Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Mad Wizard's Arena: An Update?!  (Read 11605 times)

Blood-Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Wizard's Arena: Redux
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2009, 11:28:18 pm »

run into the tunnel with my raised katana, laughing like a maniac.
Einsam stehn die schwarzen Zinnen,
Trotzen aller Zeiten Wirren.
So auch ich, komm sei mein Zeug:
Blutend, aber ungebeugt!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2009, 10:31:03 am »

Alright, you can expect the turn later today. Incidentally, the way I work, I roll everyone's initial actions first. This time, I got three sixes in a row.

Also, does anyone here have arachnophobia? You may want to quit reading if you do.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Blood-Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2009, 01:46:25 pm »

i expect a huge spider will eat someones (hans-hans's) face :D
Blutend, aber ungebeugt!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2009, 02:45:24 pm »

I'm not far enough through the turn to roll for OHGODSPIDERSPIDERSPIDER, B-Dorf. I had band practice today.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2009, 03:55:33 pm »

All right, I'll get the next turn up on Wednesday. Let's see if I can't get a steady schedule going for this, shall we? MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Turn the Fourth:

As most of the group converges on the new portal, four unfortunate souls remain.

King Frederick the Seventh vainly struggles to unbend his once-grand warhammer, but the metal does not budge an inch. Clearly, it is not the construction of the hammer that is at fault, for its shaft is made out of solid steel. There was magic at work that time. Powerful magic.

The Great Bambini lies still, concentrating on heuling himself. Or was that heeling? Hooling? Oh, what was he trying to do again? How many bagels it would take to fill this room? It'd probably depend on the size of the room. How big is it anyways?...

Kin the Scribe finally notices his fingers. He cringes a bit, but decides to do something about it rather than just cry like a weenie. He focuses intently on his hands. Heal, he commands them. Be whole again. BE WHOLE!

But let us consider other matters for a while. Lord Teanscones stands in front of the doorway and with all the dignity and resolve he can muster, he plain orders the darkness to dissipate.

It doesn't.

He embarassedly shuffles aside, and Lowpolygon suggests a more sensible solution: He fires a hadoken into the doorway so they can see what's inside. This will have the added bonus of hitting anything dangerous that might be in there. Everyone agrees that it sounds rather sensible.

And so, he stands in front of the portal and focuses. He pours all his power into the sphere contained by his own, two hands. The sphere glows brighter and brighter as he pours more and more power into it, sweat sprouting from his brow, until finally...

SHINKUU HADOKEN!

He overdid it a little. A near-blinding flash of light erupts from his open palms and shoots straight through the doorway. Mr. Erich, who had been bodily keeping Ivanor and Alessandro from exchanging blows, promptly hurls both right after it; Hans-Hans also charges in like a lunatic.

Then they notice that there was indeed something dangerous in the room, and that Lowpolygon's massive hadoken completely missed it, because it was all over the floor.

Spiders.

Spiders bigger than your hand.

A swarm of spiders, all intent on biting you and killing you and slowly, slooowly eat all of you up!

Ivanor and Alessandro immediately run away, although Ivanor has to squish a few spiders that get too close. They're incredibly quick little buggers.

Hans-Hans, however, is not so intelligent and just charges straight into the solid carpet of spiders. He starts stomping spiders left and right, but one of the spiders manages to bite an unprotected spot on his thigh! He is poisoned!

The entire group at the doorway is thrown into further disarray by a massive boom, as if an orchestra had literally exploded in the room! Looking back into the room, you see Alfie standing near a small crater, covered in soot, and in the crater a sword.

It's a big sword, too. Taller than a man, but with the proportions of a broadsword. how is anyone supposed to wield it, anyway?

Oh yeah, and Kin. Whatever happened to him? Well, it's not like his little fingers were that useful anyway. Plus, now his ring fingers are stronger and thicker!

Spoiler: Frederick VII (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ivanor Denisovich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alessandro 'Di Antony (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lowpolygon Blownaparte (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alfie (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kin the Scribe (click to show/hide)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2009, 04:09:08 pm »

NOOO! My beautiful pinkies!  :'(

Edit: These actions will be done outside the portal, where it's safe:
1. I examine the Arrow of Explosive Dearth with the intension to see if I can replicate it if I ever come across non-magical arrows.
2. If possible I will also shoot an Arrow of Explosive Death aiming in the center of the spider carpet. I of course do this when I can do it with the least ally collateral.  :P

"You guys might wanna get away from the spiders."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 04:32:39 pm by KineseN »

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2009, 04:26:41 pm »

Hahaa!!

KAA-MEE-HAA-MEE-..hrm.

Alright, this is going to be fun. I could try to "kamehame-hadoken" every spider in the room, but I have a sneaking suspicion I'll take out half the room even if I succeed. Instead I make a tactical retreat and try to shoot out mini-hadokens from my fingers. All ten of them, in rapid sequence. Like a hadoken minigun. ;D

Aimed at the spiders, in case it does work. ;)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2009, 04:40:30 pm »

mmm Bagels, Bob likes bagels. That's it. Bob will let familiar roast them, and summon bagels on the crawly things. Yes. Enough with this dumb healing thing. Maybe if Bob makes bagels he will eat one and get better.

action: Tell familiar to burn spiders, summon a bagel big enough to crush each spider just over each spider.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2009, 04:47:11 pm »

"Spiders!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!" Cower in a corner, wishing I hadn't held off on getting over my severe arachnophobia.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2009, 04:54:04 pm »

Move position on ALLEGIANCE MESH towards spiders. Extract HUMAN TEARS from a group member to summon the SPIDER KING.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2009, 05:00:43 pm »

Challenge the swarm of spiders to a duel and then rapier them all!

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2009, 05:14:51 pm »

I pick up the sword and practice pyromancy.

I would expect to be able to pick it up because it is magic, if I am wrong please let me know and I'll change my action.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2009, 05:20:23 pm »

I pick up the sword and practice pyromancy.

I would expect to be able to pick it up because it is magic, if I am wrong please let me know and I'll change my action.

Only the Random Number God knows whether you can do so. If you can't, you could always try for some nature magic to strengthen yourself, or aeromancy to help you lift it. Or you could use some other, more obscure school of magic, like gravity magic.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2009, 05:26:07 pm »

"Hearken, ye vile beasts of Lucifer, and despair. I am Lord Teanscones Fordinner, Earl of York, the sword of God and the protector of the faith. Return to the dark pits from whence ye came, or face my wrath!"

I order the spiders to run away from my awesome self, and if they don't I'll unleash a can of divine whoopass on them.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Blood-Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2009, 06:44:36 am »

"OHGODSPIDERSPIDERSPIDER"
run out of the tunnel and kill spiders that are on me.
Blutend, aber ungebeugt!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9