Author Topic: Smoke  (Read 21475 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke
« Reply #210 on: November 30, 2009, 09:07:56 am »

Since a few pages ago ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 30, 2009, 09:22:12 am »

As it was said few pages ago, you can't compare smoke to cars and such because the problem is with smoking in closed areas. And if you take your car into a bar/restaurant/school/whatever, I am pretty sure that people are going to complain much more than for a cigarette. But it just isn't going to happen, while people smoke in buildings quite often.

now, tell me that driving inside buildings is common, and I'll accept comparison to other big polluting factors ( which should eventually be stopped, but that takes time if we want to avoid civilization semi-collapse).

Nobody wants to outlaw smoking in the streets I think. Or other open spaces, where the harm done is little and it takes little to move just a bit farther if you are annoyed by a smoker.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2009, 09:26:13 am »

Nobody? Kcwong does have a problem with it. His neighbour was smoking outside, although the smoke then went inside, something the neighbour couldn't prevent from happening. Perhaps they could come to some kind of agreement, where the neighbour is allowed to smoke within certain timeframes, and kcwong will close his windows during that time?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2009, 09:40:52 am »

I smoke once in a while. And I'm not going to take any of you guys' whining about your "right to breathe" seriously until you:

-stop driving a car
-stop buying mass-produced goods
-stop eating meat except local

...and that's just a start. Tobacco smoking is a drop in the ocean of air pollution. It is NOT the reason why air quality is shit or the cause of acid rain.

AND... FULL CIRCLE!

Please refer to page #1 and read the thread again. Because otherwise this will begin to resemble Groundhog Day
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 30, 2009, 09:43:15 am »

And that is why I said " I think" at the end of that sentence.  I'll have to look for that post, I missed it.

Anyway, as much as it annoys me to have people around me smoking, even in open air places, I have to respect the fact that smoking outside is the most respectful thing they can do while still keeping their (bad) habits, barring taking the car and going to a desert every time they need to smoke. So I can't complain to them :(
I wish I could, but it seem that all I can do is moving farther. Bah.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2009, 10:04:09 am »

I smoke once in a while. And I'm not going to take any of you guys' whining about your "right to breathe" seriously until you:

-stop driving a car

...and that's just a start. Tobacco smoking is a drop in the ocean of air pollution. It is NOT the reason why air quality is shit or the cause of acid rain.

AND... FULL CIRCLE!

Please refer to page #1 and read the thread again. Because otherwise this will begin to resemble Groundhog Day

Surely you've been in enough internet arguments on subjects more complex than "ur a faget", "no u" to know that this was the inevitable outcome.
Shoes...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 30, 2009, 10:12:04 am »

CTHLU IS A NIRD AND NOBODL IKES U AND US HOULD GO OFF AND KIL URESELF COS NOBODY LIEKS YOU AND YOU EAT POOO! I THINK ABUT HOW PATHTC URE LIFE IS WHILE I BANG MY HOT 20 YR OLD BLNDE GF YOU STUPID POO EATR!

*No offense actually intended*

I like to think that once everyone has put their "two bob" into the circle to share, the only purpose of a thread that asks opinion not that this one was is simply for the members to then argue and elaborate their opinion, against other participants who are doing the same.

However, I believe this is a good thing, as long as it doesn't result in the above RTRDED shit.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 30, 2009, 11:06:36 am »

Well, IMHO, except for one derailment we kept things pretty civil, considering the subject.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 30, 2009, 11:11:48 am »

n/m
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 12:03:42 pm by nil »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 30, 2009, 10:28:26 pm »

I am not saying that in this collection of country's that no one has any rights. But what is to say anything should have any right? Nothing. People thought of the concept and so it became.

And there aren't any cardboard boxes. People thought of cardboard boxes. What is to say that cardboard boxes should exist? Therefore, cardboard boxes don't exist.

-stop driving a car

I'm going to stop shooting at random passers-by when the world governments decide to stop killing each other in wars! I'm going to stop shoving greasy burgers down other people's throats when everyone converts to veganism!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 10:39:15 pm by Sergius »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 30, 2009, 10:51:42 pm »

Did this thread just hiccup? I'd swear that we had at least one more page.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 01, 2009, 05:45:47 am »

I'm going to stop shooting at random passers-by when the world governments decide to stop killing each other in wars! I'm going to stop shoving greasy burgers down other people's throats when everyone converts to veganism!

But you're not gonna stop driving a car when we stop smoking.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 01, 2009, 06:31:10 am »

But you're not gonna stop driving a car when we stop smoking.

Of course not; functional high-speed transportation is the foundation of our civilisation. It actually serves a major, quantifiable purpose.

Your smoking just fufills a chemical addiction; one you had to be pretty stupid to even develop in the first place.

Attemping to put car exhaust and smoking into the same bucket is entirely nonsensical. Smoking is purely recreational, transportation is sometimes recreational, but mostly vital to infrastructure and civilisation.

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2009, 07:24:37 am »

Rhetoric is recreational.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 01, 2009, 07:32:24 am »

Also, cars are only vital to US-ians and people who refuse to move closer to their work, or change their work closer to where they live. It's a commodity that a large part of the world can do without, so why can't you?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30