Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 108191 times)

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth, 2.0!!!
« Reply #480 on: December 31, 2009, 04:05:27 pm »

An update on my aimless journey towards Bay12donia:  I've found a peculiar meeting of five rivers with a runestone marking "Clevelandian Cut".    This should serve as bearing enough for me in exploring everything connected to my base through water.

Perhaps someone has seen it before?

Strange, I'm right above an intersection of 5 rivers, I'll have to go look for a runestone.

My hearth secret is "lolwat" if anyone's interested

EDIT: nope, I have 6 rivers, but I am making a runestone.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:09:18 pm by Chicken Launcher »
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 31, 2009, 04:09:16 pm »

Intersection of five rivers...

Do you find it on this by any chance?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 31, 2009, 04:14:19 pm »

Unfortunately no, but if you see a 6 river intersection with a runestone, "chicken launching intersection," head up and to the left and you'll see my camp eventually.

EDIT: oh, and my name is "failure," describing my first two attempts at playing a character.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:16:31 pm by Chicken Launcher »
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 31, 2009, 04:15:48 pm »

The easiest way would be drowning your char and then using the Sherlock guy in the character creation room to spawn near someone else. IE my hearth secret is VIVIT, so if you tell him VIVIT you'll spawn near me (and Shades)

Or you go to someone else, but we are fairly advanced (we have a mansion with a cellar, and these things are a pain in the rear end to build, and Shades gets hi-q stuff from god knows where)

There is no way telling where you are. You can travel to Brodgar, but you might not even have enough AGI for that. It's just you in the wilderness, baby, but you could try to match up your surroundings with the main grid map.

Ah, alright then. I supposed that he had something to do with it. I'll just create a new character and do that.

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 31, 2009, 04:18:10 pm »

The easiest way would be drowning your char and then using the Sherlock guy in the character creation room to spawn near someone else. IE my hearth secret is VIVIT, so if you tell him VIVIT you'll spawn near me (and Shades)

Or you go to someone else, but we are fairly advanced (we have a mansion with a cellar, and these things are a pain in the rear end to build, and Shades gets hi-q stuff from god knows where)

There is no way telling where you are. You can travel to Brodgar, but you might not even have enough AGI for that. It's just you in the wilderness, baby, but you could try to match up your surroundings with the main grid map.

Ah, alright then. I supposed that he had something to do with it. I'll just create a new character and do that.

I'll follow your lead - new character for VIVIT!

Synzig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 31, 2009, 04:31:35 pm »

Yes!  I'm camped 5 minutes away from Zebra crossing!

edit:  Thanks for the map, by the way.  I'll now be able to make the trek to Brodgar to get some much needed supplies.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:40:47 pm by Synzig »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 31, 2009, 04:58:33 pm »

I'm somewhere near 4 Points. Just as info.

Yay for two new hearth fires! Come back to the claim if you want to get kinned and all that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 05:01:56 pm by Errol »

Synzig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 31, 2009, 05:00:14 pm »

Is there anything you're looking to trade for?  I would kill for some leather.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 31, 2009, 05:02:38 pm »

Leather... well, I'll text Shades about it. Should be piece of cake essentially.

I'd like nettles and/or chantrelles in return. Two per piece of leather.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 05:04:16 pm by Errol »

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 31, 2009, 05:31:46 pm »

Started. I may appear at some point in the future, assuming my computer does not blow up first.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Synzig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 31, 2009, 05:57:54 pm »

Okay.  I'm heading to you guys.  Who can I contact for more specific directions?

EDIT: I've set up a temporary camp at Five Points until I can get in contact with someone.  Feel free to message me in game.  My character's name is Synzig.

EDIT2:  At Four Points.. I stumbled across the self-proclaimed "Brodgar 2".  They weren't very friendly.

EDIT3:  I've made it to my destination with the help of some blind luck!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:05:36 pm by Synzig »

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #491 on: December 31, 2009, 07:51:15 pm »

Hey all, i think joining up with the VIVET peeps is a great idea, and I may make an alt for that sometime.

However if you are the pioneer type and want to be out in the middle of NOWHERE and build a settlement up from scratch, theres a few of us doing just that right now. We dont have any high quality stuff, we are still trying to find wheat but we have hemp and grapes and some other cool stuff going on. Best of all, we rarely see anyone yet so its really feels like a survival experience trying to make ends meet.

anyway, if you interested ask me, cib, or zchris
I got nothing

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 31, 2009, 08:07:44 pm »

Somebody has been felling trees to the northwest, ductape.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 31, 2009, 08:35:40 pm »

Met Synzig. Sorry about that by the way, I was AFK.

Anyways, a couple of dumb moves on my part left me without food or any way to feed myself. Currently, I am starving to death in a little camp somewhere north of Errol's land.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 31, 2009, 08:39:41 pm »

Met Synzig. Sorry about that by the way, I was AFK.

Anyways, a couple of dumb moves on my part left me without food or any way to feed myself. Currently, I am starving to death in a little camp somewhere north of Errol's land.

If you can make it to Errols place I have some spare meat and there is fruit trees around.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 82