Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: Smoke  (Read 21310 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2009, 12:16:44 am »

Yeah, but when they are eating they are not a public health hazard.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2009, 12:23:50 am »

we do not become passive eaters or passive talkers...

we DO become passive smokers...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2009, 12:39:54 am »

talking loudly about WoW before they're balls have dropped.

...Dont get me started. Oh, GOD, my maths class is so bad. Like five of them just sit there talking about their warlocks and mages. -.-

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2009, 01:32:09 am »

OH JESUS SILK ROAD I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS I MEAN CHRIST SHUT UP I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER.

Anyway, personal space invading is... bogus? Let's go with that. But it's not as bad as personal space invading that's actually detrimental to your health, sanity notwithstanding.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2009, 03:06:36 am »

Then we should disallow driving a car in a public place, since that *is* detrimental to my health. Also, any electricity that was produced by burning something should be outlawed. Same goes for heating houses. And the entire production chain of all products and food that you consume.

Those are all detrimental to my health so Suck it Up. You know what those cigs cost? And you get the smoke for free!? And still complain?!?!?

Ah yes, I see I still have a long way to go before I manage to quit...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2009, 03:15:27 am »

Good luck with that Siquo. I know you've mentioned you're a father, so I believe that even if you smoke, you would take it outside so as to not hurt your children's health.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2009, 03:38:16 am »

Always. But still, she's getting old enough to see me smoke (even when shivering in the cold on the balcony with an umbrella in the pouring rain, just picture that pathetic moment for a second) and I want to set a good example... But it's hard, so hard :(

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2009, 03:48:18 am »

Good luck man. I have no idea how hard it is, but I know it's hard. And if you're wondering, I don't like people smoking around me because I love the smell (and it worries me) and the media has beaten into my head, like so many others, that smoking will kill and damage you horribly. One thing I'd hate to do is drown in stuff from my own lungs. Brrrr.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2009, 03:50:48 am »

Always. But still, she's getting old enough to see me smoke (even when shivering in the cold on the balcony with an umbrella in the pouring rain, just picture that pathetic moment for a second) and I want to set a good example... But it's hard, so hard :(
That sounds badass, not pathetic...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2009, 04:12:06 am »

Ok, now imagine me in a bathrobe in the rain smoking guiltily on the balcony.  :-\

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2009, 04:13:19 am »

Then we should disallow driving a car in a public place, since that *is* detrimental to my health. Also, any electricity that was produced by burning something should be outlawed. Same goes for heating houses. And the entire production chain of all products and food that you consume.

Those are all detrimental to my health so Suck it Up. You know what those cigs cost? And you get the smoke for free!? And still complain?!?!?

Ah yes, I see I still have a long way to go before I manage to quit...

All smoke you intake is harmful. If you smoke near other people, they WILL breathe it in and they will be harmed, however small it is. Driving a car is a very good way to get from A to B, and benefits you greatly. Electricity is extremely useful, and burning stuff is a way to get lots of electricity. Heating houses is useful. Smoking simply gives you a buzz.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2009, 04:13:38 am »

Ok, now imagine me in a bathrobe in the rain smoking guiltily on the balcony.  :-\
Now its not only badass but also sexy.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2009, 04:21:00 am »

Smoking simply gives you a buzz.

Not even that. But ask any smoker, and they will say that they NEED that cigarette. To a non smoker it seems a voluntary habit, but in the smoker's mind it is not. It has become a necessity of life. I once had no money, and with my last money I had to decide if I was going to get food or cigarettes. Every smoker I told this story had to laugh: Of course you buy cigarettes instead of food.

You NEED to drive a car? Not really. Do I NEED that cig? Yes. Very much yes. Of course we know rationally that it's not true, but that's not what one feels, and in general, feelings still overrule ratio in most humans.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2009, 04:22:57 am »

Smoking simply gives you a buzz.

Not even that. But ask any smoker, and they will say that they NEED that cigarette. To a non smoker it seems a voluntary habit, but in the smoker's mind it is not. It has become a necessity of life. I once had no money, and with my last money I had to decide if I was going to get food or cigarettes. Every smoker I told this story had to laugh: Of course you buy cigarettes instead of food.

You NEED to drive a car? Not really. Do I NEED that cig? Yes. Very much yes. Of course we know rationally that it's not true, but that's not what one feels, and in general, feelings still overrule ratio in most humans.

I'm not arguing against you continuing to smoke, I'm arguing against you arguing that people should be allowed to smoke wherever they want. I get the feeling now that that wasn't what you were arguing, though.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2009, 04:29:16 am »

So you admit that the comparison you are making is fundamentally flawed yet continue to make it anyway? Long story short if we banned all cars and power plants civilization as we know it would collapse. On the other hand here in Britain smoking has been banned in public places and nothing has changed except the fact that if you don't want to you don't have to breathe in someone else's smoke.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30