Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 108271 times)

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth, 2.0!!!
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2009, 01:43:32 pm »

Head north of the Ring of Brodgar, into the town of Brodgar. West of the idol (skull on minimap) you'll see crossroads. One of them leads to Novigrad. Travel there. Don't chop down any trees there for any reason. You can pull out stumps if you need blocks, though, and you may find some logs on the ground.
Thanks a lot! I might start playing again later tonight. This is some good info!

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2009, 01:47:43 pm »

Also, remember not to drop anything in a claim, since you won't be able to get it back.
I was lucky enough to be on IRC instantly, and ended up getting a grand tour of the main grid, before logging off in my boat and drifting to god knows where.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2009, 01:53:55 pm »

Also, remember not to drop anything in a claim, since you won't be able to get it back.
I was lucky enough to be on IRC instantly, and ended up getting a grand tour of the main grid, before logging off in my boat and drifting to god knows where.
I dropped my boat on another claim once picking up a friend, but I told everyone on IRC and someone came and got it back for me.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2009, 02:41:55 pm »

Yeah, IRC's useful in that it has a multitude of willing/stupid people on it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2009, 04:08:39 pm »

Thanks for the advice! Found some free accessible fruit trees near there! Currently training up skills with making unbaked teapots :)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2009, 04:10:24 pm »

Thanks for the advice! Found some free accessible fruit trees near there! Currently training up skills with making unbaked teapots :)
Yup thats a good way. Just gotta find a nice patch of trees and apple trees, train up.. get wheelmaking.. then make a boat and get out. Thats my plan.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2009, 05:06:02 pm »

Head north of the Ring of Brodgar, into the town of Brodgar. West of the idol (skull on minimap) you'll see crossroads. One of them leads to Novigrad. Travel there. Don't chop down any trees there for any reason. You can pull out stumps if you need blocks, though, and you may find some logs on the ground.

directly west of the idol is a river, cant cross that.

so cant go west, i went east. spent half an hour walking and got to a dead end blocked by peoples land i cant cross.

I wish i could see what you guys like about this game, but it plainly sucks. I have tried twice now to get out of the heavily settled area at the beginning and I cant.

Maybe I will try again someday. But im sure it will still suck.

EDIT: I did try again, this time i went north from the idol and went around the river and then tried to go west, ran into people prpoerty and another river so i started skirting the river to the north. Dodging property lines I made it for another half hour or so then passed out due to travel weariness. I gave up and quit playing again.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 06:00:40 pm by ductape »
I got nothing

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2009, 05:38:07 pm »

It really helps if you have someone to guide you out.
Also, you should have headed north until the red thing on the minimap, there are crossroads there that go to most places.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 19, 2009, 06:21:21 pm »

Aaaagh! How the hell do i get out of the starting area >:(

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2009, 06:37:52 pm »

Head north.
I'd come help you, but I need around 85 agility to TP to Brodgar from where I am.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2009, 06:40:00 pm »

It really helps if you have someone to guide you out.
Also, you should have headed north until the red thing on the minimap, there are crossroads there that go to most places.

How brilliant of the devs to make this such an unfriendly place for beginners.

And i did go to the big red skull thing on the minimap. basically, yeah just roads going places full of claimed land and rivers and no trees.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 06:41:31 pm by ductape »
I got nothing

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2009, 06:44:28 pm »

The devs only made the stone ring that you see. Everything else is Yolan and the City of Brodgar being retards.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2009, 06:45:42 pm »

So why is the ring of brodgar so horrible?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2009, 06:51:26 pm »

Last map it was a barren wasteland with noone to guide newbies.
This map, it is a barren wasteland with noone to guide newbies, with a sprawling slumlands that keeps newbies so confined and walled in that they can't just walk away from it.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2009, 06:52:00 pm »

as a new player, you begin inside the ring. For miles and miles there is nothing for you to do but try and weave your way through property claims, walls and rivers so you can maybe get to a place to try and grind up some basic skills.

Hopefully you can make it out before you collapse from exhaustion like I did or get trapped in a dead-end of the walls, cliffs, property claims, and rivers. Maybe you will eventually find a tree tat is not claimed where you can pull a few sticks of and make some fires to get enough skill points to do anything.

I played this game earlier, before Bottleneck was even formed. In my opinion, they should have made the land directly around the ring unsettle-able  and had periodic trash wipes and tree/rock respawns. It would be easy enough to make up some magical story/reason why this happens.
I got nothing
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 82