Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 108154 times)

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth, 2.0!!!
« Reply #615 on: January 04, 2010, 08:21:49 pm »

Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #616 on: January 04, 2010, 09:41:13 pm »

whoever expanded the fields, nice job. It looks excellent.
I got nothing

Synzig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 04, 2010, 09:45:39 pm »

My camp has QL50-55 clay/dirt.  Just noticed!  Can soil QL change?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 04, 2010, 11:00:51 pm »

No, it's fixed.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #619 on: January 04, 2010, 11:03:10 pm »

it was broken?  ;D
I got nothing

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 04, 2010, 11:53:19 pm »

Ductape, I found the fields expanded to, but with some fencing missing. Also, the site I was talking about is pretty close to our camp, northeast near a huuuuge lake.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #621 on: January 05, 2010, 12:55:23 am »

ooo it sounds nice. the lake is where i got the sand.
I got nothing

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 05, 2010, 03:30:56 am »

I found a quality 24 clay, quality 35 soil area. That might be an ideal place for us to move, if we ever decide to. It looks promising.

It doesn't really seem worth it to relocate anywhere based on such low ql resources if you ask me. It's relatively easy to get 75ql clay (from the 82ql clusterfuck area) and you only really need so much of it. If you find high (70+) ql soil and water in a near proximity then that would be worth it imo. As far as I can tell these are the only two resources that are a bit of a pain to get enough with a couple of boat-filled-with-chests loads. (water for leather and both for trees).

That said I'm currently in the process of relocating due to thieves being annoying so if you do find a good area and want more people let me know :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #623 on: January 05, 2010, 04:11:36 am »

likewise if you find something.

We are currently pretty far north of brodgar, at least that is what Jorb told me when his visited our camp in his floppy blue hat.
I got nothing

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 05, 2010, 04:27:25 am »

likewise if you find something.

We are currently pretty far north of brodgar, at least that is what Jorb told me when his visited our camp in his floppy blue hat.

Your probably not all that far from the high ql clay then. That is also way north of brodgar.

There is a place with good soil not that far from there too, I might end up going somewhere there. But I've yet to find nice water outside the maingrid.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 05, 2010, 04:51:58 am »

Your probably not all that far from the high ql clay then. That is also way north of brodgar.

"Pretty far north of Brodgar" probably spans an area that you would take a few hours to travel from one end to another :p

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 05, 2010, 06:17:44 am »

"Pretty far north of Brodgar" probably spans an area that you would take a few hours to travel from one end to another :p

You underestimate what I consider far :P

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 05, 2010, 08:41:34 am »

Yeah, it seems we have a boozehound around... radically downing permissions... blah blah blah. It gets annoying, and I'd not like to leave the mansion behind :( But, I'd always consider relocating to whereever you are or will be, Shades. If more stuff gets stolen. And you set up a mansion where you are. It's going to be sort of lonely without you.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 05, 2010, 08:43:26 am »

Considering that you guys are on the path to the Q82 Clay Clusterfuck, dudes heading up there to get the high quality clay are probably jacking your shit as they go past.

You're really not that far out of civilised space, and you're on a well-known river path, so it's not like you're gonna be hard to find.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 05, 2010, 09:28:06 am »

Considering that you guys are on the path to the Q82 Clay Clusterfuck, dudes heading up there to get the high quality clay are probably jacking your shit as they go past.

You're really not that far out of civilised space, and you're on a well-known river path, so it's not like you're gonna be hard to find.

Yer it's possible, I've been scouting off the beaten track and will continue to do so, ideally close enough to HQ stuff for it to be easy to get and far enough away to be ignored by others :) A tall order I think.

Yeah, it seems we have a boozehound around... radically downing permissions... blah blah blah. It gets annoying, and I'd not like to leave the mansion behind :( But, I'd always consider relocating to whereever you are or will be, Shades. If more stuff gets stolen. And you set up a mansion where you are. It's going to be sort of lonely without you.

We can always build more mansions, never ending mega projects :) it'll be faster next time too as it's only really the wheat that takes effort.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 82