Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Smoke  (Read 21419 times)

Rozenbuddy

• Bay Watcher
  • High on Caffine
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2009, 04:01:38 pm »

I personaly live with my parents who smoke at least once a day, and I just CANNOT stand it, I have a sensitive nose and it's not just smoke that does it, but it's one of the worst things. It makes me feel sick...

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2009, 04:02:40 pm »

Yeah. Smoking pot has many of the same risks because you're still setting a plant on fire and inhaling the smoke. It might have anticancer effects, though, and if you're smoking weed as much as a tobacco addict smokes cigarettes, you have problems in your life anyhow.

And yeah, vaporize or something. Just using a bong or whatever it is those crazy potheads use is a whoooole lot better than lighting it on fire and inhaling it.

I personaly live with my parents who smoke at least once a day, and I just CANNOT stand it, I have a sensitive nose and it's not just smoke that does it, but it's one of the worst things. It makes me feel sick...

Yeah, smoking indoors is pretty bad. Just look at what it does to the walls of people's houses, and imagine what the air in there must be like.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2009, 12:37:17 pm »

Quote from: Siquo
It only shows that you disagree but are incapable of putting it into words.
Nice Ad hom, siquo.  Ad hom comes when you're afraid of losing your argument so you attack the person?
If you're referring to an 'ad hominem', then please look it up in the dictionary. I was referring to the practice of calling another's argument 'BS' without refuting it with your own arguments.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2009, 03:01:44 pm »

I mean, sure, if you smoke a cigar once every month or two on special occasions you'll probably be just fine without any real ill effects from it, but that's generally not how people do it.
I do that.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2009, 03:07:48 pm »

Quote from: Siquo
It only shows that you disagree but are incapable of putting it into words.
Nice Ad hom, siquo.  Ad hom comes when you're afraid of losing your argument so you attack the person?
If you're referring to an 'ad hominem', then please look it up in the dictionary. I was referring to the practice of calling another's argument 'BS' without refuting it with your own arguments.

I have refuted your arguments several times now. But I am getting bored of arguing with masonry-with-DSL.  And to be honest, I dont *really* care. The facts don't support your absurd thesis, and (for once) the law doesn't, either. So, think whatever you want. I wont mind so long as you don't smoke wherever you want.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2009, 03:51:31 pm »

I have refuted your arguments several times now. But I am getting bored of arguing with masonry-with-DSL.  And to be honest, I dont *really* care. The facts don't support your absurd thesis, and (for once) the law doesn't, either. So, think whatever you want. I wont mind so long as you don't smoke wherever you want.
I want to smoke wherever it doesn't bother anyone, so mind all you like  ;D

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2009, 05:56:19 pm »

Yes, Siquo, it's your right to continue to indulge your addiction and set a bad example for your child.  Happy now?

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2009, 06:59:48 pm »

*shakes head* who knew my little thread could turn into a heated argument lol  ;)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2009, 07:06:20 pm »

I'm going to start smoking, since it's apparently the easiest trollan in the world.
Shoes...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2009, 07:31:44 pm »

I love how some people seem to think that setting something on fire and then inhaling the vapors is a good idea.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2009, 08:13:50 pm »

I love how some people seem to think they have a right and duty to tell other people how to pick their minor habits.

Are we all on the same page about this argument works now?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 29, 2009, 08:14:52 pm »

Are we all on the same page about how this argument works now?

Yeah, nobody wins.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 08:17:56 pm by ToonyMan »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 29, 2009, 08:16:38 pm »

Dammit Toony, you quoted me before I could add "how" to that sentence.  My inept typing is preserved forever.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 29, 2009, 08:18:38 pm »

Now it's your fault!

>:-D

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 29, 2009, 08:32:44 pm »

I love how some people seem to think they have a right and duty to tell other people how to pick their minor habits.

Are we all on the same page about this argument works now?

Depends on the habit; if your habit is affecting others, then everyone you are affecting has a right to tell you to stop affecting them, and you have a responsibility to do so.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30