Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MAYDAY tileset makes wood look greenish yellow  (Read 1689 times)

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
MAYDAY tileset makes wood look greenish yellow
« on: November 26, 2009, 12:34:31 pm »

I've spliced and chopped up a number of mods, added my own etc.  and combined them.  But now, it seems that when using MAYDAYMAX.png the wooden objects in-game as well as the "idlers" indicator and the brown part of depth indicator looks sickly greenish-yellow.  Now I don't remember it looking like that before.  Anyone know how to get that color to be a nice brown?  Thanks in advance.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: MAYDAY tileset makes wood look greenish yellow
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 02:38:03 pm »

I don't generally support mods but see if the colour definitions in the init.txt are left untouched (just as in the original dfg download).
<3

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 05:54:23 pm »

usually no, but when somone like you make an exeption they show a great sense of duty and also get lot lot more appreciated due to humanity and help :0, Thanks for helping him Mayday :D We need more dev like you :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 11:58:22 am »

Thanks for replying Mike.  Yes, the colour defs are untouched and I compared them with a zip of DF just in case.  It's very odd. And I also checked my monitor and it is displaying properly.  Hmm.

By the way, I wouldn't call myself a modder... maybe just a 'dabbler'.

Thanks for the help anyway, it's appreciated.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 02:23:18 pm »

There you go. The default colour for wood in DF is indeed greenish yellow. You need to copy the colour settings from DFG instead of vanilla DF.
<3

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 09:59:51 pm »

Uuuuh, super!  Thanks!... nothing worse than gloopy colors.  By-the-way, I love your tile set, thanks for the hard work.