Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most crazy fight i ever saw.....  (Read 1423 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most crazy fight i ever saw.....
« on: November 24, 2009, 11:52:23 pm »

One of my dwarf champion with sword went outisde and drove out a whole werewolf siege by himself........

Im using relentless assault mod and werewolf and kindof DEADLY in my head i see them like deathclaw in fallout if anybody ever played a fallout game. But this guy completly drove a whole assault by himself...... and the funny thing is.. NOT EVEN a scratch!.....

Whats your best fight you saw?

Edit: total kill log 70

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Most crazy fight i ever saw.....
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 02:35:36 am »

One of my dwarf champion with sword went outisde and drove out a whole werewolf siege by himself........

Im using relentless assault mod and werewolf and kindof DEADLY in my head i see them like deathclaw in fallout if anybody ever played a fallout game. But this guy completly drove a whole assault by himself...... and the funny thing is.. NOT EVEN a scratch!.....

Whats your best fight you saw?

Edit: total kill log 70

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tholtig Cryptbrain the Waning Diamonds - Kill log: 2,340 elves, and one cyclops. You can see more (including my screen shot) in the link in my sig.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 07:22:50 am »

Woah.

What armor? What stats?

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 08:06:52 am »

Imagine the spawn of Tholthig and Captain Ironblood....
That particular breed of dwarves might just be what we need to kill the elven menace for good!
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 08:10:12 am »

Woah.

What armor? What stats?

Alas, she was only around for world gen. I am still trying to engineer a world that would allow me to play an adventurer a year before she dies, but so far I've only gotten it to generate the original state of the world; then a random dwarf dies wrongly and the entirety of history is thrown off.

Though if I had to extrapolate from the armor of leaders that attack fortresses, masterwork steel armor with exceptional decorations, and a masterwork steel warhammer.

And exactly one hundred and fifty-six pages of elf leather jewelry.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 08:20:00 am by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 10:44:24 am »

Woah.

What armor? What stats?

Alas, she was only around for world gen. I am still trying to engineer a world that would allow me to play an adventurer a year before she dies, but so far I've only gotten it to generate the original state of the world; then a random dwarf dies wrongly and the entirety of history is thrown off.

Though if I had to extrapolate from the armor of leaders that attack fortresses, masterwork steel armor with exceptional decorations, and a masterwork steel warhammer.

And exactly one hundred and fifty-six pages of elf leather jewelry.
Yeah you'll be able to feel her presence when you get near in the form of a 80% decrease in FPS :D
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 02:07:02 pm »

Im using relentless assault mod and werewolf and kindof DEADLY in my head i see them like deathclaw in fallout if anybody ever played a fallout game.
That's exactly how I think of them too. ;D

Just for context, assuming jocan is using the current version (they're tougher in older ones), those things are more than twice as fast and almost twice as big as a dwarf, with a nasty 1-7 damage natural attack and iron weapons (albeit with light armor, elf-level damblock and kobold-level courage).

prism indigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 02:12:56 pm »

Every single adventurer death when I'm using the mimiga mod for Dwarf fortress
They usually involve the tiny thing getting brutally murdered by what usually is a fairly avoidable creature. For instance. I died in about 4-5 turns against a pack of wolves.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 02:32:35 pm »

Im using relentless assault mod and werewolf and kindof DEADLY in my head i see them like deathclaw in fallout if anybody ever played a fallout game.
That's exactly how I think of them too. ;D

Just for context, assuming jocan is using the current version (they're tougher in older ones), those things are more than twice as fast and almost twice as big as a dwarf, with a nasty 1-7 damage natural attack and iron weapons (albeit with light armor, elf-level damblock and kobold-level courage).

Yep only thing is i removed the trap avoid becuase i was loosnig half my dwarf each assault, but tis time they didnt even reach a single trap and this dwarf killed them all... i was about to crash df when i saw the lone champion against them all but i saw trance w00t ill see his death at least and he never died....... Upper body and arms flying everwhere, he was not in trance he was a freacking death machine beserk on rage stuffed with steroid....... I gave him a hell of a ice tomb even the king he he happen to show up will be jealous....
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Peepshow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 02:41:43 pm »

The strangest fight I've seen is when my Human spearman broke a bears face by throwing his shield, gouged it's eyes out and stuck his spear in its gut then spent 10 minutes trying to strangle it to death while the bear had it's jaws locked around my guys head. We called it a draw when it was clear neither one was going to die.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 03:11:19 pm »

Rofl thats niteresting