Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: Twilight "Vampires"  (Read 30692 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight "Vampires"
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2009, 12:50:56 pm »

Now, does it make sense that an "undead" creature can impregnate someone?  No, I'll give you that

I think If I remember correctly even the book said it was impossible. But Bella Swan has proven that she can ignore all the rules.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2009, 12:56:21 pm »

Also, her mind can't be read, a fact that makes her a unique snowflake.  All she needs is heterochromatic mood-ring eyes and she's a textbook Mary Sue.
Shoes...

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2009, 12:56:55 pm »

Now, does it make sense that an "undead" creature can impregnate someone?  No, I'll give you that

I think If I remember correctly even the book said it was impossible. But Bella Swan has proven that she can ignore all the rules.

That fangirl read Nietche works? No Ubermensch for you Bella Swan!!!

If a vampire is dead, but moves then teoretically their sperm may be partially alive also.
Seen Van Helsing movie? The babies were just born dead. Dead dead.

I'm a fan of vampirism being a virus disease. Transfusion of blood and presto! A new vampire.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2009, 12:58:15 pm »

Wait what IS stopping Bella Swan from being a Mary Sue other then the fact that she can't do anything for herself?

Ohh wait you said Textbook Mary Sue. Nevermind

She also considers herself not very beautiful despite her description saying otherwise. Giving herself reaffirming beauty.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2009, 12:59:08 pm »

I don't see how undead parenthood makes any less sense than undeath itself.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2009, 01:00:37 pm »

The Ladder effect.

Undeath makes little sense

Something added onto undeath must add the less sense from undeath to itself.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2009, 01:07:13 pm »

You can ask someone to believe the impossible, but not the improbable.  But now that you mention it, it reminds me of that undead fetus from Dawn of the Dead, so whatever you want really.  And I love the idea of vampirism granting the vampire undead sperm.  Ooovvvuuummmsss...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2009, 05:28:51 pm »

Undead sperm have just as much right to exist as Undead anything else.

The concept of the Undead having children isn't even all that rare; it's usually explained away with magic somehow, or by having the Undead temporarily gaining full life or something, but i can think of a couple of stories off the top of my head (And only one of them is DnD!) where Undead children of some sort come into play.

I believe the 'Dhampir' creature is usually described as the Half-Undead child of a Vampire and a Mortal.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2009, 05:36:49 pm »

it reminds me of that undead fetus from Dawn of the Dead, so whatever you want really.

No

That movie never happened. I REFFUUSSSEE!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2009, 05:43:32 pm »

it reminds me of that undead fetus from Dawn of the Dead, so whatever you want really.

No

That movie never happened. I REFFUUSSSEE!

Hey; you think that's bad, read a DnD Monster Manual some time.

DnD has the Atropal, the Atropal is a stillborn undead god fetus. It looks like this in 3.5

Which is pretty bad, but somehow less bad than it's appearance in 4e.

Imagine that, slowly floating towards you, hissing wordless noises as it slowly drains the life out of everything nearby.

Yeah.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2009, 05:46:12 pm »

Totally missing that I just think the movie doesn't deserve to be a remake of a much better movie.

That whole ZOMBIE BABBY scene is just retarded.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2009, 05:50:47 pm »

It ain't even a fantasy,it's just a romance novel of vampires who you can't even call vampires. Also she got the shape-shifter idea wrong. And vampires are clinically dead,they can't have sex nor make anybody pregnant/get pregnant.

Hooray, more arguing over the technical definitions of imaginary creatures.  You can that some author's concept of "vampire" is interesting or boring or whatever you prefer, but there's no such thing as "right" or "wrong".

Now, does it make sense that an "undead" creature can impregnate someone?  No, I'll give you that.

I've heard this argument before for other fantasy creatures, like the dragon in Legend of Dragoon that looked more like some kind of weird grasshopper.  Since vampires and dragons both appear in the mythology of cultures all over the world, and share many similar qualities throughout these appearances, I think it's reasonable to compare something to the archetype, and judge whether or not it can truly be considered a part of that archetype.
Shoes...

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2009, 05:55:39 pm »

Vampires can have kids in lores of many cultures.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2009, 06:24:32 pm »

Totally missing that I just think the movie doesn't deserve to be a remake of a much better movie.

Of course it's retarded, but at least it's the only idiot-ball scene in the movie.  Sure there was that douchebag nearly getting everyone killed, but it was clearly explained what a douchebag he was.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2009, 07:15:50 pm »

Of course it's retarded, but at least it's the only idiot-ball scene in the movie.  Sure there was that douchebag nearly getting everyone killed, but it was clearly explained what a douchebag he was.

I find it difficult to take anything with Undead in it seriously; they're just so patently ridiculous.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19