Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 108135 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth, 2.0!!!
« Reply #645 on: January 06, 2010, 04:26:10 am »

Nah, that's just your garden variety thief. A griefer would've slain your cattle, harvested your crops and left them to rot, and destroyed every container so it's contents disappear.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 06, 2010, 11:12:17 am »

After thinking 'bout the ordeal, I'd probably want to join TradeFocus. DJ, could you PM me some information about it?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 06, 2010, 11:24:22 am »

PM-ed you, hurry up please, I have to run soon and won't be back for eight or so hours.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 06, 2010, 07:47:33 pm »

Nah, that's just your garden variety thief. A griefer would've slain your cattle, harvested your crops and left them to rot, and destroyed every container so it's contents disappear.

I dont have that much though, so pretty much everything is gone, minus my house for obvious reasons.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Dracor

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [CAN_LEARN] [BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 06, 2010, 11:34:55 pm »

Hey, I just started this game (HnH that is), and I'd like to join the "VIVIT" commune, (or whatever you're calling it) if possible.

I realize this is my first post and I'm an Escaped Lunatic, but I've lurked these forums for quite awhile, and I'd appreciate it if I could join.
'Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 07, 2010, 12:37:22 am »

I am going to start up playing again for the 3rd time. Anyone that can help me out, and/or room with?

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #651 on: January 07, 2010, 01:47:45 am »

you may join us in the middle of nowhere if thats something you are into.
I got nothing

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 07, 2010, 03:47:00 am »

Hey, I just started this game (HnH that is), and I'd like to join the "VIVIT" commune, (or whatever you're calling it) if possible.

I realize this is my first post and I'm an Escaped Lunatic, but I've lurked these forums for quite awhile, and I'd appreciate it if I could join.

There is a number of hearth fires at the VIVIT commune also lots of unclaimed resources (including a mansion now) but both myself and Errol have moved elsewhere due to thieves (I'm assuming some high levels ones as I never saw scents). You might be better off moving out with ductape, or to TF with Errol and DJ. I'm currently located near the Brogar public iron mine (to which I have access)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 07, 2010, 08:01:02 am »

Aaaiiiii! Where have the boats gone?

Wow, we're so far away from Brodgar that I can't travel there with zero travel weariness.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:29:18 am by cib »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 07, 2010, 10:42:13 am »

There is a number of hearth fires at the VIVIT commune also lots of unclaimed resources (including a mansion now) but both myself and Errol have moved elsewhere due to thieves (I'm assuming some high levels ones as I never saw scents). You might be better off moving out with ductape, or to TF with Errol and DJ. I'm currently located near the Brogar public iron mine (to which I have access)

My theory is still that there were people who I gave permission to that did the weird shit, and I'm not angry. However, I moved my hearth fire and changed my hearth secret, so if you wanted to join the commune, get one of the five people having joined to tell you their hearth secret.

Anyway, please keep it marginally maintained.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 07, 2010, 12:08:47 pm »

I found >both< of our boats parked somewhere down the river. Whoever did this is accused of high treason :p

Dracor

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [CAN_LEARN] [BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 07, 2010, 12:48:14 pm »

Hmmm, methinks I'll move out to the middle of nowhere with ductape and co., if he'll have me of course. Middle of nowhere's my kind of thing.  ;)
'Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Synzig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 07, 2010, 12:51:24 pm »

After a few days of hard play, I've had to ask myself a question..

What are we doing?  Once you have a camp set up, and you have access to every object/craft/tradegood/material.. what do you do?

There is no end game, and spending 1.5+ hours a day working my fields for a week has really become boring.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 07, 2010, 01:48:43 pm »

Well, you could be stupid like Waneville and start raiding everywhere.  That seems to be what most of the high-end groups end up doing (Waneville, Xano, the Goons) or you could just peter out. 

However, I'm pretty sure you're no-where near the endgame yet.  Set a goal for yourself, like: tame a cow and breed up to q100 milk, or something similar.  Or perhaps your goal could be more player-interaction based: trade my way so I have every single item the game has to offer at over q50.  Another alternative; go exploring.  Try to map out the world, or find a mine somewhere out in the far reaches of the outer grids.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 07, 2010, 01:50:25 pm »

Goons don't do much actually, we're just peaceful farmers :3
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 82