Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Mad Wizard's Arena: An Update?!  (Read 11596 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Wizard's Arena: Arachnids Attack
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2009, 12:09:09 pm »

Slap those spiders silly, ordering them to MAKE ME A SANDWICH, WOMAN!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2009, 09:58:20 am »

Sorry guys, sudden business came up. The turn will be up today, however, and the next few turns will be easier since this was my last day of proper school, with the next three mostly being some miscellaneous festive stuff and then I'm officially on vacation. Yay!

Er, I mean MWAHAHAHAHAA!
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2009, 05:19:53 am »

I know I'm not really one to say it, Boksi, but...

ROLLS!

:P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2009, 06:00:19 am »

I'm just writing this because I want some rolls.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2009, 11:53:15 am »

mmm
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2009, 06:50:35 am »

Alternatively,
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2009, 07:44:39 am »

Even more alternatively,

and,
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2009, 11:56:29 pm »

maybe not quite as obscure as Sean's, but we have:

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2009, 09:29:06 pm »

Alright, alright, I get your point. I'll get the rolls done today, but first I need some sleep. It's half past two right now, although knowing me I'll fritter away the night 'till it's four.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2009, 03:54:04 pm »

...I never knew (or rather, thought about) Iceland was in the same timezone as me.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2009, 08:30:13 pm »

Agh... It's past midnight already... But at least I got the turn done.

But anyway, partly as an apology, partly as a belated Christmas present, I'm going to grant each of you a wish. It may or may not come true, and it cannot contradict what has already been established, but you may wish for one thing to either happen or to be present in this RTD. Again, it may or may not come true. But feel free to wish for something, the setting isn't set in stone. Not all of it, anyway. You're still not getting out of the fourth room easily...

MWO HO HO HO HO!

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Turn the Sixth:

Errol suddenly comes to his senses again and starts shouting "suggestions" at the other people fighting off the spiders, sometimes enthusiastically "donating kinetic energy" to "increase their mobility".

Unfortunately, most people are busy doing something else. King Frederick sleeps peacefully in a dreamless sleep; Hans-Hans mutters something about awesome powers but all that happens is his face slowly turning greenish. It doesn't help him when another spider bites him, either. The Great Bambini is rolling on the floor like a kitten because he enjoys his bagel so much. It's kind of cute, in a very disturbing way.

Blownaparte decides to branch out his combat skills. He starts pulling on a long shaft buried in the pile he made earlier with his ceiling-eating antics. It's stuck , so he pulls and pulls until suddenly it comes loose and he falls flat on his rear, holding what is apparently a partisan spear, albeit missing a pointy bit.

Finally, Alessandro is in hysterics over his newly-discovered poisoning. He immediately screams the first thing that comes to his mind to the nearest person, who turns out to be Ivanor. It goes something like this:

"Aaah! Aaah! Quick! Suck it out! The poison! I don't wanna die, I'm too young and handsome to die today!"

SLAP!

"ARGH!"

This despite the fact that there is nothing to suggest he is even the littlest bit ill. It could even be he isn't affected by the poison, for some reason.

The ones who do try to do something against the spiders are Lord Teanscones, Ivanor, Alfie and Kin. The Earl decides not to damage his sword by banging it against the ground, instead grabbing a warhammer conveniently lying on the ground nearby and yelling!

"STOP!"

He then brings up his hammer.

"HAMMERTIME!"

Many spiders are squished beneath his mighty hammer!

Ivanor proceeds to slap one of the spiders, shouting "MAKE ME A SANDWICH, WOMAN!". The black smear that remains of the spiders does not move, and the nearby spiders are visibly confused. Angered by this turn of event, he starts slapping and stomping spiders left and right. In his mad rampage he, too, gets bitten by a spider, but is too mad to notice it.

Alfie makes an attempt to set some of the spiders on fire, but thanks to Erich's pestering and everyone just getting in the way, he only manages to set a few on fire. He does, however, manage to set Ivanor's foot on fire as well, making him even angrier! His stomping quickly kills the flame though, so he suffers no harm. Alfie is then suddenly interrupted by a sharp pain in in his thigh! A spider!

Finally, Kin decides that his arrows will be of no use unless he uses them! Like a master archer, he nocks three of them at once and intends to blow away all the spiders! Unfortunately, he forgets to consider that there aren't just spiders where he's firing...

Erich almost gets brained by one of the arrows, and he's the luckiest of the three unfortunate souls. Ivanor, although not hit by the arrow itself, is immolated by the blast. He quickly stops, drops and rolls to extinguish the flames, killing even more spiders in the process, but is nevertheless rather painfully burned on his back. Lord Teanscones is the most unfortunate, suffering a direct hit. His armor protects him from the arrow itself and the flames, but the blast hurls him to the ground and the fire is searingly hot, cooking him inside his armor like canned food. He doesn't die, but is in excruciating pain.

Fortunately, it seems that there are few spiders left. The flood from the second room has finally stopped, it seems. However, they're scattered all over the room now. They don't seem so aggressive anymore, either.

Spoiler: Frederick VII (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ivanor Denisovich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alessandro 'Di Antony (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lowpolygon Blownaparte (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alfie (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kin the Scribe (click to show/hide)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Wizard's Arena: An Update?!
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2009, 08:54:01 pm »

eeenteresting.

Bob will tell the imp to go check out the next room, but instantly return if it senses any danger. Scouting is good.

For Bob's action, Bob will continue his summon training by summoning a box of supplies. Instant Healing Potions, Weapon Enhancements(poisons and the like), maybe some explosives, ranged ammo for any who need it, but mostly healing and concentration potions.

(I'll go with the concentration +1 to next roll potions for my wish. :) 1 for each of us if your willing.)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2009, 08:56:44 pm »

That's possible, but if you botch the summoning you won't get any, you know?

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2009, 09:00:52 pm »

I wish that I had a largely useless and stupid but strangely invincible manservant to be my comedic sidekick.

If Bob manages to create some healing potions I shall drink one, or pour it on me, whichever makes the most sense. If he doesn't I'll just stop being in pain and be awesome instead.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2009, 09:22:43 pm »

Comforted by most of the spiders being dead, despite having no way to know this, I explore the concept of healing magic in my dreams.

I wish I knew a joke so great, that it caused me to be unattackable for a turn, used as a free action the first time it's used. Subsequent attempts to use it, even against different creatures, should make it a standard, resistable action. Surely, all jokes are better when they're shiny and new.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9