Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30

Author Topic: Smoke  (Read 21397 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2009, 04:48:08 am »

I have a concave chest and my lungs are abnormally small and weak. I couldn't smoke if I wanted to. I break into fits of coughing while grilling.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2009, 04:58:23 am »

I'm just arguing that disallowing people to smoke in public places is the same as disallowing non-smokers to drive a car in public places, and the limit to personal liberty is a grey area. Especially when smoking, then it's grey and cloudy. My personal stance on the matter is irrelevant.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2009, 07:30:57 am »

How so. Breathing in smoke WILL harm you, being near a car WILL NOT. If you run someone over, you are charged with running someone over.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2009, 07:31:51 am »

Unless you drive an electric car, all cars exhaust harmful particles.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2009, 07:32:28 am »

Of course being near a car WILL harm you, by Carbon Monoxide poisoning, at a greater rate than being near a smoker will, if you're in a place with any kind of ventilation to speak off, like say, outside.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2009, 07:34:07 am »

Oh yeah, that. I'm wrong, disregard what I said. (Not sarcasm)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2009, 07:36:59 am »

Ah ha!  So you admit that cars are harmful to the general public health!  So by the logic of anti-smoking policy, no more cars in any kid of public place, ergo ipso facto, quad erat demonstrandum.

I've completely lost the thread of this argument.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2009, 07:39:06 am »

Thank you Aqizzar for ROBBING ME OF MY FIRST INTERNET ARGUMENT VICTORY EVER. *sigh*

;)

Although: in enclosed spaces a running car will kill you a lot sooner than a cigarette smoker can, as well.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2009, 07:40:29 am »

Oh you can keep the trophy Siquo.  It'll have my name on it, but the glory is all yours.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2009, 07:55:24 am »

Of course being near a car WILL harm you, by Carbon Monoxide poisoning, at a greater rate than being near a smoker will, if you're in a place with any kind of ventilation to speak off, like say, outside.

Carbon monoxide poisoning is not the issue with tobacco, or with cars, and you know it, or should. So sorry, but no cigar for you.

Pun very much intended.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2009, 07:58:43 am »

Getting locked in a windowless room with a running car would kill you though. So really, you're more likely to commit suicide or be murdered using a car than you are to be harmed from it's exhaust by being near one.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2009, 08:16:49 am »

Look, Aqizzar came up with monoxide, which is not the main issue.

Car exhausts, both gasoline and diesel (Lpg is pretty clean, though) contains smoke particles. Even the filtered ones with catalysts and whatnot do. The rubber tires also release small particles (micro-dust), and they all get into my precious lungs, killing me slowly.

In short, I really don't mind not smoking in bars or whatever, just be aware that secondhand smoke and secondhand car driving both kill you, and the latter probably sooner than the first. So why prohibit smoking when cars are more deadly? Rationally, it doesn't make sense.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2009, 08:21:03 am »

This... seems like a silly argument at this point.

Also, what time is it in Amsterdam right now? Just curious, this isn't the setup to a joke or anything.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2009, 08:24:58 am »

14:24 it's friday and i want to go hoooome... Picking useless arguments on teh internets is the next best thing.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2009, 08:35:02 am »

Can't deny it doesn't have a certain pull.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30