Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Drink stockpile problem  (Read 462 times)

SolkaTruesilver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Drink stockpile problem
« on: November 26, 2009, 08:01:12 pm »

I have a problem. I created a brook-supplied waterfall with drainage system that empties in the nearby chasm. The waterfall is meant to drop on a stockpile I disabled everything but drink. I also set the location as a meeting area.

I disabled drinks from all the other stockpiles.

My dwarves won't put any drink barrels in that stopile. They keep putting barrels in my other 2 food stockpiles, even if drinks (plant) is disabled.

(Yay for clean, happy, swimmer dwarves!)

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
Re: Drink stockpile problem
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 08:43:53 pm »

So you're trying to make your dwarfs compulsorily get a shower when they go for a drink? I like the idea, but I don't think it can be done. Dwarfs cancel jobs when they step in more than 4/7 water, so that's probably why they're a) not putting barrels onto the flooded stockpile and b) won't drink from it even if there was drink in the stockpile.

They keep putting barrels in my other 2 food stockpiles, even if drinks (plant) is disabled.

To this, food gets stored in barrels too, not just booze.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

SolkaTruesilver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 09:02:38 pm »

Nah, don`t worry about an overly wet area. The drainage system (which I probably made too efficient) keeps the water level at no more than 1/7. Not ennough for actually swimming, but stepping trough the shower trains them and give them happy thoughts. I think I should (carefully) increase the water debit.

There is 10-level pits on the sides of the stockpile to drain the water, and it leads to the chasm I described. I plan to use this aqueduc to hospitalize wounded dwarves eventually.

(And what I meant by "Barrel" is that the barrels I KNOW are loaded with drinks, as they come directly from the brewer`s shop)

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 10:34:16 am »

Check to see that you have allowed the use of barrels in the drinks stockpile.  I have occasionally converted one type of stockpile into another and forgotten that a stockpile with drinks has to be allowed to store the drinks in barrels.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 10:44:44 am »

That's the "max barrels" setting on the 'q' screen, not allowing barrels in the items screen.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.