Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Foreman in d16  (Read 768 times)

DaveLawson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Foreman in d16
« on: November 30, 2009, 07:02:07 pm »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone have the config values needed to run Dwarf Foreman in 40d16?

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Foreman in d16
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 02:48:49 am »

If you can't find those, you may want to consider Dwarf Therapist for the same task. I've personally enjoyed Dwarf Manager more than Dwarf Foreman, and though I mostly got hooked on Dwarf Therapist during my time on Linux, I've stayed with it on Windows and found it good. Not sure if Dwarf Manager itself has support for 40d16, but Therapist definitely does, out of the box.

I know this wasn't exactly what you asked, and for that I'm sorry; just putting some options on the table.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 10:15:26 pm »

I've tried to get Foreman to work on 40D16 and after a few hours of looking, I couldn't find anything. I don't remember getting Dwarf Manager to work either, but I may be wrong. Been using Therapist and it's a lot better than Foreman in my opinion, suggest you give it a try. You can't assign kids and babies jobs any more, but that was abnormal anyways.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Kulgur

• Escaped Lunatic
  • AHHHHHHHHH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 11:14:41 pm »

You can't assign kids and babies jobs any more, but that was abnormal anyways.

Have you got the "Allow labour setting on anyone" checkbox in the general options crossed? It's not by default

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 11:22:51 pm »

@Kulgar, never noticed, but I think it's better not knowing about it. =-P

Has added a bit more interesting happenings in my forts. What with nobles not on 24/7 pump operating duty.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Poojawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 07:21:53 am »

http://dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Utilities#Dwarf_Foreman

To make Foreman compatible with v0.28.181.40d, update config file as shown below. Use the talk page for previous versions of DF.
check=032e4b67
critter_start=01583224
dwarfidpos=0138f690
profession_start=0474

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 07:29:14 am »

Nice try, but 40d is not 40d16. The memory values are not the same; utilities that work on 40d need to be updated to work with the 40d## series.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.