Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 12 - Game Over!  (Read 56817 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Paranormal Mafa - Round 12
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2009, 12:49:47 am »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2009, 12:54:03 am »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2009, 01:02:49 am »

Also, you should all know by now that I'll only hammer with scum if they have me in a situation where I'm forced to. -.-

Panda, any lylo situation where there's 3 or more scum, and you'll be "forced to" hammer with scum if you want to win.  They'll kill you otherwise, even if it means they'll lose one of their own.

AFD, assuming there's a 50% chance of hitting scum (and we usually do worse day 1), then that means there is a ~35% chance of us sacrificing 2 townies to get rid of 1 survivor.  The next day, we'd be down to 4 scum and 6 townies, hardly an optimal situation.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2009, 01:31:34 am »

I retract my earlier comment about Org being harmless.

FoS on Pandarsenic for that gargantuan and bald-faced WIFOM. I'll be blunt; i think he's full of shit, i'm not sure if i believe the dead man bomb claim, but i definitely don't believe the survivor claim.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2009, 01:32:56 am »

Also, you should all know by now that I'll only hammer with scum if they have me in a situation where I'm forced to. -.-

Panda, any lylo situation where there's 3 or more scum, and you'll be "forced to" hammer with scum if you want to win.  They'll kill you otherwise, even if it means they'll lose one of their own.

AFD, assuming there's a 50% chance of hitting scum (and we usually do worse day 1), then that means there is a ~35% chance of us sacrificing 2 townies to get rid of 1 survivor.  The next day, we'd be down to 4 scum and 6 townies, hardly an optimal situation.

So now you know Goblin Christmas Lylo comes early this year. At least I gave you some warnings.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2009, 02:25:37 am »

A_F_D is scum.

Oh and your not just saying that because I am providing a good reason to lynch you now while we have the chance?

Yes but it is worth it, for in a situation where we choose the wrong lynch we are losing one town aligned player anyway. So really we have a 35% chance of losing one extra townie and we get to kill panda anyway.

I need some other players opinions here. Neruz, Jim Groovestar, Kashyyk, what do you think about using panda's deadman bomb to lynch?

Also, there is the other possibility that panda doesn't have a deadman's bomb at all. If he doesn't, then lynching him would definitely by helpful for us.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2009, 02:28:32 am »

You didn't ask me, but I'm going to weigh in anyway. I don't think lynching Pandar right away is our best bet, provided we have another viable option. As it is still early in the day, I'd suggest we wait a while before jumping to any decision.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2009, 02:41:36 am »

I think calling Pandar's bluff at this stage is a really bad idea. If he is telling the truth about the bomb then the odds are not in our favour that it will take out a scumpkin. I would personally go after someone else on day one, and then latch onto Pandar day 2 if we miss.

Unfortunately AFD, the only other person throwing out a significant level of wierdness is you.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2009, 02:44:43 am »

I'd also like to FoS AFD for latching onto pandar and calling for his lynch so fervently. Anyone who believes someone is not scum and still tries this hard to lynch him is either scum or not thinking straight.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2009, 02:57:38 am »

A_F_D is scum.

Oh and your not just saying that because I am providing a good reason to lynch you now while we have the chance?

I'm saying that because the scum would never hammer me and townies shouldn't.

Besides, you should all know me better than this. I like playing Exterminator too much to put everything on the line like this if I was something interesting. I'm only doing this because Survivor is boring but I can't NOT play to win.

So once you all realize that yes, I really am a Survivor, I'm going to stop following the thread until I get PMs informing me that it's over soon.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2009, 02:58:55 am »

Clarification: The Deadman Bomb is basically a Fuck-You Button to anyone who wants to dick with the guy who just wants to be left alone.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2009, 03:03:46 am »

I'd also like to FoS AFD for latching onto pandar and calling for his lynch so fervently. Anyone who believes someone is not scum and still tries this hard to lynch him is either scum or not thinking straight.

Can you clarify? I do think panda is scum, and I figure that his lynch would be the best. Maybe I am not thinking this logic through properly but I am willing to take this risk.

A_F_D is scum.

I'm saying that because the scum would never hammer me and townies shouldn't.

Besides, you should all know me better than this. I like playing Exterminator too much to put everything on the line like this if I was something interesting. I'm only doing this because Survivor is boring but I can't NOT play to win.

So once you all realize that yes, I really am a Survivor, I'm going to stop following the thread until I get PMs informing me that it's over soon.

Wow, isn't that a great excuse for lurking? I mean no one will ever consider you dopp, you can just sit back and watch while everyone else is too scared to lynch/kill you.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2009, 03:16:04 am »

If we do lynch Pandar though (and i believe we should), we should do it as close to lylo as possible; we want to improve the odds of the random explosion hitting a dopp or alien as much as possible.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2009, 03:34:52 am »

Simple fact is that killing Pandar now, if he is telling the truth, is too big of a risk for no reward. We chance killing 1/2 townies only to take out an alien.

It is possible that he is lying, and is in fact scum or even town, but the risk is too big. The fact that you would risk a course of action that could singlehandedly push us so close to lylo on day 1 is suspicious, at best. If we get unlucky and the bomb kills two townies, then the dopp kills another, we're pretty bad off aren't we? Not to mention any mis-targeted vigilante kill, mad scientist kill, or exterminator kill...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49