Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 108145 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth, 2.0!!!
« Reply #630 on: January 05, 2010, 09:29:58 am »

Nope, dudes who'd go to the clay clusterfuck probably would wind up just missing the camp. I'll forbid anyone doing anything with my claim for now (besides shades), as I think it's simply someone else who still has permissions to do stuff. Proof? Hostile people wouldn't clear-harvest my fields but store the seeds. With seedbags made specifically for that purpose, even.

But somebody keeps moving the cupboards and I don't know why. And it's gosh dang irritating.

Heh, we have far too much stuff around to move. Which means... we need to move in a large fashion. With boats filled with chests...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #631 on: January 05, 2010, 09:42:02 am »

You could always help repopulate one of the CoB towns.  Looks like only Crimson Isle is really functional ATM.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Synzig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 05, 2010, 09:45:22 am »

If you need another set of hands or a manned  boat to make the move easier, I'll help.  And for your mansions, I have a 200 tile field that I've let grow out of hand that you can harvest if you want to get a jump on your building.  I can't get the urge to do something with it, myself.

Gauteamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Ignitur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 05, 2010, 10:37:05 am »

Crimson Island

Crimson Island is still reasonably active, but can easily use more manpower.
We have a cow herd, nice fields, good q trees, an iron mine, access to good clay, water, copper and tin.
PM me with hearth secrets if you are interested in joining (the actual process of swearing in may take some time due to limited online time etc.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:44:14 am by Gauteamus »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 05, 2010, 11:09:43 am »

I've taken over lawspeaking in TF, so you can join here as well. There's a tin mine and q 83 water.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 05, 2010, 12:21:32 pm »

AHEM sorry DJ, I meant Crimson Isle and TradeFocus.  Also, I am curious about what is going on with Northplowed and Pigtail.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 05, 2010, 06:01:52 pm »

How do animals reproduce in this game.... I am afraid to go out and slaughter what I found.... CHICKENS! Muhahahahahahaha I found like 30 of them, but I don't want to kill them all if they have to have babies to have more chickens.

EDIT: Also, the chicken feathers are in the cabinets in storage, I was going to build beds, but I didn't know where you would want them.

EDIT2: I found sheep! They are already sheared, which means someone is nearby, but FUCKING SHEEP MAN!!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 06:30:39 pm by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 05, 2010, 06:31:37 pm »

Anyone else upgrade to Windows 7 recently? Doing the same things I did before I upgraded from Vista, I cannot get my client to work.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Synzig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 05, 2010, 06:37:13 pm »

Did you manually update java?  I had an issue with it until I downloaded their latest client.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 05, 2010, 08:13:01 pm »

That would appear to be the problem. Thanks man!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 05, 2010, 08:29:50 pm »

How do animals reproduce in this game.... I am afraid to go out and slaughter what I found.... CHICKENS! Muhahahahahahaha I found like 30 of them, but I don't want to kill them all if they have to have babies to have more chickens.

EDIT: Also, the chicken feathers are in the cabinets in storage, I was going to build beds, but I didn't know where you would want them.

EDIT2: I found sheep! They are already sheared, which means someone is nearby, but FUCKING SHEEP MAN!!

I don't think animals actually reproduce, they just spawn randomly. But I'm not sure, I could be wrong.

If you need another set of hands or a manned  boat to make the move easier, I'll help.  And for your mansions, I have a 200 tile field that I've let grow out of hand that you can harvest if you want to get a jump on your building.  I can't get the urge to do something with it, myself.

I also offer my extremely limited resources to your plans if need be.

Finally, is there a verified source of metal that any of you guys know of?
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 05, 2010, 09:12:33 pm »

Waaaargggghhhhh. Server crash AND the site down... WTF.

We had JUST finished taming a COW, after 5 or 6 friggin bulls. We were moving it to an enclosure... OMG. We are so gonna freak if it's gone.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 05, 2010, 09:24:16 pm »

Tamed animals reproduce, but wild animals, including chickens, just spawn.  So feel free to indulge in chicken massacre.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 05, 2010, 09:26:21 pm »

Phewt. Thank Armok. Cow still there.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 05, 2010, 11:17:20 pm »

Somebody stole from me as well, they took my boat and the meats I had been saving for stat gains. I had even left a runestone asking people NOT to steal my stuff (though I suppose it just invited more trouble). Damn griefers...
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 82