Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Cthulhu Edition  (Read 8905 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Cthulhu Edition
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2009, 12:48:45 pm »

WD still hasn't made his guy, he might end up doing it.  Worse comes to worst, I'll make him a grievously wounded Rogue Trader entombed in a sarcophagus on the bridge of the ship.  He can provide guidance and maybe give you a bit of a helping hand (not too much though) if you completely miss some important point or the like, but otherwise won't participate in the game.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2009, 12:53:15 pm »

Actually, that sounds fantastic.  The Rogue Trader is a demented old corpse in a permanent iron lung built into the bridge, still holding the Trade Warrant in his rigormortis grip so no one can take it.  We just have to follow whatever wheezy commands he shouts at us during his moments of consciousness and do our best the rest of the time.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2009, 01:13:10 pm »

I'll probably end up doing that.  I won't make a character sheet for him, but I'll write up a backstory and such for him.
Shoes...

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2009, 02:39:05 pm »

I randomly rolled that and it screamed out to me "FUN!".
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2009, 08:12:09 pm »

I'm thinking.

Rogue Inquisitorial Stormtrooper.

YEEEEAAAHHH.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2009, 11:29:35 am »

YEEEAAAAHHHH

Anyway, in the tradition of the great Tee and the Jee...

THIS IS YOUR ROGUE TRADER

Darius Vindicus IV - Rogue Trader

Before his accident, Darius was a scholar, a wise and fair leader, a brilliant tactician, and a peerless commander.  From the helm of his starship, the --I'll Let You Decide, Since It's Your Ship Now--, Darius garnered fortune and glory for himself and his men for over a century.  However, several years ago, in a battle against a Tzeentch Cruiser all the way from the Eye of Terror, The Unspeakable Word(See this?  This is what we in the business call an adventure hook), the bridge of the ILYDSIYSN suffered a lucky lance strike.  Almost everyone there at the time was killed, but Darius somehow survived.  He was grievously wounded, however, his face seared to the bone by the lance's radiance and his arms and legs shattered by shrapnel or frozen by the void.  Knowing nothing could be done to restore him, but unwilling to lose their beloved captain, the remaining members of his entourage entombed him in a black sarcophagus on the bridge where he could continue to lead for centuries more.

Sadly, the Darius they knew was gone.  Exposure to the vacuum caused his brain to hemorrhage, and he became unstable, vaccillating unpredictably between catatonia, psychotic and wrathful episodes, delusions, and rare glimpses of his old self.  The vessel limped back to port, fleeing the wrath of The Unspeakable Word, and began the long process of repairing the vessel and finding new men to replace the ones killed.

Now, the ship is repaired, new leaders have been recruited (That's you), and Darius' career is ready to continue, regardless of his physical condition.

You live in The Koronus Expanse, and it's about to experience real change.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 12:18:55 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2009, 01:18:17 pm »

So... do we get to design the ship now, or what?

Make ready to cast off on the good ship Ilydsiysn.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2009, 01:36:09 pm »

I'm thinking we should just do it on the forum, so we don't have to wait for everyone to be ready.

Strike the ship! (Don't actually strike the ship, that could damage it)

Rollan for profit factor/ship points(Unless you guys want to do it) I got a 9:

30PF/60SP - A dynasty whose power is on the wane, but may yet recover.  That sounds about right for a guy who had to spend a few years in port mumbling in a mehtel bawx.

So, you guys can decide to roll PF yourselves if you want, but don't lie about it, >:( or you can go straight to picking your starting hull from the various hulls listed.  Keep in mind that you'll need ship points to get components too, so don't just go straight for an expensive hull (A cruiser is likely out of your reach, regardless of ship points, since I doubt they're going to hand over a Ship o' the Line to some privateer, even if he is a good one)

Also, you may want to look around the intertrons for the image you want your mini to use.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 02:35:01 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2009, 02:51:04 pm »

WE *COULD* GET A LIGHT CRUISER...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2009, 02:53:07 pm »

YOU COULD INDEED.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2009, 04:06:52 pm »

With 60 Ship Points to spend we'd have all of 5 points to spend on extraneous features, like guns.  I suppose our first order of business is deciding whether we want a Transport, Raider, or Frigate.  Using random rolling for the Complications, I got a pretty nifty 54 point Frigate design to try-

Spoiler: Flying Cathedral (click to show/hide)

The one hitch is that I assumed the Warp Drive only draws power when it's actually in the Warp.  Which only makes sense, and otherwise it'd be damn hard to make any proper warship with the 10-power draw.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 04:19:29 pm by Aqizzar »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2009, 04:16:54 pm »

Yeah, it would make sense to assume that stuff like guns are powered down to allow the warp drives to function.

As for the ship, it looks good, but Warpsbane Hull counts as a Gellar Field, so having it and a regular Gellar Field is redundant.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2009, 04:19:04 pm »

I thought they were complimentary.  Well, all the better then, but now it's a question of whether the extra 2 Profit points would be worth giving up some safety in the warp.

Bah, who's afraid of a few ghosts when you've got money?  However, that does free up enough points to upgrade the crew to Skilled, which would make sense for the whole veteran-captain thing.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2009, 08:37:07 pm »

Just had a test space combat for the whatever of it.  Onslaught Ork Raida vs. Wolfpack Raider.  Orkz won, of course, but it took a while.  The combat isn't bad, but it was kind of slow.  That'll probably change since you guys will have higher skills than 30.
Shoes...

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2009, 03:58:06 am »

I might have to pull out as my time is massivly being eaten up. But I will be watching this if I do.

Hopefully I can tell enough people to get lost intill I get some time for this.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6