Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 107975 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.
« Reply #1170 on: June 10, 2010, 12:41:06 pm »

EDIT:

I see Deimos has been around too. Hopefully you got a hand; sorry if you didn't.

Anyway I logged in to see this:

and cooed like a little girl for some reason. It's almost enough to make me want to build a charterstone and set up a shantytown outside our walls. Keyword almost because that's really a stupid idea.

Thats me :P, I don't think making use of all that precious wood in the tree farm to build me a cheap log cabin would be very polite, so I'll just sleep on my d'awwww invoking leanto for now, till I can bring wood from outside.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 10, 2010, 12:44:19 pm »

Huh, I would've expected one. Though I guess there not being one makes just as much sense.

In any case, being near Constantinople has the added bonus of actually being on havenmap.tk, so you can probably boat the lion's share of the way to where you need to be to teleport to the idol (once you're sworn in, of course).

Unrelated note: Tracking sucks. Blurgh. I dunno how people do it.

--

Whoops, Dakk just posted. Yeah I gathered that was you (name pops up over your hearth since you're kin). Nice of you not to jack the good trees. There's a partially-built house that was originally intended to be storage, so you could probably finish that up and squat there.

This also reminds me, as a note to prospectives, I'm not gonna be around much later today and Coriander's out for four days, so recruiting may hit a hitch during that. I'll try to increase my activity to make up for his absence, though.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 10, 2010, 01:51:36 pm »

Does Andoran have access to Metals? I'd be willing to trade anything of value I might have (not much. Some rustroot maybe, Q50 clay?) for just enough for a couple things, even crappy metal would be good :P

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 10, 2010, 06:30:17 pm »

[Insert Rageface]
I was trying to get to Andoran. The travel to Hearth fire key is too close to the travel to village key. Probably wouldn't have worked anyway, too.
Coriander tried to help (Read: turn me into a hirdsman and teleport me over), but apparently travel weariness prevents that.
I suppose I'll try again tomorrow.
edit: if things keep going wrong long enough, I'm saying screw it and taking a swim. :-\
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 10, 2010, 11:00:49 pm »

Its far from impossible as long as you can build a boat and feed yourself on rats and bunnies along the way, it just takes patience. Boars and bears will knock you out sometimes, but really, all it takes is patience. If you want to be safer, carry a dream with ou so you can make a heartfire if you have to log before you get there, and just continue from there.

EDIT: I finished the house and built 9 new cupboards inside it, so we have lotsa extra storage space now.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: June 11, 2010, 07:19:45 am »

Does Andoran have access to Metals? I'd be willing to trade anything of value I might have (not much. Some rustroot maybe, Q50 clay?) for just enough for a couple things, even crappy metal would be good :P

Yes and no. We have a mine (now secure!), but nobody to work it just yet nor is the infrastructure quite ready for smelting. (Yes, that's right, a(n ostensibly) dwarf village and we have no miners. I'm as shocked as you are). I'm working to rectify that, though, and I suppose I should also look to get a sign into Constantinople for trading.

I heard about that, Deimos and that's a shame. Hopefully you'll have better luck today.

And as to Dakk's update, I'll try to work on getting storage more organized now that it's not all stuffed in one tiny building.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 11, 2010, 08:24:57 am »

Well, you can jump to Constantinople from the Buyan marketplace. You got the connection to our marketplace, right? If not it can be arranged, provided you have a complete wall and that people don't have the keys to your wall. Seriously, guys, don't even ask KoE for copies of they keys. 99% of villages that got wrecked were wrecked when raiders got a hold of their keys after killing a village member. Just use crossroads to get out.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: June 11, 2010, 11:16:20 am »

Nil pesters me occasionally to get it done, but I never quite get around to doing it. I honestly haven't even thought about it since a brief thought about the wall update meaning I could get a crossroads sign (maybe).

The only person who has keys is me, and now that we've finally got all the old SP claims declaimed, in-city crossroads setup, and all the wall holes patched, they're going to get retired to an alt vault as is proper. The new guys are very understanding about the whole crossroads setup (plus we actually only have two gates we control). Of course, I imagine that in itself would be considered a problem - there's three gates we don't control, and presumably the keys have either been liberated by Buyan folk or are still in the hands of (likely long-gone) Southpark citizens. I've been meaning to set up rams for those, but with Niltrias missing for the past four days, Cor out on a weekend trip, and the spotty nature of our newer citizen's log-in times, I don't think we'll be getting that done with village labor anytime soon.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 11, 2010, 10:36:13 pm »

Welp, server's down, and I was really up to staying on till very late just restocking the linen cloth cupboard and planting grass all over. Oh well, I stand by my statement: H&H needs a proper server.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 11, 2010, 11:20:03 pm »

You can make rams ingame to bust down gates?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 11, 2010, 11:59:20 pm »

Aye. The dev team likes to add awesome stuff first then fix bugs later, which works fine till the server starts keeling over. Don't get me wrong, the stuff they have done so far is awesome, but its still an alpha, they could give some extra attention to technical issues.
KoE told me they're now working on a replacement system for the LP system, which comes off as rather silly since LP is working out pretty darn fine, there's more important issues they could be looking into.
Well, anyway, its their game, and they're offering it for free, so I can't really complain.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 12, 2010, 08:50:47 am »

They've publicly announced so now.

Though, if the order of issues is any indication (it is probably not so by design; maybe it shall be by coincidence), the order they seem to be tackling things in is:

1) Actually getting a server
2) LP replacement
3) Map gen that doesn't suck (DOWN WITH TERRAIN BLOBS HOO-AH)
4) Crafting revamp

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 12, 2010, 01:48:22 pm »

For point 3, they rather intend to make larger blobs. We will have 'region' blobs with their own special resources and such, with these resources existing on the familiar blobs we know now within the regions. I would think this would necessitate generic crafting.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 12, 2010, 08:39:22 pm »

I've been playing this a bit, and would love to make a new character and join one of the Bay 12 towns.  anyone able to tell me the key to start there?
Nom nom nom

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 13, 2010, 07:13:02 am »

As a heads up, it's probably best to drop me a PM if you're asking for membership. I've got everything setup so that if I'm online but not checking out the forums, it'll send me an e-mail and GTalk will pester me about it.

And blaaaaaaaah. Frickin' blobs'll aren't gonna be gone anytime soon. Oh, well.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 82