Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Mad Wizard's Arena: An Update?!  (Read 11598 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Wizard's Arena: Redux
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 02:20:05 pm »

Alright, time for another update! You better be grateful for this!

Also, do note I'm not as attentive as some other people. If I took the time to go over these turns more often, you'd get fewer updates.

Anyway, MWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Turn the Second:

A slight sensation comes over all of you, as if you had passed some invisible checkpoint. Perhaps it is related to the mysterious, murderous cobblestones?

Hans-Hans, cheerful about how everything is going his way, laughs at Lowpolygons foolishness. His anger overcoming the pain in his calf and teeth, Lowpolygon takes his laughter to mean "Hey, if you need a target to practice upon, go ahead and use me!". Hans-Hans is too busy laughing to notice Lowpolygon staring intently at him with a look of concentration and/or constipation on his face, but he does just barely manage to notice the gob of blue energy hurled at him; enough that he's merely slightly singed by it.

Hans-Hans does not appreciate Lowpolygon using him as a target and starts shouting at him, but he is simply too fast for him to catch. In any event, those cobblestones will probably rise up again, and he decides to remain on guard against them.

Frederick VII and Kin the Scribe both search through the racks for whatever useful equipment they can scrounge up. King Frederick finds a suit of chainmail and a two-handed warhammer. It resembles a normal, construction-use hammer a lot, with a flat head on one end and a spike on the other. Kin, meanwhile, finds a suit of leather armor, although it's a bit on the thin side. He also finds this grassy-green cloak. It's nothing special, but he likes green so he takes it.

After the shock of the cobblestones, Ivanor wanders away in search of clothes to hide his indecency. He finds some rough jeans, and a tattered baseball cap. He also decides to pick up a billy club he spots lying near one of the fallen shelves.

Mr. Erich dislikes his current clothes and so deftly acquires a more formal suit for his formal demeanor. The pale clothes of his suit create a lot of contrast with his dark cloak, and make him a little interesting to look at.

Alessandro and Lord Teanscones decide to have a little sparring match, like gentlemen. However, the match is quite unfair, pitting a lightly armored man with nothing but a fearsomely big headdress and a rapier against a heavily armored knight swinging a sword capable of cutting a man in half. Alessandro further complicates things for him by trying to recite poetry at Lord Teanscones; not only is it rather terrible poetry, he also can't concentrate on the fighting. Several times he almost gets a limb hacked off, but he always makes a narrow excape.

Back in the center, the mages are back for another go. The Great Bambini, attempts to summon upon himself a field of magical energies to shield himself from harm and asks his familiar to help him with this task. He acquires a metallic breastplate to act as a focus and starts the incantation, using some of the blood that's bled from his cut as a catalyst. He then sits down on his knees and starts his invocation; while his previous incantation was rough and brutal-sounding, this one sounded more like singing.

His imp obeys his orders unhesistatingly. Since he doesn't know how to help, though, he just channels as much magic as he can into the breastplate to improve the potency of the spell.

That was a bad idea.

A bright blue shimmer starts to form around the Great Bambini's body, but then suddenly strands of red start to invade that shimmer, looking far sharper than any shimmer should. The Great Bambini groans from the sudden pain and increased mental strain from this sudden influx of hellish power, but keeps it under control. The colors start merging and become more solid, less glowing. Eventually the invocation is over and the Great Bambini nearly collapsed from exhaustion. He is now wearing a dark purple-ish armour, with one pauldron having jagged spikes jutting out from it and the other one normal. For some reason, it's also British.

Alfie decides to try some geomancy on the ground beneath the cobblestones. He closes his eyes and focuses his magical senses, such as they are, through the stone and into the earth. And starts pondering. There's something strange about it. It's like his sight is somehow being jammed, the signals don't make sense...

Rrrumble...

Or. The ground. The ground is moving! The ground is moving upwards! Moving quickly, Alfie jumps backwards onto his back into an armor rack as a fountain of dirt geyers through the cracks between the cobblestones!

Well, that was harmless enough, but it was probably a safeguard against someone doing anything to the earth for some reason. He wonders why.

Alfie gets little time to ponder this, however, because the cobblestones are at it again! The stones flying up in the air send him flying as well, straight on to his fac.e He merely lands in the dirt, however, and quickly retreates onto one of the collapsed armor racks, where the cobblestones will simply go underneath.

The Great Bambini and his familiar are both in no postion to defend himself from the cobblestones. The imp recovers quickly from the trivial injuries inflicted upon him, but he'll have to wait until the cobblestones he's stuck under flies up again to do it. The Great Bambini isn't quite so resilient and it's probably only his armor that prevented him from getting a concussion. As it is, he's aching from some severe bruises and other aches.

The others do not get hit by the cobblestones, having been less surprised by them. Hans-Hans especially, who actually took a few dance steps while dodging them.

When the cobblestones have lain down, you notice they now face upwards again, each sandy-brown stone now bearing the number one emblazoned on it in crimson red.

Spoiler: Frederick VII (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ivanor Denisovich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alessandro 'Di Antony (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lowpolygon Blownaparte (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alfie (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kin the Scribe (click to show/hide)

Enjoy! I might get the next turn up on Friday, or I might get it up on Saturday. I dunno.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 06:06:32 pm by Boksi »
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 02:53:07 pm »

I express gratitude!

After admiring my purple noble clothes specially designed to not be cumbersome, I smash some cobblestones with my mighty warhammer of mightyness.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 02:54:31 pm »

Search for a door out. The cobblestones are getting annoyingly rude.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 02:55:11 pm »

Heh. I spend time tending to my wounds and attempting to strategically position myself so that whatever appears out of any probable direction is immediately sighted and can be acted upon.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2009, 03:17:30 pm »

Ack, I forgot the last paragraph of the turn! Very important paragraph, that one.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2009, 03:26:16 pm »

Seing that the cobblestones count down for something I decide to prepare whatever might come by etching each of my arrows with some destructive magic. That way, I will be shooting arrows of Explosive Death.

And yes, I happend to read the old one on what might happen next turn. Bit overpowered of me to do this, but atleast it will be fun if I fail.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2009, 03:27:34 pm »

Oof, Bob takes the hint. Time for Bob to rest a bit. Heal body and mind. If only Bob had some chunky soup, but too tired to make some come to Bob. Meditate Bob does. hmm.

Oh and Bob likes purple too, even if not as good as blue. Silly british coloUrs...
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2009, 03:46:05 pm »

I too, express gratitude for the turn.

Practice my bitch-slap while shouting "MAKE ME A SANDWICH, WOMAN!"

Also, thanks for that wife-beater.  It gave me a brilliant idea for a character(it gets boring being the healer all the time).  In addition, I'd like to note: I'm not actually a chauvinistic redneck in real life, I just play one in this RTD. 
All generalizations are false....including this one.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2009, 05:11:35 pm »

Summon a talking sword, preferably a witty one that quotes lines from movies but will shut up when I tell it to, I shall name it Stabby.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Blood-Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2009, 05:46:42 pm »

focus on my surroundings, ready to strike down whatever or whoever may attack me.
"this smells fishy!"
Einsam stehn die schwarzen Zinnen,
Trotzen aller Zeiten Wirren.
So auch ich, komm sei mein Zeug:
Blutend, aber ungebeugt!

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 05:54:35 pm »

If you're a perfectionist, you'd want to correctify 'qucikyl'. That said, that word just sounds awesome.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 06:05:51 pm »

That's it! The imp is hereby named Qucikyl!

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 06:13:48 pm »

I KNEW it! I knew I'd be useful!
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 06:16:18 pm »

lol  ;D
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 06:20:59 pm »

Hope you're satisfied with that name, Haika.

On one hand, you don't get to choose his name yourself, but on the other hand, you don't have to choose his name yourself!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9