Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 108124 times)

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
Re: Haven and Hearth, 2.0!!!
« Reply #690 on: January 14, 2010, 08:44:55 pm »

Wouldnt it be easier to sell some stuff at RoB for some coinage?
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 15, 2010, 04:05:56 am »

What else is there to do in this game? I think it was most fun when I was still learning and exploring back when I lived next to Errol. After that I went to a mine and full industry with a bunch of other miners but then lack of food pushed me full nature to supply myself and them.

Currently I have a weekend silk farm (I'm not on the correct hours during the week to stop them dieing after hatching) which is slowly improving ql. A tree farm which supplies coal for the miners and is slowly improving ql. Two cows and a bull, which are probably dead because I've not logged in for just over two days. And a bunch of crops slowly improving ql. But I found all I was doing was logging in farming, cooking and logging out again.

Maybe I'll set off into the wild to see what there is to see but I get the impression there isn't much really?
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 15, 2010, 08:34:15 am »

Wouldnt it be easier to sell some stuff at RoB for some coinage?

That was my plan, basic'ly.

Shades, you have discovered what the fun really is in this game - progress. I am having my goals I want to reach, and as long as I can work towards them I'm having fun. You, on the other hand, sound like you have no goals and therefore no fun. Try doing something different, perhaps with an alt. Or try becoming a trader, try getting your hands on rare stuff! Try cruising the lands and  ATM I'm logging in to get good clay, to make my first bar of bronze, ultimately.

We could also play together again. Come over to Tradefocus, I'm waiting for you~
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 15, 2010, 08:37:02 pm »

Hey, read through the thread today and started playing when I got home from work. Actually I read most of the thread while I was chopping trees for my cabin. I did the "start in the middle of nowhere" thing and once I got out of the mountains I set up in a nice little area on the border of light/heavy forest and grassland. My cabin's not done yet, but I'm trying to think of new goals for myself once it's done and I was curious about cartography. I found the link to the wiki so I started looking stuff up, but I was still wondering about a few things. First, do you need certain skill levels to be able to find inkweed? And second, how big are the maps you make? Are they just copies of the minimap or are they larger/smaller? Thanks!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 16, 2010, 12:03:34 am »

Hey Gaute, who the hell has this claim plopped onto my cabins, mansion, and hearth fires?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #695 on: January 16, 2010, 12:42:42 am »

Hey, read through the thread today and started playing when I got home from work. Actually I read most of the thread while I was chopping trees for my cabin. I did the "start in the middle of nowhere" thing and once I got out of the mountains I set up in a nice little area on the border of light/heavy forest and grassland. My cabin's not done yet, but I'm trying to think of new goals for myself once it's done and I was curious about cartography. I found the link to the wiki so I started looking stuff up, but I was still wondering about a few things. First, do you need certain skill levels to be able to find inkweed? And second, how big are the maps you make? Are they just copies of the minimap or are they larger/smaller? Thanks!
You need decent perception and exploration to find inkweed, which only occurs on the yellow grassland...I believe it is called "heath".  There are two types of map you can make, local and regional.  Local maps are 5 minimaps x 5 minimaps, Regional maps are 5 local maps x 5 local maps, iirc.  Pretty big.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 16, 2010, 01:03:12 am »

VERY nice. Thanks for the info! I'm slowly building up my character... just building a loom right now so I can finish my bed. I'm thinking I'm going to need a second cabin though, because I'm very quickly running out of space in this one with a cabinet and my loom.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #697 on: January 16, 2010, 01:45:50 am »

move your loom outside onto paved ground
I got nothing

Gauteamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Ignitur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 16, 2010, 04:27:01 pm »

Hey Gaute, who the hell has this claim plopped onto my cabins, mansion, and hearth fires?

Oops.. I thought you were missing in action, sonerohi.
Two players from NP have built their farm there.
Your hearths are now outside their palisade (I think you should come and rebuild them in the town itself if you want them behind gates.
Also, I hope to see you more (I did not realize the hearths were active) so send me a PM on the HH forum (or here) if you have any questions.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 16, 2010, 05:52:48 pm »

Everything seems to be in tip-top order now. Already found my new location for my settlement, and I've got a friend who wants to help me without joining the town, so I made sure that I'm a bit off from the town.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 08:58:41 pm by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 19, 2010, 10:21:40 am »

i'm totally lost in the middle fo nowhere and out of food,help!
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 19, 2010, 10:26:46 am »

Finally got this game to work. Started out in the woods with some other guy I might in the first 2 seconds of getting in the game world.

Man this game is addictive.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 19, 2010, 11:44:09 am »

how can i get a good dream?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 19, 2010, 11:45:11 am »

build a dream catcher :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 19, 2010, 12:03:17 pm »

build a dream catcher :)

how?

and is there anyway to find where the nearest civilization is?

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82