Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 49

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 12 - Game Over!  (Read 56854 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 12 - Day 3 - Replacement needed for MagmaDeath
« Reply #570 on: December 18, 2009, 06:26:09 am »

Foresaken would you care to participate a bit more then? Or are you too busy lurking and being an alien?

I've been monitoring the thread, haven't had much to say and have been busy working for the last 13 hours. My brain is fried. Anyway, care to explain how I became an alien? I mean, do aliens get assassin bots or come up as dopp on investigations? No... I'm a town mad scientist with the kook 'perk'.

As for participating, wow how did I miss this one? I MUST be out of it.
Wait... more than that.  You even changed your vote to me in order to help create a no lynch!
I have to go back and look at this.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #571 on: December 18, 2009, 06:30:11 am »

Wait... more than that.  You even changed your vote to me in order to help create a no lynch!

Leaf if you're gonna make claims like this, back them up with quotes. As far as I see there was a no-lynch already with 3 people having 2 votes, then we got the day extension.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 18, 2009, 10:12:38 am »

Well, his vote could've created a lynch.  But he switched it to me without any attempt at an extension.

Also, if you're accusing him of being an alien, the ONLY possibilities in this game are Survivor and Operative, remember.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 18, 2009, 11:24:17 am »

Quote from: Webadict
Why on Earth would Frelock want to die instead of dakarian? How does his death justify anything?

Also, Leafsnail is again using bad logic. The fact that there are at LEAST 2 protective roles means that the protective roles can be, in fact, protected. He's only saying that because he thinks that somehow being out in the open makes everything easier for the Dopps.

It doesn't. It makes it insanely more difficult when you have protective roles; especially an Observant Guard or a Heroic Guard (Unless he knows that the Observant Guard is going to die?)

I guess it's my fault for that Warlock thing, which is kinda dumb. I liked the Warlock. Oh well, perhaps he's an Enchanter? I could see a good reason for him being alive in that case. Either that or a Mad Scientist. Perhaps a Body Double or something. There's got to be a reason Frelock and Leafsnail would rather die instead. It doesn't make sense. If dakarian had an Assassin Bot, it wouldn't matter a whole lot, because maybe he's saving it until lylo, but he'll use it anyway.

It doesn't make sense, what Frelock said. He's saying to vote him instead of dakarian. How does that make sense? He MAKES a connection to dakarian! There's no reason whatsoever to do that. Not unless he's... an Agent... or... I dunno.

It doesn't make sense, what Leafsnail is doing. He's saying you're scum (Somehow), yet wants to vote Frelock because he doesn't really believe you're scum.

I'm not sure who we should kill, but make sure that either Frelock or dakarian get killed, and if you don't lynch dakarian, then tell him to kill Leafsnail. Have ToonyMan block anyone but dakarian. Tell dakarian that if he can prove himself, he can live. But, the problem is that you have to be incredibly careful, because they don't want him to die for a reason.

This plan involves a lot of risk, so I'd prefer that you lynched dakarian. It's the easiest way. Also, ToonyMan and Frelock will cancel each other out. Or, the other should, if the other is town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 18, 2009, 12:28:40 pm »

Damn you people.

Alright, AFD is right.  You're wrong Leafsnail.  If we didn't mass-claim TOWN WOULD LOSE.  You are the scum Leafsnail, along with Frelock, Neruz, and Dakarian.

This mass-claim HELPED us.  We found out that either me or Frelock HAS to be scum.  I HAVE NO IDEA WHY everyone is ignoring this.  It's so stupid.  Everybody is being inactive, it's crazy!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 18, 2009, 12:49:15 pm »

The Whiteboard
A_Fey_Dwarf: RedWarrior0
Vector: dakarian
Frelock: Leafsnail, Neruz, ToonyMan
Leafsnail: A_Fey_Dwarf
dakarian: Vector, forsaken1111
ToonyMan: Frelock

Day 3 ends at ~5pm Pacific Today. There will be no more extensions for this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 18, 2009, 12:55:52 pm »

Yeah, webadict, my actions make no sense.  Because I'm not a doppelganger.  Why is Frelock ok with dying?  Because if he dies, he won't lose.  The town will still have to hit his three buddies.  If I die, on the other hand, we've basically lost (even if the dopps don't have their assassin bot, this laughably passive town will be walked all over).

Now, the massclaim gave us one useful piece of information, regarding Frelock and ToonyMan.  But why are you ignoring this, AFD?  Possibly because you see a chance to win now?  Eh, I'll try and extend for now, not that it's likely to do us much good with our current levels of activity.

And webadict, Meph changed it so there can only be two of any of the protective roles (guardian, observant guard, heroic guard and vengeful guard) on any one side.

The reason I'm reluctant to vote dakarian?  Well, he can prove himself easily if he's town.  Also, I'm worried by the way AFD has suddenly switched to him.

Also, Meph: you said you changed the weighting for a scum scientist.  What weighting is it now?  How does it compare to other roles?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 18, 2009, 01:02:21 pm »

The Role Matrix has been posted in the rules thread.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 18, 2009, 01:24:48 pm »

Well, I finally got done my scan. 

A few things that came to notice about Frelock:

First off, your desire to push on Org as a policy lynch.  You didn't seem too concerned that Org was scum.  You just wanted a place to put your vote. 

As for what you've done next.. the bit with Pandarsenic, where you spend the time cheering "for the good guys", claiming that you helped out and that scum would rather have kept him alive.

Beyond that, all you did was keep talking about how pro-town it was and who you thought was town for it.  You didn't think about your vote on Org, which you admit was just a policy lynch, nor did you think about who could be scum. 

That was Day 1

Day 2.. .nothing.  You literally did not post during the entire time that I spotted.  During the whole debate over ExKirby, during the battle between me and Webadict, nothing.. at all.

But you do show up for your night role, and attempt to block ExKirby to help out Web...when web specifically WANTED ExKirby to act in order to help the town and show what he actually was.  If there wasn't a medium to muddy the thing, and if there wasn't a mind shield, we'd mark ExKirby as just a liar and kill him off.

Now you show up, after ToonyMan claims, and counterclaim him trying to lynch him off.  I note you DID post before he claimed but you threw nothing but a wishy washy post saying how a MC would be useful to scum, but not really, but Web can help, but the medium might be scum, but you need facts to prove the medium isn't scum, but don't tell those facts, oh and who IS the other medium anyway?

You have been ugly this whole time.  You haven't been hunting, just policy lynching, declaring yourself and others townish, and lurking.  You then try to mess up the town's plan, claim you were confused, and now want Toony lynched because "he's also a warden and I know I'm town".

Meh.

unvote Vector
Vote Frelock

As for myself vs Leafsnail, I'm not sure I see it, but when I went my own way I ended up offing Web.  Tonight, I'll Vig leafsnail.  Tomorrow, we'll see about sorting the Neruz/forsaken mess.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #579 on: December 18, 2009, 01:36:25 pm »

Tomorrow, we'll see about sorting the Neruz/forsaken mess.

There's no mess. You and he are scum, I'm not. And hopefully you'll die today before you can vig a townie.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 18, 2009, 01:44:50 pm »

Well... I'd prefer for dakarian not to kill me at night, but after a lynch of Frelock we'll at least have a bit of leeway (and dak killing me would give us a confirmed vig... I'd prefer he target A_Fey_Dopp, but nevermind).  Plus I should die tonight anyway if I get my target right.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 18, 2009, 01:54:44 pm »

Quote from: JanusTwoFace
To Forsaken:
It's extremely unlikely that Dakarian is both scum and Vig. There just haven't been enough kills for it. Now he's almost certaintly one or the other, but your post seems to be claiming he's both...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 18, 2009, 01:56:39 pm »

Yeah... a scum vig is worth -8 points.  That's worth 2 town agents.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #583 on: December 18, 2009, 02:01:29 pm »

Unlikely things do happen. I don't believe his claim, because if he was scum vig he'd have used his powers already, but it's not impossible. Either way, he's scum.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 18, 2009, 02:09:55 pm »

Quote from: Pandarsenic
And Dakarian voted Frelock.

Could they make it any more obvious they're screening him? If he's worth exposing their whole scumteam, he's probably an advanced Dopp.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 49