Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: Smoke  (Read 21318 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 06:32:39 pm »

If you're dead set on ruining your health, at least pick a substance that gives some enjoyment. Like heroin or crystal meth.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 06:59:40 pm »

Dude, your making excuses for a item that...

A: damages your health

and

B:Costs a hell of a lot.

And if either doesn't seem so bad right now,they will after the addiction sets in and you become reliant on it.

If you're dead set on ruining your health, at least pick a substance that gives some enjoyment. Like heroin or crystal meth.
*facepalm*

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 07:02:05 pm »

Dude, your making excuses for a item that...

A: damages your health

and

B:Costs a hell of a lot.

And if either doesn't seem so bad right now,they will after the addiction sets in and you become reliant on it.

*facepalm*
Well I do have some cough syrup, and a handbook on making drugs. Thanks DJ!

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 01:22:27 am »

Drugs are for the weak.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 01:33:44 am »

There's a slew of good reasons not to drink sodas, eat fast food, live near freeways, or spend time in the sun.

Let the man enjoy his smoke.  If he wants to kill himself slowly for an occasional fix, that's his prerogative.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2009, 02:33:18 am »

Look, everyone, do I have to post the picture and sing the jingle again?

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2009, 05:50:37 am »

It's hard to give up once you start, 'cause it becomes habitual and associated with heaps of shit. And why would you? The best reason I've found is so that you only have to give it up once, but I don't bother. Or to pack more into your day.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2009, 06:10:49 am »

One thing I hate about smoking is how goddammed GOOD it smells. I've got something of a fear of drugs, irrational or no. But whatever, smoke if you wish. Just be aware that this thread is going to derail into whether or not you (personally) should smoke, whether or not you want the advice.

That's kind of like choosing between an horrifically dangerous sport or bungee jumping with no cord to get an adrenaline rush.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2009, 06:16:50 am »

That doesn't make sense, if you don't have a cord, it's not bungie jumping, it's just diving to your death!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2009, 06:34:25 am »

Damn internet, it's hard to tell if you're kidding or not.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2009, 06:52:43 am »

Besides... smoking will seriously hurt your performance in any sport.  I had football/soccer friends who were once very good but can't even run for their lives now.

And whoever said that they're costly hit it spot on... Once we made the calculations of how much he could've saved if he hadn't smoked so much every day and he could've almost bought a car... XD

lastly, your Jeans and other clothes will stink :P.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2009, 07:47:03 am »

There's a slew of good reasons not to drink sodas, eat fast food, live near freeways, or spend time in the sun.

Let the man enjoy his smoke.  If he wants to kill himself slowly for an occasional fix, that's his prerogative.

Yes, this. Goddammit people. Whatever happened to letting people make their own choices about themselves?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2009, 07:50:40 am »

yea probably, I just live too much in the moment I guess. Who am I kidding I only live for the moment  :D

I've been smoking longer than you've been alive. I was the ultimate pro-smoker, and could convince many a non-smoker to take up smoking  ;D

Now I have to quit, and goddamn that's HARD. Really, really hard.

And if you really live for the moment, jump off a bridge. I mean, the moment of free-falling is great, and who cares what happens afterwards? Right?

Really, stop it while you have the chance. The health reasons, the sport reasons, the smell reasons are all non-smoker reasons that don't appeal to a smoker-in-the-bud. This is the real reason, take it from a smoker: you shouldn't start because one day you might want to quit. And that, my friend, is the real torture. Forget waterboarding, this is what the CIA should've used :P

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2009, 07:56:50 am »

Yes, this. Goddammit people. Whatever happened to letting people make their own choices about themselves?
Goddammit Sofia. What happened to letting people give what they consider good advice to others?  It's not like we are forcing him to do anything.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2009, 08:07:11 am »

Eh, I'm kinda apathic about it.  So long as a smoker at least attempts to keep his/her byproducts away from my lungs, I don't much care.  And I tell people they should quit, but they are the same people who tell me to stop drinking so much Dr. Pepper, so I figure it evens out.

I have had a run in or two with smokers who got mad that I was trying to move out of the way of the smoke they were exhaling, and the one woman who was chain smoking in a car, windows up, with a small child.  Those type of things piss me off, but that's a small minority of smokers, so it just proves that some humans just suck.

But I'll echo the idea that smoking is a bitch to quit (for the bulk of folk who try, YMMV), which is the best non-health issue to consider about the habit.
is he okay?
In the traditional sense of the word?  No, he's been dissolved in magma.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30