Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 108202 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth, 2.0!!!
« Reply #390 on: December 27, 2009, 07:09:23 am »

Hearth Secret is simple; go into the kin screen at click 'random hearth secret', it'll give you a wierd lettery code.

When you create a new character, there's a dude you can talk to in the character creation area, talk to him and type in the code that someone else has given you, this will cause you to spawn somewhere nearby that players hearthfire.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 27, 2009, 07:21:03 am »

Ah okay..

Tree: someone called 'Stray' claimed your plot :(

If you wanna come back, I can try and talk him into leaving.. I doubt he will listen though..
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 27, 2009, 07:29:38 am »

:(    My 20 silkworms are gone. I don't know if they died in the herbalist table or were stolen. I think the 1st. Damn Christmas and not being able to play for 1 day.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 27, 2009, 07:31:55 am »

Poor martinuzz. :\

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 27, 2009, 07:51:29 am »

Lol. I'll go trade some rings of Brodgar or something for new eggs. Or even try catch some moths myself. Now I know that I can keep the eggs alive if I don't put them in the table.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 27, 2009, 01:04:49 pm »

Me and Ducttape are having issues building a house.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #396 on: December 27, 2009, 02:26:18 pm »

Stray is my new character. Stray = Tree

That is weird that I inherited the claim, thats cool iguess but I have no idea how to get back to it. I am completely lost in the wilds.

I would know how to find it from Brodgar, but I can't travel back to brodgar, guess I am too far.

Being completely lost, and no way to travel to Brodgar, guess that means I am marooned here?
I got nothing

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 27, 2009, 03:10:36 pm »

OK, about shoes: they don't degrade on their own.

Shoes count as armour. Armour has a soak value and a block value. Soaked damage is absorbed without damaging the armour. Blocked value is deducted from the armour's hp, evenly distributed on all the armour you have (can't be more than the block value of an individual piece, though).

Anyway, if you make 0/0 clogs and don't wear any armour, your shoes will never degrade, because they get degraded when you get hit by the animals.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 27, 2009, 03:11:03 pm »

If you seem to lose HHP, it's perhaps because you gain con FEP and that only raises max HP, not hhp? It can appear that it causes you to lose HHP.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 27, 2009, 04:21:24 pm »

Stray is my new character. Stray = Tree

That is weird that I inherited the claim, thats cool iguess but I have no idea how to get back to it. I am completely lost in the wilds.

I would know how to find it from Brodgar, but I can't travel back to brodgar, guess I am too far.

Being completely lost, and no way to travel to Brodgar, guess that means I am marooned here?

Well.. Yeah.. Until you gain enough agility to travel to Brodgar.. Or find out approximately where you are on the supergrid (the supergrid is the game world, consisting of a square of 5x5 maps, Brodgar and my place being in the 'main grid', the one in the center).
Or.. You could suicide and gen a new character, and talk to the SHerlock Holmes dude in the character creation basement. Give him the Hearth secret I PM'd you, and you should spawn close to me.

EDIT: Did you get my PM? Somehow, I can't find it in my outbox..
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 04:42:07 pm by martinuzz »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 27, 2009, 04:43:06 pm »

Stupid server stupid crashing stupid stupid.

Is it down?  I'm behind some crappy airport wifi.  Free from google.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 04:50:33 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 27, 2009, 04:59:19 pm »

Yeah it is down :p

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 27, 2009, 07:22:01 pm »

Okay, I've got this hooked up again, and I'd like to get back into the game. My character has most basic skills (and Yeo, hooray!) and all, but I'm naked and at Brodgar. Where should I go for a safe, DF community? Or would I be better off wandering into the wilderness and plotting a place for myself? This place has grown ten-fold since I last played. And what IRC are we using now?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 27, 2009, 07:36:00 pm »

OK, about shoes: they don't degrade on their own.

Shoes count as armour. Armour has a soak value and a block value. Soaked damage is absorbed without damaging the armour. Blocked value is deducted from the armour's hp, evenly distributed on all the armour you have (can't be more than the block value of an individual piece, though).

Anyway, if you make 0/0 clogs and don't wear any armour, your shoes will never degrade, because they get degraded when you get hit by the animals.

Alternately, you can make Bunny Slippers, which have no armor values at all and thus are indestructible!

Okay, I've got this hooked up again, and I'd like to get back into the game. My character has most basic skills (and Yeo, hooray!) and all, but I'm naked and at Brodgar. Where should I go for a safe, DF community? Or would I be better off wandering into the wilderness and plotting a place for myself? This place has grown ten-fold since I last played. And what IRC are we using now?

I think most of the DFers have all run off and set up little hermitages. I've been trying to get a group together to join me and cow out in the hicks and set up a proper town, but i've had no luck so far :(
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 07:38:07 pm by Neruz »

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 27, 2009, 07:52:59 pm »

we need to set up our secret code so that you guys can join us!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 82