Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: The Flying Machine (Move zig!)  (Read 13472 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: The Flying Machine (Changes needed for entries posted)
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2009, 11:47:52 pm »

Alright, Luke will be added when he's done drawing, same with PillowKiller and Alphie.

Boksi, I will add your ship as soon as I wrap my head around it.

Duke 2.0:
Ammo is counted on the BS scale. But, as a general rule, one cannonball + powder takes you the same space as two cannonballs if you were just to fire them out of a slingshot or some other kinetic weapon. I've stated a 'standard' size for cannon balls, being equal to ballista bolts (5 per tile), plus powder (enough powder for an ammo is the size of the ammo), so you would have 46 tiles, divided by two (between balls and powder) times 5 equals 115. Anyway, your ship should do.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2009, 12:22:40 am »

Yay! done! *collapse*

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2009, 05:44:00 pm »

I was about to comment on the lack of comments on my ship soon. Thanks, particularly for clarifying the ammo rules. I'll try to ASCII-Ify the thing soon.

I also noticed that balloon ships do better with multiple z-levels than balloon ships without them. Instead of all that internal space being abstracted out one can add a ton of lift just by including an extra level of the curve of the balloon.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2009, 08:33:59 pm »

Luke_Prowler is in. I decided that, like the other blimp, I wouldn't count weight against thrust. Giving you a slightly preposterous (hah!) speed of 24, but whatever.

Anyway, once Duke is done, we're shoving off unless anyone else wants to join. Just a warning that the cutoff is soon.

Right now, I'm going to make out map.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2009, 12:23:01 am »

YE MAP!

Warning: it's almost the entirety (cropped some) of an exported large world BMP. 37 megs. Open at own connection risk, when you have time. If this becomes a huge problem I can change it. Anyway, there is a starting point, a midway point, and a finish, with a path drawn between them so you can easily find them all.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 01:13:03 am by Sensei »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2009, 12:28:39 am »

Itnetlolor hasn't been told what to update as of yet. Is he still in?

Edited stats.

Rammbär
   TOP DOWN
       Ω
   ««╔╝╩╚╗»»
  «««║FFB║»»»
 ««««║F B║»»»»
 ««««║FBB║»»»»
   «φφ φφ»
 «φφφφφφφφφ»
«φφφφφφφφφφφ»

Spoiler: Key (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Flying Machine (Map posted, race starts this week)
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2009, 12:32:48 am »

I'll update yours tomorrow, Barbarossa.

As for Itnetlolor, I'll PM him to send me to complete latest version of his ship.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2009, 12:45:40 am »

Seems you messed up some tags on that image. I fixed it up and had a loo-
 Good god man, why don't you just generate the whole world as mountains!? And do we really need to meet up at the middle point? I'm just hooking left around that cluster of death at the center.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2009, 06:46:04 pm »

I might change the map simply on account of it being to big to go uncompressed on any free image host I can think of. Although I hadn't, when I made the game, expected most ships to be as fast as they were.

Anyway, OP updated with new ships tonight. Probably.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2009, 07:14:33 pm »

Just use the DFMC. It'll work on world maps just as well as local ones, since it's exactly the same principle.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2009, 11:05:44 pm »

Duke, still waiting on your ship.

Itnetlolor, could you post a full-scale version of your ship?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The Flying Machine (Just waiting for Duke and Itnetlolor, then we start!)
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2009, 03:24:42 pm »

That's going to take some time. I figured the lego construction could help in regards to the full scale.

Just, so, many, tiles. (over 5000 of them, excluding spaces to hold them in place.)

I'm probably going to be busy tonight, but I'll try and turn something in by tomorrow early afternoon night. Stupid interference
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 11:26:57 am by Itnetlolor »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Flying Machine (Just waiting for Duke and Itnetlolor, then we start!)
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2009, 05:31:57 pm »

Map posted, see OP.

I'll start this sometime tomorrow. Probablytm. If Duke and Itnetlolor don't finish by the time people have posted their moves, I might grant them the ability to magically join at some place other than the starting line partway through the race.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Flying Machine (This SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!)
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2009, 05:34:27 pm »

I really wish I could get these ASCII generators to get my image to convert perfectly. I am NOT ASCII-ifying this thing by hand. I suppose I need to get the original pixel one and set the generators to the exact resolution of the image. Still, fidgeting has been done and is going on.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Flying Machine (This SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!)
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2009, 07:16:45 pm »

Right O...

Well, heck, let's get it started. Movement rules are simply to move north, south, east or west a number of tiles. You can move a number of tiles equal to your speed, or less if you want, or try to gain/lose altitude. No diagonals. Then I make your altitude rolls, and if you don't crash, you start worrying about fuel. Landing and taking off are free actions as far as speed in concerned. It takes a turn to gather food and fuel.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9