pm »

Maybe, but wouldn't scum want him to kill one or two townies first? Right now even a random would have a very good chance of hitting town.

Exactly.

Thanks for tipping your hand Mr. Scumbag.

I point out that exterminator would probably kill a townie if I let him live, which is why I killed him, and this is somehow proof I am scum?

If you knew he was the exterminator then assassin botting him is very pro-town.

But you had no way to know that; assassin botting him was a gamble, a risk. If he was bluffing then it was good for the town. If he was lying then it was good for the dopps.

But if he was bluffing then it was also good for the dopps; they would have known he was not one if theirs and thus would know that his death benefitted them.

As a townie, killing him had the potential to either be a win or a loss. As a dopp however, killing him was a win\win situation.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2009, 06:08:09 pm »

Oooh I see, you're trying to insinuate that I wanted the deadman bomb to go off and kill two randoms.

Well no, first I didn't know about that result when I sent the PM to meph. I sent my PM right after pandar made his claim as survivor with deadman bomb, and I thought an assassin bot would bypass the deadman bomb as it was not a night kill.

Second, I didn't believe pandar's claim for a second. It seemed like something he would do.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2009, 06:09:26 pm »

So I gambled, I won, can we move on?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2009, 06:09:30 pm »

Forsaken, your arguments contradict each other.

"I thought the bomb wouldn't go off and I didn't think he had it"

It looks like scum trying to cover all bases.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2009, 06:10:50 pm »

Oooh I see, you're trying to insinuate that I wanted the deadman bomb to go off and kill two randoms.

I've been saying that for the last 3 posts!

Well no, first I didn't know about that result when I sent the PM to meph. I sent my PM right after pandar made his claim as survivor with deadman bomb, and I thought an assassin bot would bypass the deadman bomb as it was not a night kill.

Second, I didn't believe pandar's claim for a second. It seemed like something he would do.

That's extremely easy for you to say, we have no proof that either of this is true, and considering how long it took you to come up with this i'm seriously doubting the veracity of this claim.

You're also contradicting yourself; you're saying you thought the bomb wouldn't go off, and that you thought he didn't have a bomb.

I think i've found our first scum, FoS on Frelock as well, as i think he might be in on this and have accidentally slipped a bit.

-FAKE EDIT-

I see Toony picked up on the contradiction too.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2009, 06:11:17 pm »

There is no contradiction.

I didn't think he had it.

If he had it, I didn't think it would go off.

Win/Win, as far as I was concerned at midnight.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2009, 06:12:31 pm »

No, Forsaken, if you didn't believe his claim for a moment, then it shouldn't have mattered what you thought about the DMB.

If you doubted his claim, you shoulda checked what the DMB would do if the user was shot first.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2009, 06:14:16 pm »

Wait, so you don't think about all possible ramifications of your actions? You just pick one course and decide it is correct?

Sorry if I think about alternate possibilities and what may happen if I am wrong. It was a gamble, and I considered both sides.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2009, 06:16:13 pm »

If you thought about the possibilites, why didn't you check with Meph?  And why did you say you "didn't believe his claim for a second"?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2009, 06:19:25 pm »

Well first I didn't check with meph because I didn't think I needed to. The DMB says: "If the Alien is lynched, he explodes killing the last person to vote for him and a random person near him. If he is night-killed, he kills his attacker. Small tech slot." Nothing here mentions a day kill, and simple rules parsing says the DMB would have no effect if the person is daykilled. That meph decided to change the rule is fine with me, but at the time I didn't think that was the case.

I said I didn't believe him because I didn't believe him. What I believe is not always the case, so I consider alternate possibilities.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2009, 06:21:50 pm »

To be honest, I hadn't thought about a day-kill on someone with a Deadman bomb.

The rules have now been clarified under the Deadman Bomb description.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2009, 06:22:19 pm »

Forsaken, just answer this question:

Did you kill Pandarsenic because you wanted to take out the survivor or because you thought he was scum?

You seem to be flipping between the two, not wanting to commit to either.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2009, 06:23:44 pm »

For real:
Webadict
, why are you being all votin and stuff when you dont give good infos?
... Why is this not obvious to everyone?

It's called RVS for a reason, right?

Forsaken, just answer this question:

Did you kill Pandarsenic because you wanted to take out the survivor or because you thought he was scum?

You seem to be flipping between the two, not wanting to commit to either.
Either way, killing him was pro-town. Survivor is anti-town at lylo, exterminator is always anti-town.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2009, 06:25:01 pm »

Yes, it would be a good move for town.  No denying it.  I woulda shot Pandar if I had a daykill.

However, forsaken's method of defense seems to be scummy and contradictory.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49