Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: Twilight "Vampires"  (Read 30651 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight "Vampires"
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2009, 07:56:49 am »

Not Toady, Augustus Cesar. And they're not delusions, they're historical-spatial awareness displacement episodes. It's a serious condition, thank you very much.

Maybe we should get Bella Swan in here to cure you

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2009, 11:27:40 am »

Can a vampire be killed by a drawbridge?

No they can only be killed by being disemboweled and then lit on fire.

Unless it is the second movie, in which case they can only be killed by this ritual only capable of being done in Europe

I'm sorry, but unless they have [BUILDINGDESTROYER] then yes, they can be killed by a drawbridge.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2009, 11:34:03 am »

Twiglet makes me rage. It surpassed being a bad book that fat teenage girls wearing lots of black and metal go on about on obscure weepy forums where the text and background are black, and started being a cult. An annoying cult.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2009, 02:30:31 pm »

Nah, it's not a cult. Not by a long shot. It's a fad; one that may or may not have a lingering impact in people's memory, but a fad nonetheless. Give it a year or two after the books stop, and there'll be some other perversion of something we all hold dear to weep over.

... Dwarves that glitter in sunlight maybe? ...
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2009, 02:38:15 pm »

Nah, it's not a cult. Not by a long shot. It's a fad; one that may or may not have a lingering impact in people's memory, but a fad nonetheless. Give it a year or two after the books stop, and there'll be some other perversion of something we all hold dear to weep over.

Only if they've been eating glitter, an even then it's their puke that glitters not them.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2009, 02:52:48 pm »

Nah, that's just the iron ore dust.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2009, 05:02:57 pm »

I heard that Miley Cirus thinks it's a cult.  And she should know - after all, she has a cult herself.
I hate fame-cults.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Pathos

« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2009, 06:53:27 pm »

I've just got something against pulp fiction making the bitch so much cash. =(

You have to feel sorry for her editors, after reading that last, unedited draft.

Kavalion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 06, 2009, 01:00:30 pm »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 06, 2009, 04:51:54 pm »

Sorry to pop in here out of the blue, but I didn't particularly feel like slogging through the entirety of this thread just to check something (I may read it at some later point, but needed to get this out first).

Aqizzar, that story overview you posted in the beginning of this thread sounds a heck of a lot like True Blood.  Y'know, the popular vampire series on TV that has united teenage girls in a love of some huge Swedish bloke and a hate for the female lead (who is yet another loved-by-everybody bitch)?

The series where vampires have "come out of the coffin" and exposed themselves to the media, in an attempt to get acceptance of some sort?  And who drink synthesized blood from Japan so they don't have to attack humans?  And who have really awesome undead sex?  And who are split into two groups, those who attempt to conform to human culture and society and those who still regard the living as mere bloodbags for their amusement and nourishment?

Just thought I'd bring it up.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 06, 2009, 06:17:52 pm »

"THIS IS THE SKIN OF A KILLER, BELLA!" *Sparkles*

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 06, 2009, 06:21:33 pm »

I love that scene. Really, I just loved the whole movie. Couldn't get enough of it, I was laughing so hard I think I nearly passed out. I'm worried that if I get the rifftrax I'll laugh so hard I'll die.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2009, 07:06:35 pm »

I just saw New Moon (had too, girlfriend made me). I found myself extremely bored. Even my girlfriend who liked the Twilight books and enjoyed the movie agreed that it was bad.

Part way through the movie, however, I found myself enjoying it a bit more when I substituted the names of characters for something else. So Edward become Sparklelord Gaypants (or Gaylord Sparklepants) and Jacob become Pouty McChestWaxey.
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2009, 04:55:35 pm »

No,no,no. Edward is vlad the sparkeler.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2009, 05:07:36 pm »

The best way to improve this series:
1. Introduce the characters to Vlad the Impaler.
2. Watch them get impaled.
3. ???
4. no more profit!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19