Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: The Axe of Impaling (succesion game)  (Read 16196 times)

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
Re: The Axe of Impaling (succesion game)
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2010, 03:39:56 pm »

Yeah, I've started using MSword too. It's still annoying, though :P
I don't think I'll be able to play tonight, but I have half days every Friday in my school, so I'll get a good bit up tomorrow, then finish it @ the weekend.

Edit: Also, should I remove [CAN_SPEAK] from the orcs so that they'll siege? Thankfully it turned out to be merchants that time, otherwise we would've been overrun before I could manage to wall up that side entrance.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:49:41 pm by gumball135 »
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2010, 03:59:35 pm »

No, we just have to anger them.
I like the fact that they trade.
Maybe kill their merchants every year so that they siege?
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2010, 05:47:04 pm »

Grimes' Journal
27th Moonstone, 204, Early Winter

Datan has finished his great work! Armok be praised! Praise be to Armok! Armok praise be! Yeah!

Siboshgongit, ''The Deteriorated Squid'', a chestnut amulet. Hm. The Deteriorated Squid. The... Deteriorated Squid. Wow.
Anyways, it's worth 46'800 smackeroos, and that's all that matters.
It brings the total number of fortress artefacts to 6.

13th Opal, 204, Mid Winter

The Orc traders left today. I asked them to stay for tea, but they told me that they had to go kill some Elves.

I’ve begun some more cleaning up and organizing of the fort, although I don’t want to do too much. Mining out of some space for new workshops has begun.

15th Opal, 204, Mid Winter

Shorast Oltarmeden has grown to become a child! I’d say something deep and meaningful, but I just can’t be arsed.

7th Obsidian, 204, Late Winter
Made an attempt to access the magma, but stopped half way when I remembered that we have loads of coke/charcoal. Have the new dining room nearly set up.

Kinoko is the new butcher/bone carver in the fortress; I’ve been meaning to get rid of all those camels and puppies for a while now. Bah humbug!

Designating new farms closer to the main block of the fortress. Pretty uneventful apart from that, to be honest. I plan on beginning a Mega-project soon enough, though, which will give us something nice to do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've reached Spring in game time already, which is sooner than expected, although Kinoko finished in Autumn. Mind if I play out the rest of my year up to Autumn? I'd have it done tomorrow.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2010, 06:24:44 pm »

Can you rename my dwarf to "Capitan Coder"?

Yes, the name I'm using in 2 games already :)

No, I don't mind.

But could you finish today?
Tomorrow is Saturday and probably the only time in the upcoming week that I'll be free with enough time to do my turn.
Ok, so maybe Sunday too...

You don't have to finish today, but could you try?
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2010, 07:04:44 pm »

Ah, bugger. I just didn't get the time to play at all tonight. Sorry guys. A game of Poker lasted longer than expected.

I got rubbish cards :P

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2010, 03:17:35 pm »

Meh.

Ok, can you try and finish today? If not, you have until Wednesday morning, pacific time. (I hate timezones)
Does it sound good?

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2010, 05:56:12 pm »

Grimes’ Journal
1st Granite, 205, Early Spring

Happy New Year!
Now that that's out of the way: there's literally no news. At all. It’s strangely uneventful; no goblin ambushes, no dwarven deaths. Even the Queen has stopped her little tantrums, even if she does still whine in my ear 24/7. The Dungeon Master’s new rooms will be set up once he recovers from the slight wound on his left upper leg. What a wimp.

Things are actually starting to get boring around here. I’m considering the construction of a mega-project.

8th Granite, 205, Early Spring

Increased the size of the refuse stockpile, to cope with the large-scale animal slaughter. Kinoko is certainly doing a good job of it.

I’ve also started re-organizing the farms, to making them smaller and slightly closer to the stairs, to increase work speed and efficiency (well, it won’t make a significant difference, but I’m bored!).

Every dwarf in the Civlogistics group will now begin working the fields, although the paper work for all of this will take a long, long time.

Migrants will probably arrive in the next few weeks, and I don’t know whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

I’m going to begin drafting up plans for a mega-project in a minute. That’s about it.

12th Granite, 205, Early Spring

An Elven Caravan! I only noticed this now. We will drink from their skulls!
Or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'll definitely have it done by Wednesday; I know I said I'd have it done over the weekend, but I just didn't manage to carve out enough time to play DF. I'm pretty much finished Spring now, so only one more season to go. (I'll write up the rest of Spring tomorrow and get most of Summer done). I really am sorry; I know how annoying it is when someone takes ages on their turn.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2010, 11:14:23 pm »

Ok, no problem.

"Civlogistics group"
What is that?

Sorry if it is a noob question.

Defiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2010, 05:26:21 am »

I'm in.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2010, 06:02:19 am »

Ok, no problem.

"Civlogistics group"
What is that?

Sorry if it is a noob question.

No, it's not :P One of the previous overseers renamed the profession of all the useless haulers to ''Civlogistics'', then enabled several labors. When I took over, pretty much everyone was in this group, but there are only about 6 of 'em now. All of the working class were named ''Elfbane carpenter/crafter/whatever, and the military were (and still are) called ''Earthfurys''.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2010, 01:52:52 pm »

Grimes’ Journal
1st Granite, 205, Early Spring

Happy New Year!
Now that that's out of the way: there's literally no news. At all. It’s strangely uneventful; no goblin ambushes, no dwarven deaths. Even the Queen has stopped her little tantrums, even if she does still whine in my ear 24/7. The Dungeon Master’s new rooms will be set up once he recovers from the slight wound on his left upper leg. What a wimp.

What are you doing? Isn't your turn over?
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2010, 02:31:57 pm »

Wait, I'm confused too...

@gumball: Wasn't your turn over?

Ah, I see...

You said kinoko only played until automm, so you played winter.
Now you're playing your actual year?

Right?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 04:39:18 pm by addictgamer »

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2010, 07:49:59 am »

Kinoko finished early, didn't he? I thought that he finished after 2 seasons instead of the usual 4. I'm not too sure. I'm at the start of Summer, now (didn't get to play at all yesterday), and I was pretty sure that Kinoko finished in Autumn, so I asked if I could play up to Autumn as well, so that I'd have played the full four seasons.

Bah, I'm confused. I can just upload the save now, if ye'd like.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2010, 01:53:35 pm »

Ya, please do.

I'm a bit tired of waiting.

If anyone thinks he should go on, feel free to speak up.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2010, 02:54:50 pm »

Grimes' Journal
27th Slate, 205, Mid-Spring
Two tidbits of news: A dwarf has entered a fey mood, and I myself have begun the construction of my 'Mega-Project'. It isn't really a Mega-Project as such; just something for everyone to remember me by. Yes, you heard me correctly. I have done most of what I can for this fort, and wish to retire to a peaceful life of drinking, eating, going on break and other dwarfy things like that.

I will be handing over control of the fortress to Addict, who now wishes to be known as Captain Coder, at either the beginning or end of Summer. Although this goes against the Dwarven tradition of picking names out of a hat, I think it'll be for the best.

Perhaps one day I will take control of a random fortress again. One day...

Surprisingly, I just received news that the Fey Dwarf I mentioned began work on his artefact straight away. He must've only grabbed one or two materials.

4th Felsite, 205, Late-Spring
Praise be to Armok! The fey dwarf created an artefact adamantine cage worth 720'000 dwarfbucks, bringing our total fortress well over one million! The Smokes of Soothing... Well, it's better than The Deteriorated Squid. Honestly, who came up with that name!? Anyways, I'm putting this beauty in the dining room, to make everyone less-depressed.. I cleared out the room in which I'm making my rubbish Mega-Project by throwing the rocks into a dump near the site.

8th Felsite, 205, Late-Spring
Migrants have arrived.

8 Peasants, 1 Mason, 1 Gem Cutter, 1 Bone Carver, 1 Engraver, 2 Potash Makers, 2 Animal Caretakers, 1 Brewer, 1 Trapper, 1 Fish Dissector, 1 Siege Operator, 1 Wood Burner, and 1 Gem Setter.

Pretty damn useless. I've ordered the Masterclerk to organize the construction of several new beds. Mode booze and more barrels to store this booze in will be made to give these guys something to drink. New bedrooms are being mined out as I speak.

For some reason, we got another 720'000 added onto our fortress wealth when I placed the artefact in the dining room (which is now legendary). I won't complain.

1st Hematite, 205, Early Summer

Finished my 'Mega-Project', which turned out to be completetly un-mega. So, I've decided to make it my tomb instead. The new migrants have all been given new bedrooms.
And so, my rule has ended. I may keep this diary and continue to write entries in it, but those will be of little importance, and only for my own entertainment. Grimes out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Finally finished :)

In fairness, though, I didn't take TOO long.
Here are some things to note, Addict:
-The lever in Grimes' bedroom controls the floodgate blocking the little side passage out of the fortress, which is located next to the main lever room.
-Everyone with the 'Civlogistics' profession has masonry, architecture (I think) and pump operating enabled. These were created by one of the other rulers. Similarly, anyone with the 'Worker' Profession has masonry, farming and pump operating enabled and were made by me from the latest migrant wave.
-Although I did make a couple of archery ranges for some marksdwarves to train, there aren't actually any marksdwarves. You might want to recruit some of the useless migrants.
-If you feel like it, would you mind making an adamantine sarcophagus (after the wafers have been made) and putting it in Grimes' tomb? I didn't have enough time to finish it. The tomb is directly under the new workshop area.
-That's all :D

I don't know what you'll be able to do to keep yourself busy. Tap the magma pipe? Make the water from the brook more accessible?  Open up the HFS?

Anyways, have Fun.

I'll upload the save in a second.

Edit: Ze Save
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 03:38:18 pm by gumball135 »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9