Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 108273 times)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth, 2.0!!!
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2009, 02:44:30 pm »

I am always welcoming people. The waydesc... Lake west of brodgar -> long SW-NE river straight until it ends (you should pass codexia) -> the NW river -> carry your boat northward if you see a stone road (and possibly a stone mansion) -> eastward, I am at the grassland. Not the main grid anymore, but close.

Done that bit, at the branch in the river above Codexia, heading up the north branch which I assume is right? I'll keep an eye out for a stone road.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2009, 03:39:41 pm »

For anyone who can, I heartily recommend you hunt bears.
They can give 11000+ LP each kill.
AND LOVELY MEAT.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Disaster!

• Bay Watcher
  • Criminal Scum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2009, 06:21:29 pm »

Alright, enough reading, time to check this game out :)
At some time in the future, the civilisation generator will acheive the complexity for self-awareness and independent thought.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2009, 07:54:42 pm »

We have a 4 person camp now. I have an entire cupboard full of deer, fox, and beef. I am the official hunter of the camp and I can kill almost anything with one shot from my QL 138 bow :). I have a tanning station set up now so I can finally get myself a quiver and remake my broken leather Armour.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2009, 10:02:53 pm »

Atomic: What damage are you actually doing, and what level are the animals you are hunting?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2009, 10:40:41 pm »

Atomic: What damage are you actually doing, and what level are the animals you are hunting?
I am hitting from about 130-150. Up too level III, most are IIs or Is

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2009, 11:22:12 pm »

Was a bit wary of the amateurish graphics (and the fact it's built on Java), but I'm giving it a try right now.

I am completely, utterly lost right now.  I have a feeling it's basically impossible to do anything around the newbie spawn point, though, for all the claimed areas around it.  I'd also hate to just start heading in a random direction in the hopes of finding unclaimed wilderness, though, because I can't imagine that'd be a fruitful effort.

Edit: God damn, almost starved because you go through food REALLY fast when chipping stone.  Finally found an unclaimed tree, though, got hunting, and managed to catch and cook a rabbit at least.  I don't think that's going to last me very long, though.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 12:23:44 am by Trorbes »

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2009, 11:31:56 pm »

Naxza, according to my friend who picked up more friends to our camp...

We have a land route to your camp. So you want boar meat, and what else? And what are you willing to trade?

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2009, 12:16:15 am »

A land route? It's pretty far from my camp to the side of the grid. You guys really didn't use a waterway?

Anyways. Boar meat, yeah. In time, I'll have cheese, and I'll be able to trade those, but for now, I've got crops, chantrelles, cave bulbs, and that's about it.
Ah ok. Give me about a week and ill see what I can dig up. What I am looking for is a meat grinder and some rustroot at the moment but I am sure I can find something that you are willing to trade that I will enjoy :)

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2009, 12:38:50 am »

Well luckily I came across a fairly nice (and insecure - sorry, guy) encampment, so I could grind SOME skill, but I was mistaken; food goes fast, period.  Anyway, it was getting dark and I was starting to starve, so I built my hearthfire and called it a night.  Probably tomorrow I'll try to find a more suitable place to camp, or hope I find more food nearby.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2009, 03:21:32 am »

Well luckily I came across a fairly nice (and insecure - sorry, guy) encampment, so I could grind SOME skill, but I was mistaken; food goes fast, period.  Anyway, it was getting dark and I was starting to starve, so I built my hearthfire and called it a night.  Probably tomorrow I'll try to find a more suitable place to camp, or hope I find more food nearby.

When I started I walked east for a while (until it was all trees and unclaimed) and then ate fruit and did the branch collecting thing till I had lp to get pottery then tea pots till I could get wheel-making so I could build a boat and explore.

I still have issues with food but I'm in a safeish location now and there is fruit trees. Once I work out how to get some string I can build a bow and go from there :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 05:59:43 am by Shades »
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2009, 05:39:19 am »

Oh dammit.  The game refuses to let me spawn where I did previously for some reason, so I spawned back at my hearthfire.  That worked... but now I'm across the river and without my boat.

Also, holy crap, when did Novigrad get all this stuff?  When I started it was pretty much just a charter stone with a hut and a really long fence.   Now it's paved to hell and back, with newbie facilities, tutorial stones, and resources all over the place.  I think someone's even reforesting the place!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2009, 09:34:56 am »

Yeah, Nogetsu volunteered to make a tutorial area. As for reforestation, I'm paying people 5 copper coins per planted tree once they reach 3rd growth stage (so I don't pay for badly planted ones), which is decent money for a newbie.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2009, 11:57:32 am »

When I started I walked east for a while (until it was all trees and unclaimed) and then ate fruit and did the branch collecting thing till I had lp to get pottery then tea pots till I could get wheel-making so I could build a boat and explore.

I still have issues with food but I'm in a safeish location now and there is fruit trees. Once I work out how to get some string I can build a bow and go from there :)

I started walking east west but I hit a river pretty quickly and then just followed it north for a while.  Hopefully further north will take me to SOMETHING, but until I am certain I can get by, I'm sticking around where I'm at for now.

Once more unto the breach...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 12:35:37 pm by Trorbes »

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2009, 12:22:23 pm »

I started playing again, and am generally enjoying myself, but it seems today I was robbed, now I remember why I stopt playing:P... tomuch stress over what in the end is nothing T.T...

I'll try and keep playing maybe head deeper into the wilderniss and hope to be left alone =(
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 82