Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Jurrasic Park  (Read 1582 times)

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Jurrasic Park
« on: November 24, 2009, 05:20:42 pm »

Jurrasic Park is in my opinon  a exellent book. anybody read it?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jurrasic Park
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 06:17:18 pm »

I've read the subtitles before, yes.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 06:29:29 pm »

I've read the subtitles before, yes.
I lmao

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 07:01:06 pm »

Jurrasic Park is in my opinon  a exellent book. anybody read it?

Spelling, Grammar and posting in the right forum for douches, in my opinion was an excellent book. You should read it.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 07:43:13 pm »

It was ok, I wasn't majorly impressed with it. I felt that the whole raptor intelligence thing was overdone. I wouldn't of been surprised if by the end of the book they were quoting Shakespeare and shooting home made lazer guns.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 07:44:38 pm »

The book was anvilicious neo-luddism... like pretty much everything Crichton wrote. Of course, this usually is not noticed because most people skim through Malcom's boring rants, and pass right into the dinosaur stuff. Hence it is mostly remembered as the "WOW, WOULDNT IT BE COOL TO CLONE DINOSAURS?" book.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Balathustrius

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
    • In which I post pictures
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 01:58:37 am »

Probably my favorite book evar.  I read it first when I was 7 (didn't understand it too well, lol), and must have read it 30 times since.

And Malcolm's rants weren't boring!  Fractals and Chaos Theory ftw.  He totally called the second power-outage, using only fucking MATH.  Malcolm was a badass.  Nor do I agree that it was disguised luddism; Crichton was talking about responsibility in science, not stultification.  There are plenty of things going on today more irresponsible than cloning dinosaurs; I tend to agree with him.

Man, now I want to go read it again. 

You have struck Microcline!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 02:05:26 am »

Malcom was a pompous ass which Crichton used to lash against genetic engineering, and sprout vaguely mystical nonsense. I didnt find his pretentiousness cool. And Crichton record is of lashing against anything that hits his technophobic nerve, from neurosurgery, to genetic engineering, to nanotech. And nevermind his climate change rants...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 02:09:18 am »

I preferred the movie.

I need not explain why.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Balathustrius

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
    • In which I post pictures
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 02:14:21 am »

Malcom was a pompous ass which Crichton used to lash against genetic engineering, and sprout vaguely mystical nonsense. I didnt find his pretentiousness cool. And Crichton record is of lashing against anything that hits his technophobic nerve, from neurosurgery, to genetic engineering, to nanotech. And nevermind his climate change rants...

Reading your signature, I can't help but wonder if you're just oversensitive to perceived luddism because you are, in fact, a cyborg.

I hope I won't offend you when I say that, if anything, SKYNET proved Crichton right. 
You have struck Microcline!

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 07:13:57 am »

I totally agree with Balathustrius. I loved the book mainly because of Malcolm, and his math.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 08:03:42 am »

It was ok, I wasn't majorly impressed with it. I felt that the whole raptor intelligence thing was overdone. I wouldn't of been surprised if by the end of the book they were quoting Shakespeare and shooting home made lazer guns.
Admidatly, those raptors were overly smart. But they ate the poisend eggs anyway.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 06:02:04 pm »

I haven't read it, but I read The Andromeda Strain.  I thought the

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
was a bit of a copout.
Shoes...

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 08:42:30 pm »

I haven't read it, but I read The Andromeda Strain.  I thought the

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
was a bit of a copout.
Yeah, andromeda strain is not a interesting book beacause the thing were the virus could kill you in 5 seconds was a little bit... over the top.(never read anything but back cover.)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 04:30:32 am »

I always thought 'Clever girl!' seemed just slightly misplaced, surely he's been taunted and snuck up on before.

Now I know why.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: [1] 2