Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 108136 times)

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth, 2.0!!!
« Reply #660 on: January 07, 2010, 04:47:41 pm »

I start a new character supposedly in the middle of nowhere and i already run into 4 different settlements, and two of them are pallisaded mines with moderate decay on all the walls. Then i get raided by someone on hour 70 of play while i'm logged out who apparently traveled, from what i can see, a full supergrid away. Who basically deleted my cabin contents and the bed my character was sleeping on.
What. The. Fuck. :-\
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #661 on: January 07, 2010, 05:34:23 pm »

I found >both< of our boats parked somewhere down the river. Whoever did this is accused of high treason :p

get a rope!
I got nothing

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 07, 2010, 05:52:21 pm »

Goons don't do much actually, we're just peaceful farmers :3

Some of you are :\

Dracor

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [CAN_LEARN] [BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 07, 2010, 08:03:56 pm »

Whoops, never mind
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 08:06:51 pm by Dracor »
'Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #664 on: January 07, 2010, 08:46:52 pm »

sorry i havent been there guys! too much work here, but i will get in there soon. Looks like the little farm is growing and we have new beds too!
I got nothing

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #665 on: January 07, 2010, 09:05:19 pm »

Well, you could be stupid like Waneville and start raiding everywhere.  That seems to be what most of the high-end groups end up doing (Waneville, Xano, the Goons) or you could just peter out. 

However, I'm pretty sure you're no-where near the endgame yet.  Set a goal for yourself, like: tame a cow and breed up to q100 milk, or something similar.  Or perhaps your goal could be more player-interaction based: trade my way so I have every single item the game has to offer at over q50.  Another alternative; go exploring.  Try to map out the world, or find a mine somewhere out in the far reaches of the outer grids.

Xanadu has only counter-raided the big raiders. (delamore-style goons, waynsville).  They dont attack random villages.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 07, 2010, 10:17:05 pm »

Arcei is... down? In our field. Says she isn't logged in when I try to PM.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 08, 2010, 09:33:25 am »

I died to some leeches :( They didn't drain me much HP, then I noticed that bloated once don't suck, so I replaced htem with the non-bloated ones in my inventory. All equipment slots full with non-bloated ones. And then I went afk. Youch! Way too easy to die!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 08, 2010, 09:51:51 am »

What can I say about this except "You wrought this upon you yourself?"
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 08, 2010, 10:37:42 am »

I didn't have much choice, did I now. I was at 3 hard HP and there are no sheep anywhere near, so no way we can maek gauzes.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 08, 2010, 10:57:01 am »

I didn't have much choice, did I now. I was at 3 hard HP and there are no sheep anywhere near, so no way we can maek gauzes.
You should have done one at a time, each will drain (quality/10) shp twice before being bloated. with only 3hhp then anything more than one is risky.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 08, 2010, 11:24:37 am »

Where is the swamp even at cib?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 08, 2010, 11:54:00 am »

You should have done one at a time, each will drain (quality/10) shp twice before being bloated. with only 3hhp then anything more than one is risky.

I did that and went up to 6 HHP. In the end I had all equipment slots filled with leeches and they didn't do any harm. Then I swapped them, because I noticed they weren't growing anymore. It's just a tiny mistake, that shouldn't get you your whole progress lost.

Mono: Somewhere very very far away.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 08, 2010, 03:05:49 pm »

Won't be -all- progress, assuming you didn't mess with your personal beliefs, you'll get 50% of your stats back if you inherit.

If you were full change, you'll get 25% back, if you were full tradition, you'll get 75% back.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #674 on: January 08, 2010, 08:01:43 pm »

hey guys at our camp, I am thinking we might all want to make small claims right around the edge of our main camp. We can keep the central area as a group workspace, and I dont mean to spread out much at all, just immediately around our central spot.

I will be on tonight.
I got nothing
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 82