Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 108215 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth, 2.0!!!
« Reply #345 on: December 23, 2009, 09:09:36 am »

Hmm, I'm not on the main grid, my agility is twenty-something and I make the journey to Brodgar with thirty-something percent TW :P
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 23, 2009, 03:28:03 pm »

Ok, so just so we're clear, the map you linked to awhile ago errol (http://www.maplib.net/map.php?id=6075) is that a supergrid, or all the grids, super or otherwise?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 23, 2009, 03:32:10 pm »

Uhm... That the main, first grid. Central one
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 23, 2009, 04:55:10 pm »

Okay, what the hell? do we really need 3x3x25 of those?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #349 on: December 23, 2009, 05:52:19 pm »

theres 25 of those grids, on a 5x5 and yes we do need that many. It is easy to cross the main grid on a boat in a matter of minutes.
I got nothing

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 23, 2009, 05:59:49 pm »

I'm still hoping for the infinite map that expands as people reach the borders. I'll get all my characters together, kitted out for their job as proper as I can, and head off some direction with an inventory filled with rustroot. Won't stop 'til I find an iron mine by water. I'll set up a town, and then explore out a gold mine and a silver mine and claim those for my town. Hopefully.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 23, 2009, 07:20:38 pm »

Pfft, ha ha ha ha.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 23, 2009, 09:16:53 pm »

Tee Hee

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #353 on: December 25, 2009, 10:40:11 pm »

well i had a good run? i had a nice camp and my hhp kept dwindling. I died of some unknown reason, apparently the game developers thought this was a fun feature.

I had a bandage on my head...apparently wasnt working fast enough. NOt sure if I want to bother with it again, but it was fun for a little while.

Martinuz: Tree is dead.
I got nothing

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 25, 2009, 11:36:53 pm »

well i had a good run? i had a nice camp and my hhp kept dwindling. I died of some unknown reason, apparently the game developers thought this was a fun feature.

I had a bandage on my head...apparently wasnt working fast enough. NOt sure if I want to bother with it again, but it was fun for a little while.

Martinuz: Tree is dead.

You get thorns if you walk on forest tiles without footwear, that's what I'm assuming happened. A little icon will constantly appear under your status bars that looks like a foot above a spike; unfortunately they don't have tool tips on status effects which makes them sort of useless. I hate how you literally HAVE to dig through mounds of forum posts to find out about key features. But it is still in alpha..

I've died countless times from really stupid stuff. Normally that wouldn't bother me, but the shear amount of time I put into my first character completely ruined the game for me when I was murdered (for no reason). There was no ancestor worship and my character was full change. Being anything else in a calm environment was silly, exp gain was too slow. I was one of the most powerful characters in the game.. though I was an archer, so the overpowered unarmed skill helped the guy beat me to a pulp within seconds.

It's a much different game now, much more involved, but death is much too unfun for the amount of time and effort it takes to get anywhere or earn anything. What's worse is the game is so exploitable that countless people are ruining the game for others. That's how they get their kicks. Newbies to the game will never get anywhere in comparison with those lucky enough (or elusive enough) to have survived from pre-Ragnarök times.

I finally gave the game another chance after a dozen updates. Needless to say, I accidentally drowned while hunting. Fun.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #355 on: December 25, 2009, 11:49:25 pm »

yes its in alpha and i had a good time. I dont think i want to redo what i have do before dying. The game, as it is is a bit broken and perhaps it should be in tha other thread abotu "bad game design".

All in all, a good time and a valiant effort by a couple of independent developers. They have a lot to learn and I will come back when they figure it out, maybe.

I think they should focus on some of these little details instead of implementing new features, but I guess they want to have fun too. That may be the problem, they see this as a recreation and not a job. If they made some money maybe they would get to the less fun things in the game and fix some of the absolutely RETARDED parts of the game.
I got nothing

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 25, 2009, 11:59:59 pm »

Yes Thorns are deadly in this game.

Seriously after I was killed by a thorn I just constantly make footwear. I wont even wear it but just in case Im sure to carry piles of clogs.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #357 on: December 26, 2009, 12:24:58 am »

i had footwear on since i started a couple weeks ago
I got nothing

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 26, 2009, 01:11:22 am »

If you wandered through a swamp, you may have picked up leeches.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 26, 2009, 01:45:08 am »

You should stop dieing and give them to me.

Im the one who needs them. ::)

EDIT: Leeches+Thorns=VERY VERY VERY BAD

NEVER PUT LEECHES ON YOURSELF WITHOUT WEARING SHOES!

I survived this horrible encounter with 3 hp. Luckily I woke up from my KO in the last minute(I calculated that if I hadent I would have been left with 1 hp) and managed to get the leeches off but still...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 02:50:38 am by cowofdoom78963 »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 82