Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 107962 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.
« Reply #1200 on: June 15, 2010, 02:04:01 pm »

I probably won't be playing anytime soon today, or even playing anything at all till the end of the week. Tests be drawing closer, and apparently people liked the idea of paying me to maker higher Q papers for them IRL. It'll take most of my time, but it'll be the easiest 285$ I ever earned in me life.

Bless you, lazy people with money.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: June 15, 2010, 02:32:49 pm »

hahah, at my high school, I'm friends with all  the stoners... they all pay me to do their math, so much money :D
anyways found the cart in the mine, started mining, and roads largely done.
Nom nom nom

nefty

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: June 15, 2010, 07:41:23 pm »

I've been looking for a game like this for a while. Can't seem to get it to run in chromium on linux, however. I have openjdk6 instead of the proprietary jvm though, so that might have something to do with it...

Edit: I see beehives, which means honey. Does that mean there is mead? If you can make mead, I'm all over this.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:47:44 pm by nefty »

Nonsapient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: June 15, 2010, 08:12:43 pm »

Took me a bit of hunting to get it to work in Ubuntu,  but it does now.

You can also try downloading Pacho's client here.

Download the linux version and in the terminal, go to the folder you extracted it to and run this command:

java  -Xms256m -Xmx512m -Djava.library.path="/YOURPATHTOHAVENHERE" -jar haven.jar sh.seatribe.se

with YOURPATH etc being replaced with wherever you're running it from.

nefty

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: June 15, 2010, 08:26:30 pm »

Took me a bit of hunting to get it to work in Ubuntu,  but it does now.

You can also try downloading Pacho's client here.

Download the linux version and in the terminal, go to the folder you extracted it to and run this command:

java  -Xms256m -Xmx512m -Djava.library.path="/YOURPATHTOHAVENHERE" -jar haven.jar sh.seatribe.se

with YOURPATH etc being replaced with wherever you're running it from.

Brilliant, it works! Thanks a bunch.
Now to see if it will even run reasonably playable on this 1.6 GHz Atom in my netbook. I'm not going to hold my breath, freaking Java

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: June 16, 2010, 07:30:54 am »

Gah, sorry for yesterday's absence, folks, but my utilities were in a state of rebellion (power outage in the AM, water troubles in the PM) and by the time that and my usual work were done, I was bone tired and generally zonked.

General responses:

Thanks for finishing the mansion, Dakk! That one's going to be silk production. Once I decide where to put it, we're going to have an inn/tavern/restaurant for proper feasting, so we'll have a place for all that excess straw soon enough.

Everybody who is/wants to be part of the village should sign up at our private forums (in my sig), as I've been attempting to keep instructions up there. As kilakan evidently found out, I have to edit your permissions before you can see anything, though.

Unfortunately the only types of booze available at the moment are wine and beer (and wine outclasses beer except in a few extreme corner cases). We'll probably see more booze once the inventory system is retweaked, though.

Java aside, the client is pretty much completely non-optimized because the devs have taken an 'if it's not completely broken, don't worry about it at all' approach to most stuff thus far. Good luck getting it to run.

Oh, right. I noticed kilakan was evidently working the mine. I would really appreciate it if people only did that once they get to full Industry on the Personal Beliefs slider. That way the ore gets a much better chance of actually becoming usable, and we get max payoff on the pain in the ass it is to use our mine. Then again, I appreciate you taking initiative (I haven't seen the road, but thank you for doing it! We could certainly use some). Using the mine without full Industry isn't a huge deal, but eh. If you really want to, go ahead, but I'd prefer you wait.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 07:43:00 am by KoE »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: June 16, 2010, 09:28:53 am »

I'm a TINY bit off from full industry, and since I've both been the one smelting and mining, I figured, eh screw it, I don't mind walking a bit extra, anyways, I made two scythe's, and 5 pans, so we can all have our own cooking pan... borrowing one all the time was annoying, they are only around Q22, but I needed the LP to get smithing, sooo.  Anyways, if anyone wants anything metal now, just message me, or post it here.
Nom nom nom

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: June 16, 2010, 09:12:56 pm »

I'll be joining back tomorrow, after I get back form college and study for the other test after tomorrow. Once test weeks end I'll have loads more time.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: June 18, 2010, 08:48:39 am »

Ugh. My adventures in amateur plumbing have evidently not come to an end. Most of yesterday was spent on that, and the morning (here) crashes have kept me from even getting in some playtime then. Today's probably going to be much the same. Sorry, folks.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: June 23, 2010, 02:20:57 pm »

Back from another gaming vacation. I love the new feasting mechanic.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1210 on: June 23, 2010, 02:38:25 pm »

Back from another gaming vacation. I love the new feasting mechanic.

Seriously meh in my opinion. High-level players may find it interesting, but it still does nothing to fix the glaring flaws still present in the low-level game, namely that it exists.

I say start everybody off with 50 in each att. and 2 million LP or something.

And they really need a way to make it possible for low-level players to make things that are in demand by high-level players outside of cloth.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 23, 2010, 02:45:26 pm »

Cloth, junksilk, roads, and shitloads of bricks is all most people need really.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: June 23, 2010, 02:48:42 pm »

Okay, I might get this..
If someone told me what to do? Please.
Like how do I get to our wonderful settlements?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: June 23, 2010, 02:55:22 pm »

Okay, I might get this..
If someone told me what to do? Please.
Like how do I get to our wonderful settlements?

Well, if you already have a character, that character has a 99% chance of being SoL, due to the wilderness spawn feature. For a new character, you just need to acquire the hearth secret of someone in the town, give the secret to the Sherlock Holmes dude, and take the downwards stairs. I'm having trouble finding it, but someone made a great tutorial on the forums, and it will probably be on the wiki also.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: June 23, 2010, 06:30:56 pm »

Well, if you already have a character, that character has a 99% chance of being SoL, due to the wilderness spawn feature. For a new character, you just need to acquire the hearth secret of someone in the town, give the secret to the Sherlock Holmes dude, and take the downwards stairs. I'm having trouble finding it, but someone made a great tutorial on the forums, and it will probably be on the wiki also.

Uh, can you translate what you just said?
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82