Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 107968 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth, 2.0!!!
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2009, 07:36:46 pm »

As previously stated, the map is 25 times bigger than the old one. Enjoy your fuck-tons of uncontested land.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2009, 08:24:07 pm »

Yep. Admins didn't give a world map & with cartography in now people will have to make maps of the new frontier.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2009, 08:59:26 pm »

I spent about half an hour playing pick-up sticks in the starting area, brogdor ring or whatever, got bored and quit. Goddamn this game is grindy like hell. I'd be willing to jump back in if someone is willing to pick me up and help me get out of the starter area.

Evaristo Carriego

• Bay Watcher
  • Gelder
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2009, 09:47:38 pm »

Well, hmm... I started a week ago or so, and whilst still am a sissy farmer, I can bake enough stuff too feed a small-sized settlement - Is Bottleneck still runnin'?

I spent about half an hour playing pick-up sticks in the starting area, brogdor ring or whatever, got bored and quit. Goddamn this game is grindy like hell. I'd be willing to jump back in if someone is willing to pick me up and help me get out of the starter area.

The slum of Brogdar has its charms, really!

But in all seriousness, most people on Haven's IRC channel wouldn't mind to hospice a newcomer or two:

irc://irc.synirc.net/Haven

Hell, even I wouldn't mind to take you under my wing, provided you don't mind to plow my lands in exchange of honey buns. Delicious honey buns.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2009, 09:48:43 pm »

We should play together  :D i might start up again.

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2009, 11:44:01 pm »

Well, hmm... I started a week ago or so, and whilst still am a sissy farmer, I can bake enough stuff too feed a small-sized settlement - Is Bottleneck still runnin'?

Hell, even I wouldn't mind to take you under my wing, provided you don't mind to plow my lands in exchange of honey buns. Delicious honey buns.

Shit, I just started two days ago and I'm farming and stuff, maybe we should start a new bay12 settlement. An active settlement.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2009, 12:07:11 am »

I'm up for it if anyone wants to give it a go this weekend.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2009, 01:39:24 am »

We have Confederation of Bottleneck nowadays, includes Swampcrazed, Dawnforge, Nishatham and Crimson Island. Talk to Hamel about joining Nishatham, I'm lonely here. Just remember not to talk about it, we don't get many visitors here and that's a good thing.

Oh, and if you come here, please don't deforest the whole area. Keep tally of how many trees you cut down, and plant at least as many when as soon as you can.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2009, 06:11:54 am »

Where's your claim? I'll drop off some fibre and some flax seeds there.

Also, for hunting, bows are your best bet, because they're the most accurate skill. It only takes 50 marksmanship to slay a level X bear, and those suckers give 21k LP at full peace and full change. Of course, if the bear gets to you he'll knock you out in no time, but that's why you hunt from boats. Animals don't swim, so you can shoot them with impunity if you're on a boat.
That sounds awesome, but my computer that can actually play HnH suddenly broke down today.  I tried to log in with this other one, but for some reason it wouldn't get past the character select screen.

No really.  :(

This made me think, though.  What're the QL of the trees I'm going to be producing based off of?  Since I'm so n00b they'll probably turn out like QL 4 or something, and end up infesting the area with garbage lumber, good only for grinding.

Also, archery does sound good, but, really, I just want to be able to punch stuff dead.  Big stuff, that is - those rats and frogs aren't as fun.

On an inconsequential matter, I filled one of my urns with rats.  I don't expect the rats to ever do anything, but it's pretty cool having a jarful of vermin.  ...I also left a basket at the edge of some swamp to the southwest full of frogs.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2009, 08:09:32 am »

Does anyone play this around 1800 - 2000 hours gmt time zone or equivalent. My game time would be limited to after work. Technically I could play 1300 for about an hour at lunch time too.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2009, 11:24:08 am »

Any ways to get this to run faster? It's the only thing open and takes about 10 secs to open anything
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2009, 11:41:06 am »

I would love to join Bottleneck, but where is it?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2009, 02:08:48 pm »

Please, if you don't know where, join me. (Boat required.)

I posted the desc some time ago... I have all crops you could wish for, a cave, access to good q raw materials and more!

http://www.maplib.net/map.php?id=6075

A boat is pretty much a requirement. (Reqs wheelmaking, oddly. And a lot of boards. I think it was fourty.) Drive to the highest point of the river and haul your boat towards north until you find another river. Follow it to the east, and you will find it diverges in a grassland/bog thingy. Follow the lowest part, and you will see my home. Feel free to get yourself a cabin and stuff.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2009, 03:30:55 pm »

Heh, got a lumberjacking, pottery and carpentry. Will strive for stoneworking now!
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Evaristo Carriego

• Bay Watcher
  • Gelder
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2009, 04:19:20 pm »

(...) Drive to the highest point of the river and haul your boat towards north until you find another river. Follow it to the east, and you will find it diverges in a grassland/bog thingy. Follow the lowest part, and you will see my home. Feel free to get yourself a cabin and stuff. (...)

That would be near Codexia, right? I'm taking on account the very center of the Ring of Brogdar as a starting point, sinceRiver and another river are rather vague indications for a world the size of Hearth.

We have Confederation of Bottleneck nowadays, includes Swampcrazed, Dawnforge, Nishatham and Crimson Island. Talk to Hamel about joining Nishatham, I'm lonely here. Just remember not to talk about it, we don't get many visitors here and that's a good thing.

Oh, and if you come here, please don't deforest the whole area. Keep tally of how many trees you cut down, and plant at least as many when as soon as you can.

Oh, oh, I'd love to join Nishatham! Where may I contact Hamel?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 82