Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should there be a thread for the game and another for questions OOC?

Yes, two threads sounds good.
- 5 (83.3%)
Nah, leave it as is.
- 1 (16.7%)
Something else (post idea)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: 40K Roleplay Game ~ OOC  (Read 6575 times)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: 40K Roleplay Game ~ Character Fluff
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2009, 04:42:17 pm »

Cools, Jetsquirrel opt'd out but I said he can appear later. I will need a name, gear load out and some background.

Editing first post.

Also new Poll.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 05:18:39 pm »

I figured someone would pick a commissar at some point. And I knew it was going to be you, strife.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2009, 05:46:25 pm »

But you need two commissars! Otherwise nobody will will be around to punish everyone when the first one suffers a tragic accident...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2009, 09:39:09 pm »

Commissar Masenak
Homeworld: Valhalla

Information:
Assigned to 15th Patrian Renders after his first posting, 7th Urdeshi, was damaged to a degree that required its folding into the 5th Urdeshi. Feels some level of guilt dealing with his former Regiment's destruction, subject was not in the area when a surprise Chaos attack knocked out the command structure.

One of the new commissars, subject generally puts a high value on the life of his men. However, after events dealing with discipline in his former training regiment, subject has not hesitated to use summary execution of soldiers he deems risky to have. A quick learner, subject has a degree of tactical ability somewhat higher than the average commissar. Tends to lead from the front if possible.

Unlike most commissars, subject prefers a las-gun for his primary weapon. Subject procured a modified long-las model with several major changes. Due to non-standardization of the weapon, it's exact characteristics are unknown; however, it does not seem to be capable of the long ranged accuracy of a marksman model. An under-barrel flechette gun is known to be a major part of the weapon. Subject also carries a chainsword and bolter pistol as standard weaponry. Subject visibly carries one combat knife and is known to carry a solid-slug pistol as a holdout. Additionally, carapace armor is almost always worn under subject's storm-coat. Known to horde found weapons, subject may be expected to have other armament. Subject's excessive gear load tends to make him somewhat slower than a normal trooper, and less suited to stealth operations. 

Subject does not posses any worrying characteristics for heresy. Prefers Tanna tea as a drink and generally carries some in his kit, as well as several spices. Has been known to use personally procured goods as incentives for his soldiers. Unlike most natives of his planet, subject tolerates heat somewhat well, wears a special version storm-coat that has several liners which he rarely puts in.

*end Inquisition notes: Commissar Masenak*

Commissar Masenak
Armor: Standard Carapace Armor
Commissariat storm-coat

Weapons:
K-MIII Long-las
     -Shortened, reinforced barrel: about the same length as a standard Guard lasgun, the KMIIILL can fire somewhat further and more accurately, but no where near that of a true long-las. Barrel does not wear out quickly, but changing it is an involved process.
     -Adapted mechanism: Able to fire both hot and normal powercells in sizes 3 and 5 (Masenak usually carries several 5 hot-shot clips along with normal cells.
     -Under-barrel flechette gun: Carries a 13 round magazine, fully automatic in operation. It provides devastating close combat firepower, although Masenak normally only carries two mags for it.

One boltpistol

One autopistol
     -Scaveneged from a fallen Chaos officer in close quarters. Masenak used the pistol to kill the officer after it had fallen to the ground in a vicious melee.

One chainsword

One warknife
     -Striaght steel construction, it's balanced for throwing, but Masenak charecteristicly doesn't throw blades. It's been treated to have a pernament matte black finish.

One bootknife
     -Kept sheathed in left boot. 

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2009, 10:25:19 pm »

Oh, as a comment, I don't actually play the game. I know the basics of the armies and such from the best source on the the web, and I'm a pretty avid reader of commissarial fluff (Yay Cain and Gaunt!).

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2009, 11:35:33 pm »

I have watched people play it a couple of times and read a little on wikipaedia and TVtropes. also I played a bit of dawn of war, but basically I am severely ignorant on all aspects. But I can handle the idea of an army of riflemen taking on technologically advanced aliens, grey goo with bombs, grey goo with flying planets, demon armies, and the occasion god. While not only getting the occasion victory, but even having a few survivors left over afterwards...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2009, 06:03:57 am »

Ok the pools polls closed. will be using this one for sign ups and OOC

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2009, 07:15:24 am »

Meh, I don't play either (I know the rules though and have played... something resembling a 40k match with my friend. Fortunately, his orks couldn't hit anything, so I slaughtered them), but I have a big collection of Black Library books and for something I don't know, well, Lexicanum is your friend.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2009, 01:29:43 pm »

Metal Millita, who're we waiting for?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2009, 02:28:17 pm »

Sorry people I've been busy lately but I've got the house to my self so I'm going to work on it now in a new thread.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 40K Roleplay Game ~ OOC
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2009, 11:58:08 pm »

Take your time, no reason to rush.

Mind you, this thread is the main reason that I'm around the forum right now . . .

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2009, 03:37:33 am »

BOLLOCKS!

Man I keep forgetting this.

Ok, I think thats because the way I'm doing it. I'm going to change that so that I'm focusing on one part of the regement at one point. The downside to this is that, for my prolog bit, some people wont be able to have a go for a bit but at least you can read other peoples stuff.

Will work on it NOW. It's 08:36 over here and I've got the house to myself intill 14:00 so I'll get SOMETHING up.

Also that means a lot Strife26. You are now awesome.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2009, 08:44:36 am »

Ok first Prolog of first prolog up, might do more later.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2009, 09:00:35 am »

I know that it's always nice to be appreciated as a GM. Anyhow, I'll keep checking in until it's Masey's turn to enter.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2009, 11:41:50 am »

So do I just post something?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6