Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 107974 times)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth, 2.0!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 07:28:09 am »

looks good, will try it out as it's FREEEEEEEEEE!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 05:14:10 pm »

I was tempted to try it with the shiny "2.0", as I never played the original (I hate grinding), but the bitching about it has dissuaded me.
Completely free, no item-shop or 'possible' upgrade to Prem, totally and completely free.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 08:05:10 pm »

I still am left trying to power up to Bear-Slayer levels.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2009, 08:18:10 pm »

I quit after i couldnt figure out how to use my damn fishing rod.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 11:11:41 pm »

I had a leather tanning encampment across the river (AT the riverside) from where that guy stole my boat.  Luckily no one took my crappy leather, so now I have a backpack.  It's pretty sweet.

Whatever it was I was doing left me a bunch of exp, such that I was able to afford Yeomanry.  So I bought that and claimed an abandoned house down the stream from my leather camp, which is probably going to be abandoned as I can't secure it.

Overall I think this game is pretty sweet.  I suppose the next thing for me to do is grind until I can punch out foxes - may take a while, as my FEP bar has mysteriously gotten stuck at 3/11.  I've only gotten one point from it ever.  :\  It hasn't moved at all since... maybe three hours after I started playing?  I've eaten enough rabbit that it SHOULD be doing something, I think.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2009, 11:37:18 pm »

Quality level determines how many FEP's you gain from a food, so more likely than not your rabbits are below the minimum point.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2009, 12:56:03 am »

Oh, I see.  Cooking is levelable, right?  Time to grind that up then I guess.

Does my cooking fire affect the QL?  An apple tree by Novigrad has, like, QL 49 branches or something.

And yeah, I haven't been eating any raw meat.  Just raw apples and mulberries.  Millions and millions of apples and mulberries.

I think once I find enough plant fibre to build an herbalist table I'll try to reforest Novigrad's surrounding area.  That sounds fun.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2009, 04:23:30 am »

Where's your claim? I'll drop off some fibre and some flax seeds there.

Also, for hunting, bows are your best bet, because they're the most accurate skill. It only takes 50 marksmanship to slay a level X bear, and those suckers give 21k LP at full peace and full change. Of course, if the bear gets to you he'll knock you out in no time, but that's why you hunt from boats. Animals don't swim, so you can shoot them with impunity if you're on a boat.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2009, 05:40:05 am »

Like I said in my main post though, do not piss of the Goon community. Delamore has only been killed once, by a highly organized and highly effective raid done by Xanadu and his/her strongest warriors. As far as I can tell, the Goons have been hunting down the Hounds since then.

Actually, it looks like the goons have foresworn Del because of all the hound attacks, and Sabitani is leading them now.  The world, hopefully has become a bit safer.
Of course, you still have the grind and the foxes to deal with.  ;)
BTW, foxes are to newbs what carp are to fisherdwarves.  Be careful about fighting them.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2009, 06:49:59 am »

There were the good ol' times, back on the first world, when we were just establishing Bottleneck, when foxes would regularily invade and slaughter everything... good times...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2009, 08:36:34 am »

Anyone want to start up the 12th Bay?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2009, 11:56:14 am »

There were the good ol' times, back on the first world, when we were just establishing Bottleneck, when foxes would regularily invade and slaughter everything... good times...

Hell yes!

We were caught between fire and death, and we never relented. It took strength, perseverence, and simple bloody-mindedness, but in the end, we won. Those were truly glorious days.

Somehow, in all of the months playing H&H afterward, I never managed to recapture that feeling. Maybe that's why I left, or maybe it was just my naturally short attention span, whatever. I suppose the fact that H&H managed to capture and hold my attention for more than four months is testament to it's gameplay.

I've heard that quiet has come to the hearthlands, and that some people are willing to give peace a chance. If that's true, then I might give it another go, but I have to finish my Pokedex first. ;)
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2009, 05:32:54 pm »

So here I am, trying to jumpstart a new settlement for Bay12 and other friends, but I need 2 more dreams or a yarn for a dream catcher. Could anyone help a brother out on either?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2009, 06:18:57 pm »

Hell yes!

We were caught between fire and death, and we never relented. It took strength, perseverence, and simple bloody-mindedness, but in the end, we won. Those were truly glorious days.

Somehow, in all of the months playing H&H afterward, I never managed to recapture that feeling. Maybe that's why I left, or maybe it was just my naturally short attention span, whatever. I suppose the fact that H&H managed to capture and hold my attention for more than four months is testament to it's gameplay.

I've heard that quiet has come to the hearthlands, and that some people are willing to give peace a chance. If that's true, then I might give it another go, but I have to finish my Pokedex first. ;)
Xanadu, a player in HnH, recruited people from all over the hearthlands-The goons, oh the horrible goons were demanding payment or else those villages who did not pay would be destroyed. But, Xanadu organized a force called 'Xanadu's Hounds'

This was one of the biggest raids to date, in a huge attempt, they attacked the Capitol City of the goons, smashed through 4 layers of brick walls and killed the leader, Delamore.

All was well, but the goons are coming back. They tried to claim the entire game for themselves and, in the end, defeated.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2009, 07:36:03 pm »

Is there their wild unclaimed wilderness? If so I am go to play again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 82