Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 108107 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth, 2.0!!!
« Reply #780 on: February 13, 2010, 09:51:35 am »

I'd prefer not to commit to any place before we do some serious exploration. Last time things fell apart because people got too attached to their lodgings.

I'll start my royal city maybe a week after he new map is introduced, so I have enough time to find a spot with good water. Clay and soil can be ported in, and we can make fake villages for teleports to any mines we find. But water you really want locally, because you need it all the damn time.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #781 on: February 13, 2010, 09:57:16 am »

Yeah, thats why I commented about the water above.  So, what would be better...all spawning to a newbie camp and fanning out to search for a good spot, or all random-spawning, and when one person finds a good spot, the rest suicide and respawn at that persons Hfire?

Im in favor of the first option, myself.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Pathos

« Reply #782 on: February 13, 2010, 10:45:48 am »

Because as distasteful as their gameplay practices are, it is in fact a legitimate way to play. 'Dick' is a legitimate and accepted play type.

Now at the moment both Jorb and Loftar agree that the game caters to the 'Dick' type far too much, and as the game is developed they intend to massively reduce the impact 'Dick' types have on the game, but it will always be a viable play type.

After all, how would you have raiders if you ban griefing?

It's more their exploitation that pissed me off. Their exploitation and then subsequent bragging about Jorb and Loftar doing pretty much jack shit about it, except taking away a few of their stats.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 13, 2010, 11:08:23 am »

Eh, I died by drowning and then stuff slowly petered out. I'm looking forward to the total reset tho. And perhaps an actual Bottleneck again. One large Bay12 town. That would be cool. One thing nobody remembers is that I selected the spot for the original Bottleneck. Crazy, huh?

Yeah, something like the old bottleneck would be awesome.  And I prefer to think that you and I together picked the spot for the old bottleneck.  :)

Well, I actually thought of a place somewhat more close to the river. Good old times, would like to need to run like hell from foxes again...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #784 on: February 13, 2010, 12:01:02 pm »

yeah, I kinda wish they hadnt nerfed the boars and foxes.  That was one of my fondest memories of the game, the whole town running like hell everytime a fox was spotted.  And really, does it matter to a newb if he is getting killed by a I fox or a X fox?  You get KOd just the same....
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 13, 2010, 12:14:45 pm »

Blaze, if you're reading this, can I get your opinion about Jfloyd?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 13, 2010, 12:17:16 pm »

If you were to play I'd get in again too. Perhaps we should try the wilderness start system?

Sounds like a plan.

I'd prefer not to commit to any place before we do some serious exploration.
I'll start my royal city maybe a week after he new map is introduced, so I have enough time to find a spot with good water.

Agreed, last time I played and moved I ended up having to rebuild everything and lost interest pretty fast. Better if we find the right spot first. I agree about water, although it would be nice to have good soil near by as well (not as important of course).
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 13, 2010, 12:41:21 pm »

If you were to play I'd get in again too. Perhaps we should try the wilderness start system?

Sounds like a plan.

Now to execute it, soldier! Time to make yet another char, heh :D

Hearth secret will be private-messaged pronto.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 13, 2010, 12:57:30 pm »

Alright guys, this time lets actually explore for a good spot. Last time, for whatever reason, when we were supposed to be scouting all over for a good area, someone just decided for everyone else that we would only explore northeast of the RoB.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 13, 2010, 01:13:48 pm »

PM it too me as well, I'll join in. I haven't played cause it got real boring.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 13, 2010, 01:35:51 pm »

well no point scouting yet if the reset is in two weeks :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 13, 2010, 01:41:52 pm »

Is the map going to be the same? If it is, we could get a general area of where we are going. Dunno of quality and stuff is the same though......

EDIT: Well I came back for the sake of it, and apparently you guys claimed the land that we were sharing. I had decided to go do a little mini project, and you stole my bed, boat, and supplies! Naughty naughty people. Anyway, can someone allow me to get on your claim?

EDIT2: Decided to criminal act my way in, nice place. You have changed it quite a bit.

EDIT3: Wait, you DID resettle it right? I'm not like, walking into someone else's area that used to be ours right?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:04:00 pm by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 13, 2010, 03:04:04 pm »

The map will be completely new with nothing in the same place anymore.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 13, 2010, 05:13:18 pm »

Au revoir, my sweet house.  :(

...I haven't logged in in forever, I wonder how much stuff's been looted.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 13, 2010, 05:25:06 pm »

My guess: everything.
Also, for the purpose of having a community, we need to settle on who will be the first person to play, and then settle on a hearth secret so that we can all wilderness spawn together, otherwise we will be scattered on the winds. If noone else steps up, I'll do it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 06:11:02 pm by sonerohi »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 82