Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Twilight "Vampires"  (Read 30709 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight "Vampires"
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2009, 04:21:10 pm »

Twilight fans scare the living **** out of me. I've heard stories of people being attacked because they made fun of the book.

I don't care who you are, Twilight fans take rabid fan to a new level.

If there wasn't fans who managed to attract such drama around them then I wouldn't have even cared about the books. Sure, pretty much all the stories must be taken with a grain of salt but if even one is true, fuck man.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2009, 04:39:02 pm »

(CoD6) does manage to effectively be what is known as 'lowest common denominator entertainment'. It's stupid because that way it hits the lowest common denominator between the largest group of people (in this case young boys). As a result, it's not very good, but it gathers a rediculous fanbase.
::) FTFY
Somewhere there's a bunch of females complaining about violent video games and sports fanatics while males complain about trashy romance novels.

No one gets the irony.

As to stories of attacking people, call me when twilight fans riot like football fans or threaten to stab people like console fanboys.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2009, 04:44:22 pm »

As to stories of attacking people, call me when twilight fans riot like football fans or threaten to stab people like console fanboys.

Believe me, for the extreme fans, death threats, stabbings, and outright attempted murder is the least of all things you have to worry about.

One list of examples.

And another.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2009, 04:51:20 pm »

Most of those appear to be made up, but some are downright funny and/or creepy.

Whatever, still not as bad as the guy at my uni who was MASTER CHIEF incarnate. He actually had a debilitating mental condition and thought he was inside halo. The school's psych ward had him pulled because they were afraid he was going to show up with an assault rifle one day.

EDIT: I guess my point is, crazy is crazy. It doesn't matter what you're a fan of (unless the fandom actively encourages crazy), crazy people are dangerous.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 04:58:10 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2009, 04:59:21 pm »

That's intense.  Have you heard of the Jerusalem Syndrome?  Every year, three or four tourists get it.  The awe of being in a place so important to their religion causes them to have an acute psychotic break where they become convinced they're a major religious figure.  Christians think they're Jesus, John, or Mary; Jews think they're David or Sampson, Muslims just call themselves the Messiah.  It goes away after a few days though and they're fine.  Crazy what the mind is capable of.
Shoes...

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2009, 05:04:24 pm »

I don't actually have an ending or many specifics figured out, but I thought you guys might enjoy it.  Thoughts?

Bitching.

If I were an elder vampire of that stature, I'd pick out the most activist of the 'vampires' and the most ardent anti-vampire humans and make them MINE.  Via powers, blackmail or just good old beatings, I'd drive the leaders of each side to, over time, take more and more vile and monstrous actions against each other.

I'd be the shadow that stalks them, mocks them for weakness and questions their very sanity.

In the end they will know they have been use as pawns, but by that point will be to deep in their own lies and filth to escape - even suicide will expose them and just look like it's because of guilt.

The town will burn itself down, and across the nation both sides will see the other as the monster, the threat, the enemy.

And as the next great war looms, I'll be on my cell phone, finishing the deals that will leave me holding a huge share of the worlds arms suppliers.
is he okay?
In the traditional sense of the word?  No, he's been dissolved in magma.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2009, 05:07:01 pm »

Hey guys, guess what I'm doing this weekend?

This semester, I wanted to polish off my English-credits requirement, with the last open literature class.  Late 19th century Gothic.  The first book was Bram Stoker's Dracula.  And now we come to the final paper.  I have an option between analyzing some other Gothic text of my choosing (lame), or... making up my own narrative.  I don't actually have to write a book or anything, just a five page blurb and discussion about my concept.

I don't actually have an ending or many specifics figured out, but I thought you guys might enjoy it.  Thoughts?

Write it, it's gold.  Call it The Stranger.
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2009, 05:10:57 pm »

DO be very sure to post that in Creative Projects Aqizzar. Also, make sure your literature teacher isn't Stephanie Meyer wearing a fake mustache.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2009, 05:14:27 pm »

And as the next great war looms, I'll be on my cell phone, finishing the deals that will leave me holding a huge share of the worlds arms suppliers.

I don't know about war, but profiteering is actually a great idea.  Most people (and writers) forget that part of what made Dracula so dangerous was that centuries of meticulously hiding himself and building an estate made him a very shrewd and successful businessman.  In this case, The Stranger (thanks Cthulhu) runs a business that makes home alarms, pepper spray, handguns, bogus "anti-vampire" devices, and other crap, which he creates a market for by stalking the night and playing up fear of the vampirically effected.

Then I'll throw in some media savvy and mind-control, and he'll be a one-man metaphor for race-baiting, corruption, greed, and the entire military-industrial-media-corporate complex.

My God.  I think I might really, truly write this.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2009, 05:22:20 pm »

Agreed. Write it.

...also, we, the Bay 12 forums, have done something man-kind once thought impossible: We have turned a thread raeging about Twilight into a constructive conversation still related to the topic.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2009, 05:24:51 pm »

I would buy it.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2009, 05:48:33 pm »

I think I can put a number on how many is too many, it's an integer and larger than 0 but smaller than 2.

Twilight sympathiser! Burn him at the stake!
I actually I think the books are crap. I also think rabidly bashing them is even worse. Ok you don't like the books, now just shut up and live your life.

Stop having fun guys!

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2009, 05:55:11 pm »

I don't know about war, but profiteering is actually a great idea.  Most people (and writers) forget that part of what made Dracula so dangerous was that centuries of meticulously hiding himself and building an estate made him a very shrewd and successful businessman.  In this case, The Stranger (thanks Cthulhu) runs a business that makes home alarms, pepper spray, handguns, bogus "anti-vampire" devices, and other crap, which he creates a market for by stalking the night and playing up fear of the vampirically effected.

Then I'll throw in some media savvy and mind-control, and he'll be a one-man metaphor for race-baiting, corruption, greed, and the entire military-industrial-media-corporate complex.

My God.  I think I might really, truly write this.
Do, and go public. Maby a sieries?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2009, 05:58:12 pm »

Anyhow there is no reason in my mind not to believe those crazy stories.

However I'd personally would think it was done by people who were already sort of crazy.

I mean Twilight already said that vampires don't bite necks. So why are they biting necks?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2009, 06:00:45 pm »

I'm almost tempted to go see New Moon alone at the theatre.  It'd be a harrowing experience, of course, being a gaunt, pale, shifty guy, but it'd be interesting to see mankind at its most retarded.  Like Lord of the Flies or something.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19