Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 108004 times)

Jesse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.
« Reply #1065 on: May 10, 2010, 05:07:38 pm »

This looks life fun, could a please get the HS?
~Jesse

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 10, 2010, 05:11:56 pm »

So how are you deciding on who's a true b12er to join your town? I'd like to join if possible, I've donated to b12 if that counts for anything.

I think they were saying that the town is not just theirs. They can't let you in just because you're B12. At least that's what I got from it.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 10, 2010, 05:36:54 pm »

Oh woops, I miss read. I thought it was only for b12ers.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 10, 2010, 07:53:48 pm »

I can't get it to work.
Movement lags so much that it's impossible to even make a character.
Any idea?

Update your graphics driver what-cha-ma-jiggit. I had an old one, and lighting features didn't work, images were chunky, and lag was terrible. Updated, runs smoothly.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 10, 2010, 08:37:45 pm »

I don't know if New Dorenzil is entirely dead or not, but I still see Quasic (as far as I know, the lawspeaker) on the  game's forums now and then. Maybe not lately now that I think about it, but eh. I know they weren't in good shape for a while, but I dunno if they've recovered or not.

If you get word on what the New Bottleneck admission policy for old hands, sonerohi, I'd like to hear about it as well. I'm headed out to D4 / (1,-1) / whatever it is now in any case. I actually haven't decided if I want to seek membership or not so I don't want you to push for it or anything, I'm just curious.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 10, 2010, 09:07:06 pm »

I is asking around. It seems to have some democracy involved, which means we are looking at 5-7 years for a consensus  ;).
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: May 10, 2010, 09:08:33 pm »

We need an IRC server.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 11, 2010, 01:44:48 am »

@ Vattic: Things are pretty stable. Occasional muscle flexing leads to bullcrap situations, but for the most it seems good. I still remember you, I'm going to ask around about what we do now for getting people to join.

Cool, I remember you too. Luckily it won't be until after Wednesday that I'll be able to play anyway so no hurry getting consensus. I'm still not sure what role I'll want to play nor what gaps there are to fill.

Cheers.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: May 11, 2010, 05:52:16 am »

im thinking about joining this game again, what are the current B12 settlements?
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: May 11, 2010, 09:39:42 am »

I hopped in to give it a shot once more, and see what work's been done on it. Woke up in the pantry of an empty B12 settlement with fallow fields. I wandered around for a time, got killed by a boar, trudged through a swamp to get some leeches, snatched up some chickens and a rooster, and ran into a homesteadder. I built a Lean-too and a spruce bough bed, and am napping in it now.

Out of curiosity, is there any way to get large ammounts of clay anymore? The current system of being able to only dig up 1 unit of clay for an entire sector of the map is... really limiting.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1075 on: May 11, 2010, 10:03:43 am »

I hopped in to give it a shot once more, and see what work's been done on it. Woke up in the pantry of an empty B12 settlement with fallow fields. I wandered around for a time, got killed by a boar, trudged through a swamp to get some leeches, snatched up some chickens and a rooster, and ran into a homesteadder. I built a Lean-too and a spruce bough bed, and am napping in it now.

Out of curiosity, is there any way to get large ammounts of clay anymore? The current system of being able to only dig up 1 unit of clay for an entire sector of the map is... really limiting.

Gotta trade for it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: May 11, 2010, 10:35:57 am »

You can only extract clay in sizeable quantities on clay q points, so you'll have to go find one. If you find a clay point that's q75+, you're rich. Big towns will pay you a decent amount of anything for that. Same goes for soil and water.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: May 13, 2010, 10:16:01 am »

So I'm interested in playing as well.

Would hope that someone could pm me an invite?

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: May 13, 2010, 02:17:32 pm »

I am also looking for a town.

its spring, so it seems dwarfs like to embark now......
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: May 13, 2010, 08:37:33 pm »

Sup, as a member of both bay12games and SA it appears the goons have asked me to come forward and act like a messanger of peace, members of Bottleneck. I'm not aware if you have your own special forum, you probably do, but i'm going to try to get in contact.

I'm not totally sure whether we'll be able to work any deal out, but there seems to be a misconception that the majority of goons are bloodthirsty neckbeards who will stop at nothing to ruin a game for everyone else.

I've only been playing this game a few days, so i'm not totally aware of what the goons might of once been, maybe we were jerks, hell we were probably jerks, if I know goons right. But the goons that were in Xanadu on that raid yesterday were mostly new, I myself had only constructed my first stone mansion a day prior to that raid. And was totally unprepared for the raid that hit us.

But anyway i'm babbling, I'm just looking to see if we can come to some form of agreement, we have left your supergrid as you might of known, but you could probably track us down if you were so inclined, if you havn't already. I just want to make sure that noobs, such as myself, are not slaughtered needlessly in future, as I can tell you I was a little bit upset to find my first ever claim destroyed during the night!

Thanks, A nooby goon.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 82