Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 108288 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth, 2.0!!!
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2009, 04:23:43 am »

You know, forcefielding (=claiming) your stuff usually is a good way to protect it. Perhaps it was a friend of yours, or do you know them well enough?

But not being on the main grid means you've got an okay means of not getting visited, as you need to haul your boat up. No river connection, and nobody wants to spend 15 minutes to get to my place just to steal a few seeds.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2009, 07:08:10 am »

Okay so I finally got off my fat ass and registered (it took all of 10 seconds so why I didn't do it before I don't know)

I'll probably wonder around and try things for a bit, but joining the rest of the bay12 guys would be good :)

Edit: I have no idea what I'm doing...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 07:17:26 am by Shades »
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2009, 07:37:50 am »

Wow, I believe an admin (I'm sure he they had admin powers and weren't just carrying a boat around in their pocket) just visited me while I logged on to tend the meagre crops I have while my friends are offline, they chatted with me a little, praised our efforts to build a semi-functional camp (though nothing is claimed yet, we've only been playing a few days and sporadically at that) and that we'd stuck it out in an area with only 1 tree near the start point of the game for so long.

Then, gave me a boat! Telling me I'd find lush forests beyond the rivers.

A boat! Made of boards! Boards which are impossible for me to get as I only have access to 1 tree for as far as I've wandered (quite far) around the area we started at. Oh joy of joys! Now I can sail away to unknown lands full of other trees. Non-claimed trees!

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2009, 07:45:00 am »

I have journeyed far and wide.
First to Novigrad,then to the very north east of the main grid. Then back to brodgar. And, finally, To Goontopia. It's more magnificent that I could have imagined..
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2009, 08:12:56 am »

And you have seen like only a couple of percentages of the world. Granted, most of it is boring old forest, but still there's tons of places to explore.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2009, 12:32:39 pm »

hah, Yeah..
I'll probably go on a massive exploration sometime.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2009, 01:49:29 pm »

Me and my friend finally hunkered down and we have cabins now.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2009, 02:13:16 pm »

Victory :) I have built a boat and am now buzzing around on the rivers.

I still have no idea what to do next though, if any of you want a newbie to join up with them I'm happy to turn up.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2009, 07:47:58 am »

II'd advise asking n the forums for a place of residence/village to join.
Also hunting is epic.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2009, 08:17:29 am »

Victory :) I have built a boat and am now buzzing around on the rivers.

I still have no idea what to do next though, if any of you want a newbie to join up with them I'm happy to turn up.

I am always welcoming people. The waydesc... Lake west of brodgar -> long SW-NE river straight until it ends (you should pass codexia) -> the NW river -> carry your boat northward if you see a stone road (and possibly a stone mansion) -> eastward, I am at the grassland. Not the main grid anymore, but close.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2009, 08:44:02 am »

I am always welcoming people. The waydesc... Lake west of brodgar -> long SW-NE river straight until it ends (you should pass codexia) -> the NW river -> carry your boat northward if you see a stone road (and possibly a stone mansion) -> eastward, I am at the grassland. Not the main grid anymore, but close.

I'll wonder over this evening (uk timezone), I'm currently way down south near the bottom of the map from the maplib link (which I think is the main grid square?)

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2009, 10:31:48 am »

The maplib link is the maingrid, yes.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2009, 02:11:12 pm »

Hmm, somebody seems to have arrived. I have spotted a boat. However, nobody is anywhere to be found. It is a mystery...

e: Boat's filled with skeletons and someone stole my metal. Whoever is responsible for this, he's going down. Sorta. It's a weird thing they only stole the copper as far as I can see. On an unrelated note, there has been a settlement cropping up near me, a few screens down, an unactivated idol. The unpleasant runestones there lead me to believe that it might be wise to pack up and move...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 02:28:20 pm by Errol »

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2009, 02:27:59 pm »

I've only just made it to the lake so it's not my boat.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2009, 02:30:46 pm »

Yea, tracking the hearth, currently. I might leave them an unpleasant note or something. There's not much I can do.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 82