Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Mad Wizard's Arena: An Update?!  (Read 11599 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Wizard's Arena: Redux
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 12:17:25 pm »

Awesome, my super secret mad bumping skills got us another player :D

Still wondering about that AI though
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 04:06:03 pm »

MWAHAHAHAHAA! UPDATE TIME!

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Turn the First:

With groans and aching bodies, the ten people begin picking themselves up off the floor. One in particular does so in an incredibly awesome manner. In fact, his ascent is so awesome as to cause everyone to momentarily pause and stare at Ivanor's sheer awesome as it starts to warp the fabric of space-time itself!

Then they notice he's wearing a cheese-stained wifebeater and no underpants, and the effect is ruined.

The various people start thinking. Frederick the Seventh, King of Denmark, states that it is obvious they are meant to use the supplies in this room, and several of you begin searching the room for suitable armor and weapons.

Left in the center of the room are Ivanor, who seems to be crying a little, as well as the Great Bambini, Alfie and Kin, who seem to be getting their bearings for some magic. And Lowpolygon. Who just... Sits there. And stares. At the ceiling.

Kin is frustrated by the fact that he does not have any of his magical matériels. Surely he should have some parchment or something? With a sigh, he starts exploring the area, deciding he should at least make use of what he can find in this room.

As he walks between the racks, grabbing a bow and some arrows, he spots Frederick. He is holding a sharp-looking sword and pulling some armor off a rack when Hans-Hans comes up to him, smiling, and says "Ah, thank you very much! I was just looking for that!", and promptly punches Frederick in the guts, grabs his armor and weapon and promptly runs away laughing.

In the meantime, Lord Teanscones, Alessandro 'Di Antony and Mr. Erich went the other way in search for more elegant weapons, suitable for cultured gentlemen as opposed to those foreign mongrels' rubbish.

Lord Teanscones finds himself a suit of field plate and a large claymore, fit for a knight. Unfortunately, there are no horses in the room and he promptly beamoans this unfortunate fact. Alessandro looks for, and finds, some leather armor, a well-made rapier and a hat.

But to call it a hat would be an insult. It is no mere hat, it is a headdress. It is a headdress to end all headdresses. It is big. It is floppy. It is red. It has a feather. It'll block your vision if you put it on and be more of a detriment than anything, but you really can't argue with such a magnificent headdress.

He puts it on without a second thought, of course.

Mr. Erich, being a modest man, contents himself with a rattling cane and a thick, navy blue cape and leaves it at that.

Back in the center, Lowpolygon continues staring at the ceiling. Around him, Alfie and the Great Bambini have finished their preparations and begin their invocations. Since neither of them had any magical apparati with which to work their summoning spells, Alfie decided to start small. Using the natural hexagonal pattern on the cobblestones and an invocations, he summons a vile beast, feared by honest farmers all around the world: A mouse!

It scurries around a bit.

The Great Bambini, on the other hand, has more ambitious ideas. Despite being bereft of any devices or raw materials, he still has himself. With a couple of gutteral sentences and a cut on the forehead, he commands his own blood to form a nasty-looking summoning circle. As he continues his evocation, hellish flames burst from the circle, until finally in a maelstrom of hellish energies, he calls forth a daemonic familiar to serve him in every way.

It's about one foot tall and more annoying than evil. It's an imp. Still, it can both fight and make bagels with it's innate ability to generate fire.

At this moment, Lowpolygon appears to reach a revelation. With a mighty yell, he jumps into the air and kicks down a weapon rack, creating a domino chain of racks falling towards the wall. He runs along the racks with a fierce face and leaps at the ceiling, teeth bared against the cold, stony surface!

CRUNCH

The madness in his attack chips several of his teeth, in addition to the impact from hitting the ceiling. And when he falls down he lands on a sword and cuts his left calf. Ouch. As he considers the pain he is in, the ground starts rumbling! It's the cobblestones!

The cobblestones start uprooting themselves, one after another! They rush around, as the ten confused victims scurry about, trying not to catch a face full of stone, with various levels of success.

Hans-Hans simply bats them away with his freshly-acquired sword, while Alfie blasts the cobblestones near him into pieces with the leftover magical energies from his summoning. The others just dodge them, with some like Frederick the seventh having a few close calls. Lord Teanscones and Lowpolygon, however, are unable to dodge them, due to heavy armor and lying on his back bleeding respectively. Lord Teanscones Fordinner's armor is dented and he is knocked down, but he is not injured. Lowepolygon, on the other hand, just gets knocked beneath some armor when the cobblestones start rising from beneath the collapsed racks.

You get a feeling they weren't really trying to hit you. If they had tried they could've probably killed you easily. Another thing to note is that the cobblestones have been turned over, exposing a white side with a crimson red two painted on it.

Statuses:

Spoiler: Frederick VII (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ivanor Denisovich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alessandro 'Di Antony (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lowpolygon Blownaparte (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alfie (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kin the Scribe (click to show/hide)

Well, I hope you enjoyed this turn. Let me know if I missed anything or if I could stand to do something better, and do note that I will hopefully be improving my record-keeping system, so look forward to more understandable statuses.

Oh yes, and do post your actions, or I will murder you in your sleep <3
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 04:19:21 pm »

Heh. Alas, it wasn't a 3. Oh well, it's not always that history will repeat itself. Expecially with different actors.

Anyway, ow. Didn't expect to succeed in that. :) I suppose it'll be in my best interest to get up and practice ninjutsu/taijutsu/whatever. Hadoken and Rasengan being top priorities.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 04:28:18 pm »

Search for a beige business suit. After that, I wax my moustache.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 04:33:20 pm »

Sean.  Work a little harder.  Less ninja, more kickass.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 04:44:46 pm »

Find a pair of jeans, a baseball cap and a beat-stick.  Equip all.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 04:49:20 pm »

I grumble a bit in Danish about low-bred thieves, then look for and equip a large warhammer and a suit of chain mail armor.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 05:16:20 pm »

Watch from the shadows with interest.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2009, 05:22:12 pm »

I practice with my weapon, focusing on the two main points of looking lordly while doing so and getting better at killing stuff with it.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2009, 05:35:39 pm »

I practice geomancy on the ground beneath the stones.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Blood-Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2009, 05:50:07 pm »

laugh about Lowpolygon and wait for the things to come.
Einsam stehn die schwarzen Zinnen,
Trotzen aller Zeiten Wirren.
So auch ich, komm sei mein Zeug:
Blutend, aber ungebeugt!

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2009, 06:02:47 pm »

Look for a set of comfty leather armor, preferably something dark green. Equip whatever armor I might find.

Even if it's pink.

Changed "unless" to "even if".
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 06:22:37 pm by KineseN »

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2009, 07:43:11 pm »

Bob greets his new familiar warmly, offering to share some bagels with it in the future as a binding servant contract, and instruct it to assist Bob in his next task if it can.

Then Bob sets about continuing the summoning spree, this time to try and form some magic armor upon the Great Bambini. Blue. Yes Bob thinks blue would work nicely. That seems fittingly great.

[ Also, didn't see the familiar in the status' listings, is it an npc? an item? Not quite sure how it will work, but quite happy with it anyway. :) ]
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2009, 05:49:33 am »

Swish my rapier around a bit and read poetry aloud while doing it so everyone knows how cultured I am.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2009, 10:34:39 am »

Oh yeah, followers. I knew I'd forgotten something.

You'll probably get a turn tomorrow.

EDIT: Ack, I also forgot the cut on Bob's forehead.

Anyway, the turn should be up today. I'm currently writing it up.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:32:45 pm by Boksi »
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9